Underbelly for us poor Victorians....

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

gregster
Apprentice

Underbelly for us poor Victorians....

Post by gregster » Tue Feb 12, 2008 19:49

So which one of you very generous Non-Victorians is going to record Underbelly on their BW & share it with us Victorians now that it has been banned down here.......

Gregster

duke
Master

Post by duke » Tue Feb 12, 2008 20:57

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story ... 39,00.html
However watching illegal versions of the underworld drama will not be without risk.

Mr Vaile said people caught uploading clips from Underbelly could face copyright and contempt of court charges.
Not me.

gregster
Apprentice

Post by gregster » Wed Feb 13, 2008 09:44

Nah, fair enough.
Looks like we'll have to wait....

Gregster

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Wed Feb 13, 2008 16:22

Whilst I can understand the courts decision based on historical practice, the banning order only goes to demonstrate the failure of the legal process to understand the new reality of the Internet. A suburban solicitor friend of mine asked me only 12 months ago "where was the management headquarters of the Internet?" I was installing some software on his laptop at the time. It must be hard for judges to comprehend the almost "anarchical structure" of the Internet with it's levels of redundancy and reach. Certainly there is nothing to stop an ISP in Russia or Brazil to host the program in question and a "wink wink nod nod" renaming of the download file. Clearly it's a problem for the law where technology and the peoples understanding and access is way ahead of the legal fraternity and indeed the law makers.

Whilst this program is probably not going to win any great artistic awards it will be in high demand simply because it was banned from screening for perfectly reasonable grounds under our legal system - now New York would be a different matter!!!
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Return to “Digital TV”