Remote name

Moderators: Gully, peteru

adoxa
Wizard

Remote name

Post by adoxa » Thu Jun 27, 2019 20:11

In looking at the DVD player I came across another issue. The V2 remote is called "dreambox advanced remote control", missing the ending " (native)" that the other remotes have. This meant DVD chapter movement didn't work. There are possibly three options: remove the device from the keymap, always defining those keys; add another device section for this remote; or force a rename.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Re: Remote name

Post by IanSav » Thu Jun 27, 2019 20:17

Hi Adoxa,

OpenPLi have already deleted / integrated those entries. I suspect that OpenViX and OpenPLi will follow suit.

Regards,
Ian.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:15

Oh yes, it looks like OpenPLi tidied up in Feb; OpenViX and OpenATV still have the devices. In that case, I suggest integrating "dreambox advanced remote control (native)" (but removing the SONG keys), keeping "keyboard" and "dreambox front panel" (or not? it doesn't look right) and deleting the rest.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:44

Hi Adoxa,

I haven't looked at this area of the code yet. (I am working on the new Directories.py at the moment.) I believe the Dreambox entries are left overs from the original Enigma1 project. I have been cleaning up the keymaps with each change I make that involves the keymap. Next you will see a clean up in the Setup.py, ConfigList.py and config.py code, screens and keymaps.

Regards,
Ian.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Sat Jun 29, 2019 15:35

adoxa wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:15
[...] [I]ntegrating "dreambox advanced remote control (native)" (but removing the SONG keys), keeping "keyboard" and "dreambox front panel" (or not? it doesn't look right) and deleting the rest.
Submitted (with deleted "dreambox front panel").

Return to “Developers Community”