IceTV multiple timers for ABC News

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

RonN
On probation

IceTV multiple timers for ABC News

Post by RonN » Thu Dec 29, 2016 15:33

I am new to Beyonwiz and have just set up my T4 with IceTV in the past week. I have set up a number of Keyword recordings in 'My Series' on the IceTV App to hopefully pick up those series when rating return.

These seemed to be working OK with the ones that were in the guide over the past week. Today when checking my Beyonwiz timers I found multiple timers for 'ABC News' over the next week. Some days have up to 15 timers for 'ABC News' most on 24 but several for ABC HD.
They appear in the 'My Week' one the IceTV App as well as on the Beyonwiz T4.

I have not set up any timer or series recording for 'ABC News' and have been trying to find any title that I have set up for series recording that might have been picked up within the ABC News details and triggered the timer but I haven't found anything.

I have put in a support request with IceTV and am awaiting a reply but I was wondering of anyone has had this problems or may know what I may have done wrong

Ron

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: IceTV multiple timers for ABC News

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Dec 29, 2016 17:11

Hi Ron,

What 'KEYWORD RECORDINGS/FAVOURITES' do you have set in IceTV?
The ABC News programs will have a fairly static description and I'm guessing that has a match for your keyword.

You could update your keyword to add an exclude filter of -"ABC News" to exclude that program.

Any chance you've got a keyword for "Vera"? If so, see this post

Cheers,
Geoff

RonN
On probation

Post by RonN » Thu Dec 29, 2016 19:14

Thanks Geoff

I had set up Vera as a Keyword Recording. Thanks for the link.

I have a lot to learn about setting up keywords and how to exclude things especially with one word titles.

I need to master using " " and -" " to fine tune Keyword Recording. Are there any guides to using them other than the one on the IceTv website.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ron

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Dec 29, 2016 19:53

The vast majority of my IceTV scheduling is via Series Recordings rather than Keyword Recordings. I don't know of any keyword FAQ other than the website - http://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/ar ... Favourites
My suggestion is to setup Series Recordings as much as you can (fairly obvious, I know :))

Return to “Ice TV”