DP-H1 Info

Beyonwiz HD STB / Network Media Player.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Wiz HQ
Site Admin

DP-H1 Info

Post by Wiz HQ » Tue Jul 31, 2007 15:37

Hi All,

Here is a bit of info about the soon to be released DP-H1..

The DP-H1 is a High Definition network multi media player and a High Definition Set Top Box. The DP-H1 does not have a integrated HDD but is ?PVR Ready? via USB, simply just connect a USB Stick or HDD and you can utilize all the PVR features such as Pause and Rewind Live TV and timer recording etc.. The DP-H1 like the previous Beyonwiz models will stream movie, music photo?s etc from your PC via the integrated LAN connection. Another cool feature is that if you couple it with, or already own a Beyonwiz DP-S1 or DP-P1, you will also be able to stream content from these units, so for example if you have a DP-S1 in your lounge room and record your favorite program on this unit you can choose to watch it in your bedroom on the DP-H1.

Wiz HQ

** Apologies for the original wrong information about the memory card slots (SD,MMC, CF). As reported by Jackie below the DP-H1 does not include these, I have removed them from the original post above, sorry for the miss communication**
Last edited by Wiz HQ on Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:25, edited 1 time in total.

jackmarshall
Master
Location: Ballarat, Victoria : DP-S1 / Yamaha HTR-5830 / Samsung PS42C7SX (576 res Plasma) component connectio

Post by jackmarshall » Tue Jul 31, 2007 16:25

As I understand it if you are recording on two channels and watching a previous recording you are starting to test the limits of the processor on a DS-P1, what would happen if you then started streaming to another device? What are the limits?

jpp
Guru

Re: DP-H1 Info

Post by jpp » Tue Jul 31, 2007 16:29

Wiz HQ wrote:Hi All,

The DP-H1 is a High Definition network multi media player and a High Definition Set Top Box. The DP-H1 does not have a integrated HDD but is ?PVR Ready? via USB, simply just connect a USB Stick or HDD and you can utilize all the PVR features such as Pause and Rewind Live TV and timer recording etc.. The DP-H1 like the previous Beyonwiz models will stream movie, music photo?s etc from your PC, External hard drives or digital camera via the integrated LAN connection, USB port or Memory card slots (SD, MMC, CF). Another cool feature is that if you couple it with, or already own a Beyonwiz DP-S1 or DP-P1, you will also be able to stream content from these units, so for example if you have a DP-S1 in your lounge room and record your favorite program on this unit you can choose to watch it in your bedroom on the DP-H1.

Wiz HQ
Just to confirm..

1. does it have 1 or 2 tuners?
2. can you program recordings to be made on a connected S1 or P1 from the H1?
3. does it have Wireless LAN as well?
4. Can it have an EPG - i.e does is support IceTV EPG? (via LAN ou USB stick)
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Iscan Duo Video Processor. Yamaha YSP-3300 Digital Sound Projector , Popcorn A500, Oppo DV-980H, Sony TV, Harmony 650 Remote

Wiz HQ
Site Admin

Post by Wiz HQ » Tue Jul 31, 2007 17:34

jackmarshall wrote:As I understand it if you are recording on two channels and watching a previous recording you are starting to test the limits of the processor on a DS-P1, what would happen if you then started streaming to another device? What are the limits?
Hi Jack,

We will advise if there any such limitations closer to the release date.

Wiz HQ

Wiz HQ
Site Admin

Post by Wiz HQ » Tue Jul 31, 2007 17:41

jpp wrote:

The DP-H1 is a High Definition network multi media player and a High Definition Set Top Box. The DP-H1 does not have a integrated HDD but is ?PVR Ready? via USB, simply just connect a USB Stick or HDD and you can utilize all the PVR features such as Pause and Rewind Live TV and timer recording etc.. The DP-H1 like the previous Beyonwiz models will stream movie, music photo?s etc from your PC, External hard drives or digital camera via the integrated LAN connection, USB port or Memory card slots (SD, MMC, CF). Another cool feature is that if you couple it with, or already own a Beyonwiz DP-S1 or DP-P1, you will also be able to stream content from these units, so for example if you have a DP-S1 in your lounge room and record your favorite program on this unit you can choose to watch it in your bedroom on the DP-H1.

