Beyonwiz T3 that will not to return to sleep.

Discuss the IceTV EPG and Recording Apps here

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Senden
On probation

Beyonwiz T3 that will not to return to sleep.

Post by Senden » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:35

I have a Beyonwiz T3 that will not return to sleep after a program recording. I use ICE TV that is programed on the my Apple Desktop. The PVR wakes up from Shutdown records a program and remains on, has done this since new. The PVR has been returned to Beyonwiz and have tested it advising that it returns to sleep as it should. Beyonwiz replaced the unit with a new one and I still encounter the same problem.
I tested the unit in other room to no availe. The problem has Beyonwiz stumped. Has anyone else had this issue , as I don't like to leave the unit swithed on all the time. Any help would be appreciated.

Ross

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Beyonwiz T3 that will not to return to sleep.

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Sep 21, 2015 23:39

Have you checked the "After event" setting for the timers?
What firmware are you on?
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=9074&p=122065#p121573

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 22, 2015 07:38

Moved from the DP section of the forum because it's not about the DP series.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 22, 2015 07:45

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:Have you checked the "After event" setting for the timers? ...
Senden seems to be talking about IceTV timers. The IceTV plugin always creates recording timers with "After event=auto".

I have no problem with IceTV recordings returning our T series to shutdown if the recording timer brought the PVR out of shutdown. This wasn't the case with some earlier firmware.

If you shut down the T series while there s a recording running it will go to standby to complete the recording, then shut down.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Sep 22, 2015 09:40

prl wrote:... Senden seems to be talking about IceTV timers. The IceTV plugin always creates recording timers with "After event=auto".

I have no problem with IceTV recordings returning our T series to shutdown if the recording timer brought the PVR out of shutdown. This wasn't the case with some earlier firmware.
The post I linked had you stating -
"In some earlier firmware, the "After event" auto setting didn't work, but it was fixed between the last two public releases, and should als be fixed in the most recent beta.
I tested this on a timer manually set on the T3 (with IceTV enabled) and on an IceTV-set timer, with firmware 20150417 (public release). It worked just fine for me."

I note the 17-Apr-15 firmware (beyonwiz-4.4-beyonwizt3-20150417) had this change entry -
"Wake up by timer now correctly reported. This means it is possible to shutdown, wake up for a recording and then go back to shutdown."

Perhaps Senden is running an earlier firmware than 17-Apr-15.

Return to “Ice TV”