LiDiC no video or sound

Line-in Digital Converter. Record and timeshift Satellite, VCR, DVD etc.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

davidd
On probation

LiDiC no video or sound

Post by davidd » Tue Nov 27, 2012 16:58

Hi All!

My first post in these forums - so go gently! :->

I have recently brought into the Beyonwiz family with a purchase of a DP-S2, DP-S1 (& LiDiC) and a DP-Lite i (& LiDiC) ... all the BW boxes seem to work fine.

However, the two LiDiC's I have do not work on either of the BW boxes (either DP-S1 or DP-Lite i). I have a Wii game console and a DVD / VHS recorder on the two composite inputs on the LiDiC - the LiDiC channels 950 and 951 come up OK but there is no sound or video. Both the Wii and DVD operate correctly when plugged directly into the TV AV inputs.

I am using composite video cables and have plugged in both the Wii and DVD to the LiDiC's AV inputs (read and white for audio and yellow for video). I am using the short USB cable that came with the DP-Lite i - however, there are no blue lights on the LiDiC at all (hmmm... this might be a clue!!).

On the BW boxes I have enabled the LiDiC (using the setup menu and LiDiC option) - then set display to 'centre'. Both inputs in the LiDiC menu are set to 'composite' and 'PAL'.

The symptoms are the same for both LiDiCs purchased - I can only presume that I am doing something wrong - surely, both can't be faulty!

Any clues or recommendations?

Regards

David
David D. :->
----------------
DP-S2
DP-S1
DP-Lite i
LiDiC x 2

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Tue Nov 27, 2012 20:55

Hi David,

Welcome!

I don't have a LiDiC so I have no experience with them. From your description it appears that you have made the appropriate connections and settings.

Have you tried all the available USB ports on each Beyonwiz?

Can you try an externally powered USB hub between the LiDiC and the Beyonwiz. It would be good to check if the LiDiC is getting enough power to start up. (Older Beyonwiz units tend to suffer from power supply degradation that could limit the available power to the USB ports.)

Another alternative would be to try installing the Beyonwiz DR software (http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/media/downlo ... _10002.exe) on a PC and try connecting the LiDiC to your PC. I am not sure if this software is limited to Windows XP but I strongly suspect that this will be the case.

Regards,
Ian.

davidd
On probation

Post by davidd » Tue Nov 27, 2012 22:39

[quote="IanSav"]Hi David,

Welcome! ... thanks for the welcome! :->

Have you tried all the available USB ports on each Beyonwiz? .... I've tried the rear USB ports on the DP-Lite i (only has 1 port!) and DP-S1 (has a front one to try as well - worth a look)

Can you try an externally powered USB hub between the LiDiC and the Beyonwiz. It would be good to check if the LiDiC is getting enough power to start up. (Older Beyonwiz units tend to suffer from power supply degradation that could limit the available power to the USB ports.) .... OK didn't think of that - will try to track down a powered USB hub.

Another alternative would be to try installing the Beyonwiz DR software (http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/media/downlo ... _10002.exe) on a PC and try connecting the LiDiC to your PC. I am not sure if this software is limited to Windows XP but I strongly suspect that this will be the case. .... yes, tried this, I only have Win 7 boxes now :-( ... however, in trying the LiDiC with a desktop PC both blue lights were lit before I tried installing drivers (hmmm - maybe a clue in that one pointing to PSU issue).

Thanks Ian,

Regards

David :->
David D. :->
----------------
DP-S2
DP-S1
DP-Lite i
LiDiC x 2

jonpanoff
Apprentice

Re: LiDiC no video or sound

Post by jonpanoff » Sat Feb 27, 2016 16:21

Hi,
The WizDR link seems to be invalid now. Does anyone have a new link to this software?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Feb 27, 2016 16:42

jonpanoff wrote:Hi,
The WizDR link seems to be invalid now. Does anyone have a new link to this software?
Carefully hidden on the Beyonwiz Downloads page in the Discontinued Products section, under LiDiC>LiDiC Win32 Software & Driver.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sat Feb 27, 2016 17:43

I think the point being made is the link leads to
==> "Error 404"
http://beyonwiz.com.au/media/downloads/ ... _10002.exe