Wiz HQ
Just to confirm..

1. does it have 1 or 2 tuners?
2. can you program recordings to be made on a connected S1 or P1 from the H1?
3. does it have Wireless LAN as well?
4. Can it have an EPG - i.e does is support IceTV EPG? (via LAN ou USB stick)
Hi JPP,

1. does it have 1 or 2 tuners? 1 Tuner
2. can you program recordings to be made on a connected S1 or P1 from the H1? Not at this stage but it may be possible in the future via firmware upgrade, will advise.
3. does it have Wireless LAN as well? No just LAN
4. Can it have an EPG - i.e does is support IceTV EPG? (via LAN ou USB stick Yes it will be Ice ready via LAN just like the other models

Wiz HQ.

jpp
Guru

Post by jpp » Tue Jul 31, 2007 19:30

Thanks Wiz HQ.

So, the H1 is a P1 minus 1 tuner and minus HDD - would this be summing it up correctly?

Just one other thing then, what do you expect to be the RRP?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Iscan Duo Video Processor. Yamaha YSP-3300 Digital Sound Projector , Popcorn A500, Oppo DV-980H, Sony TV, Harmony 650 Remote

znelbok
Apprentice

Post by znelbok » Wed Aug 01, 2007 13:37

This is looking like a great family of products, but I think there could be one more added

The H1 with a DVD drive added.

I want to add a media center to every TV and the H1 would do this nicely, but a DVD player would also be nice - combine the two and I would be happy. The P1 is a little bit of an overkill (I would still have a P1 in a central location for recording of shows and then let teh H1 connect to it to play the files back).

Is is going to be possible for any BW device to play files from any other BW device. The H1 is touted as being able to do this, but what about the P1 playing files from a S1 and vice versa.

Mick

jpp
Guru

Post by jpp » Wed Aug 01, 2007 15:37

Yes, files can be shared/played between all BW devices, i.e the P1 can play files stored on the S1 (and from the H1 fitted with a USB drive also I'd imagine) and vise versa.
Phil.

Spinner31
Apprentice

Post by Spinner31 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 08:54

Any ideas on a price for it yet? I'm looking forward to one of these

jackie
Apprentice

Post by jackie » Tue Aug 07, 2007 19:15

Wiz HQ
** Memory card slots (SD, MMC, CF etc.) are NOT supported on the DP-H1
** When using the PVR feature by USB Memory stick, there can be non working USB memory stick(s) with the DP-H1 due to its manufacturer(s) spec.

slitheenguts
On probation

Post by slitheenguts » Tue Aug 14, 2007 18:49

Spinner31 wrote:Any ideas on a price for it yet? I'm looking forward to one of these
yeah do we have RRP yet?

I was looking to get a 2nd Beyonwiz and this will compliment a S1 nicely

Spinner31
Apprentice

Post by Spinner31 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:56

It's almost the start of September any one know of a RRP for the DP-H1?

Are they going to be sold at the same places like JB Hifi?

scdawson
Apprentice

RRP of Beyonwiz DP-H1

Post by scdawson » Fri Aug 31, 2007 15:16

From press release issued by DPG today:
The DP-H1 is IceTV ready via LAN and comes with a free, 3 month subcription to IceTVs 7 day EPG.

The DP-H1 is available for order now from most leading electrical retailers and has an RRP of $699.
Styling is virtually identical to DP-P1.
Stephen Dawson
HiFi Writer

bryceb
Apprentice

Post by bryceb » Fri Aug 31, 2007 21:32

Details of the H1 can be found on the beyonwiz corporate site:

http://www.beyonwiz.com/product/DP_H1/overview.php

craigh
Wizard

Remotes

Post by craigh » Sun Sep 02, 2007 15:50

Are all the remotes for each moded, S, P, H operating on independant carriers or will they interfere with each other. ??

