Which video output?

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

wazandnat
Apprentice

Which video output?

Post by wazandnat » Sat Jun 30, 2007 23:00

I have been trying to decide which video output I should be using with my display and I was after some opinions.

I have an NEC plasma with a native resolution if 1024x768 pixels. My first option was to use the HDMI output as this should give the best quality. My display has a DVI input which I connected to the HDMI output of the beyonwiz with a conversion cable which was supplied with the display. I then set the beyonwiz to HDMI PAL at 1080i. My first thoughts were that it was a bit darker than I was use to so tried the S-Video and Component and noticed the brightness comes back and seems a better picture to me.

Can anyone tell me why the HDMI output seems darker and/or which of the various output and setting combinations would best suit my display? Any other comments or similar experiences are also welcome.

Regards
Warren

jackmarshall
Master
Location: Ballarat, Victoria : DP-S1 / Yamaha HTR-5830 / Samsung PS42C7SX (576 res Plasma) component connectio

Post by jackmarshall » Wed Jul 11, 2007 15:11

HDMI should be the best! it's a straight digital image, try playing with the settings on your TV to correct your brightness.
That said, I use component and it is excellent

Return to “Digital TV”