Which Channels ?

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

np
Master

Which Channels ?

Post by np » Fri May 09, 2008 21:23

Hi Guys,

I am in Sydney and when I do a scan of channels, i get quite a large number of channels, many of which are similar, ie: Seven HD Digital, Seven HD etc etc.

I was wondering what your prefered settings are. Ie: do you delete channels that are the same as others ? or just create a Favourite Group ?

The other thing I am interested in is what the main channels are so I dont have a similar channel listed many time. In the old days it was simply SBS, ABC, 7,9,10

What channels give me the full range of programs available and limits duplication?

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Fri May 09, 2008 21:55

I use faves. The guide will be based around your chosen fave group also.
I don't advise deleting the extras, as you never know what may end up on them one day (e.g muti-angles for tennis and the like for some of those extras for 7).
My channel list:
Being in Sydney you can create a second group with all the D4 channels, as they are next to useless for channel surfing to normally, but still if you are really bored worth looking at once or twice. Notice I also don't have SBSHD there, as the HD for SBS is poor bob-de-interlacing of their SD and thus worse quality than just watching the SD channel.
Regards
Tony

np
Master

Post by np » Sat May 10, 2008 11:28

Thanks Tonymy01, i will give it a go.

xnikx
Master

Post by xnikx » Sat May 10, 2008 12:25

I personally delete all the extras and prefer to rescan if theres something new. Is it worth mentioning to np to be careful if he wants to delete double-ups and check each channel with the new tuner feature under popup? Must say I love this feature as I was starting to get crackles and pops on SC10...umm guess who chose to keep the wrong twin?

Return to “Digital TV”