I have IR repeaters for controlling some other remote equipment and I dont want an H1 in one room effecting an S1 in another. ??

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 16:02

Same remote BR -01 for P1 and S1, I'd guess it'd be same for H1.
Philip

DaveR
Wizard

Re: Remotes

Post by DaveR » Sun Sep 02, 2007 17:02

craigh wrote:I have IR repeaters for controlling some other remote equipment and I dont want an H1 in one room effecting an S1 in another. ??
This should be added to the wishlist. i.e. User selectable remote codes so multiple beyonwiz devices do not interfere with each other. There ideally would be a few codes to choose from.

And the code should be user configurable on both the remote and the PVR/STB.

i.e.
- Press and hold the power button on the PVR/STB and then press a number button on the remote to set the PVR/STB code.
- Press and hold the power button on the remote and then press a number button on the remote to set the remote's code.

If the code is changed from the default, the display on the PVR/STB could show the selected code while booting up. Like 'IR Code 2' etc or 'IR2 Selected'.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Sun Sep 02, 2007 21:40

Dave? wrote:This should be added to the wishlist. i.e. User selectable remote codes so multiple beyonwiz devices do not interfere with each other.
Added to wish list in a new section "Remote control improvements", thanks.

bohemian
Master

Post by bohemian » Mon Sep 03, 2007 00:16

craigh wrote:Are all the remotes for each moded, S, P, H operating on independant carriers or will they interfere with each other. ??

I have IR repeaters for controlling some other remote equipment and I dont want an H1 in one room effecting an S1 in another. ??

I too have been wondering if the devices would play well together.
The wise learn from the mistakes of others.

DP-S1 + DP-P1

Swordfish805
Master

Post by Swordfish805 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:08

Does anyone know if timers can be set in the H1 the same way they can with the P1 and S1 (I'm assuming so if it is "PVR ready")? I'm not referring to using the H1 to set a timer on my S1 - instead I'd like to know if the H1 can be set to simply turn on and switch to a certain channel at a predefined date/time. If so, I could use my existing analogue hdd recorder to capture content via the H1.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:20

Hi Swordfish805,
Swordfish805 wrote:Does anyone know if timers can be set in the H1 the same way they can with the P1 and S1 (I'm assuming so if it is "PVR ready")? I'm not referring to using the H1 to set a timer on my S1 - instead I'd like to know if the H1 can be set to simply turn on and switch to a certain channel at a predefined date/time. If so, I could use my existing analogue hdd recorder to capture content via the H1.
While I do not know a definitive answer to your question I do believe that the timers will be available. The firmware base that all the units are built upon is meant to be common to all units. I don't see why the timer feature would be removed as one of its modes is to display a program at a particular time rather than record it. This function is still totally usable on the DP-H1 even if it doesn't have a disk drive.

Regards,
Ian.

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:30

So then just buy a relatively cheap USB drive and you can do without the analogue HDD recorder. :)
Philip

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:32

Hi Philip,

And some people say that the Beyonwiz is over-priced for a PVR. :P

Regards,
Ian.

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:35

I'm not one of them!!! I paid virtually full price and am not particularly bothered by it.

Philip

Swordfish805
Master

Post by Swordfish805 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:07

pjc3 wrote:So then just buy a relatively cheap USB drive and you can do without the analogue HDD recorder. :)
Philip
My Tosh is an excellent HDD and DVD recorder and it is already in use as the DVD player for the parent's retreat; as it is already available and has great editing functions/DVD creation it makes for a better partner for the H1 than a dumb hdd.

Also, it is the cheapest hdd drive I can get (and at 250gb is not a bad size).

Swordfish805
Master

Post by Swordfish805 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:09

IanSav wrote:Hi Swordfish805,
While I do not know a definitive answer to your question I do believe that the timers will be available. The firmware base that all the units are built upon is meant to be common to all units. I don't see why the timer feature would be removed as one of its modes is to display a program at a particular time rather than record it. This function is still totally usable on the DP-H1 even if it doesn't have a disk drive.

Regards,
Ian.
Hi Ian - I had assumed the same about the firmware across the range. Still wanted to get some definitive info before shelling out for a H1...

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:11

I'm suprised the manual isn't downloadable yet ... the others were pretty quick to come up on the website.
philip

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:12

Hi Swordfish805,
Swordfish805 wrote:Hi Ian - I had assumed the same about the firmware across the range. Still wanted to get some definitive info before shelling out for a H1...
Give Beyonwiz Australia a call, they should be able to give an authorative answer.

Regards,
Ian.

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Mon Sep 03, 2007 21:51

IanSav wrote:While I do not know a definitive answer to your question I do believe that the timers will be available. The firmware base that all the units are built upon is meant to be common to all units. I don't see why the timer feature would be removed as one of its modes is to display a program at a particular time rather than record it. This function is still totally usable on the DP-H1 even if it doesn't have a disk drive.
The timers will also be usable to record to an external USB HDD, I believe.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Oct 02, 2007 16:22

The DP-H1 version of the new 01.04.144 firmware and the corresponding updated manual are available from the Beyonwiz Australia download page under DP-H1 in the model drop-down list.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

NaturalSelector
Apprentice

Post by NaturalSelector » Tue Mar 25, 2014 20:55

I have just purchased a DP-H1. (From Dealspace.com.au via a Beyonwiz VIP deal)
The description i read said it could play/stream from any Beyonwiz over a network.. (I have had a DP-P2 for ages, and would love the ability to watch some Hdd contents in another room of our house)

After spending hours trying to get the DP-H1 to see my DP-P2(and Vice Versa) on our network i gave up and contacted the support, which has ultimately led me to this topic.. (They basically said they cannot help, and to check these forums..)

It says here in this thread that the DP-H1 will only connect to the DP-P1 or the DP-S1 - :x

So is it definitely certain that a DP-H1 will not be able to see a DP-P2 and Vice Versa??
I ahve found the Beyonwiz site to be ambiguous on this networking detail..

Has anyone confirmed the limited network connectivity?

What is the limiting feature? they are all Beyonwiz products right??

It's been many years since this thread was active, so I hope someone is able to assist

Thanks for your time

Update: I've just tried to find my post to update it with the current Firmware this DP-H1 has on it, and realised there is another page of posts i missed reading before posting...
The current firmware on this new DP-H1 is: 1.03.081
(I'm not sure how old it is, as i've yet to look into the firmware updates side of things)
Last edited by NaturalSelector on Tue Mar 25, 2014 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
DP-P2, HDMI
DP-H1
Samsung 26" LCD TV
More stuff
Other suff

Gully

Post by Gully » Tue Mar 25, 2014 21:20

NaturalSelector wrote:It says here in this thread that the DP-H1 will only connect to the DP-P1 or the DP-S1 - :x

So is it definitely certain that a DP-H1 will not be able to see a DP-P2 and Vice Versa??
I think you are reading too much into this given it was written before the P2 was released. So of course it is not specifically mentioned.

Have you had a read of the networking section? And tried the settings it suggests for your OS?

Or the guides on the Beyonwiz website?

http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/guides.php

Also you have posted in the wrong spot - this is an announcement thread and your other post was to a bug list.

Did you read the second post in the H1 section where someone asked for advise on networking a H1 and P2 and a lot of information was given to help?
Cheers
Gully

NaturalSelector
Apprentice

Post by NaturalSelector » Tue Mar 25, 2014 21:31

Thanks Gully for your speedy reply!, and Sorry Gully... i thought that i should note this here being it was related to the compatibilities between H1..

Was that the correct place for my other query?

Yes i have looked through the networking section, but found it slightly overwhelming.. i feel there will be many years of research on Beyonwiz products(and their varied intricacies) before i will be at the level of knowldege required to understand what is being written and specifically detailed in alot of that area.

If there were OS settings related to my setup, i have clearly missed them sorry.
I'll need to let my brain digest before going back and re-reading.

Thanks for your help, and i'll be back once i've gone back through the plethora of posts that might be related to my issue.

I updated my original post with the firmware that my DP-H1 was shipped with (1.03.081) so i suspect i will need to investigate that as well, and work out where it should be, and/or if there are any un-wanted "Features" that come with the new firmwares.. (I see alot of people warning against various updates as they remove various functionality, but enable other functionality.. I guess it's a pro's and con's list thing.. Will it give me networking capabilities, but at what cost..

Thanks again :)
DP-P2, HDMI
DP-H1
Samsung 26" LCD TV
More stuff
Other suff

NaturalSelector
Apprentice

Post by NaturalSelector » Tue Mar 25, 2014 21:34

I've just re-read your 1st sentence! i didn't realise the H1 was so old!
I assumed there was another DP model called the DP-P1.. not realising it was the predecessor to the P2... With that in mind i have renewed hope on perhaps finding an answer somewhere in this vast archive from the beginning of the millenium.. :wink:
DP-P2, HDMI
DP-H1
Samsung 26" LCD TV
More stuff
Other suff

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:53

NaturalSelector wrote:...
The current firmware on this new DP-H1 is: 1.03.081
(I'm not sure how old it is, as i've yet to look into the firmware updates side of things)
01.03.081 is antediluvian. The current firmware for the H1 is 01.05.350. It will also allow the H1 to be a WizPnP server as well as a client; early firmware didn't allow that.
Last edited by prl on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:24

prl wrote:01.03.081 is antediluvian. The current firmware for the H1 is 01.05.320. It will also allow the H1 to be a WizPnP server as well as a client; early firmware didn't allow that.
A slip of the keyboard I presume but it is of course 01.05.350 that you need to get.
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:28

Gully wrote:
prl wrote:01.03.081 is antediluvian. The current firmware for the H1 is 01.05.320. It will also allow the H1 to be a WizPnP server as well as a client; early firmware didn't allow that.
A slip of the keyboard I presume but it is of course 01.05.350 that you need to get.
:oops: Of course. Fixed now.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

NaturalSelector
Apprentice

Post by NaturalSelector » Fri Mar 28, 2014 22:05

Yes prl, after reading some of the posts here from many years ago, I realized that the firmware that my new unit shipped with was indeed antediluvian! (In fact I'm pretty sure I saw reference in developers credits, an entry for Noah*)

I guess this box has been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for quite a long time!

I'll be going with the .350 firmware.
Thanks for all of your help and info.

* This may or may not be true, being that it was quite late at night.. err early in the morning
DP-P2, HDMI
DP-H1
Samsung 26" LCD TV
More stuff
Other suff

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 22:11

craigh wrote:Are all the remotes for each moded, S, P, H operating on independant carriers or will they interfere with each other. ??

AFAIK the DP-P2 has a different remote (even though it looks the same). The others all use the same remote.
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

NaturalSelector
Apprentice

Post by NaturalSelector » Tue Apr 01, 2014 20:36

Yeah Pauly55, they look identical.
The DP-P2 has a BR-02
and the others seem to all have the BR-01
DP-P2, HDMI
DP-H1
Samsung 26" LCD TV
More stuff
Other suff

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Apr 01, 2014 22:06

Hi,

If I remember correctly the BR-02 can be programmed to behave as a BR-01.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 09:34

IanSav wrote:Hi,

If I remember correctly the BR-02 can be programmed to behave as a BR-01.

Regards,
Ian.
Press and hold 1 while holding down OK to go to BR-01 mode. Press and hold 2 while holding down OK to go back to standard BR-02 mode. The TV button blinks 3 times when the switch has been made.

The two remotes can be distinguished by the BR-02 having AV Bypass silkscreened underneath the EJECT button on the remote. Both models also have their model number silkscreened on their backs.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “DP-H1”