Rescan for SBS World Movies

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

simoncasey
Wizard

Rescan for SBS World Movies

Post by simoncasey » Mon Jul 01, 2019 14:23

I’m sure there’s an obvious reason for this but I had to rescan to watch SBS World Movies. The old SBS Viceland SD was in my channel list with the World Movies coming poop and I assumed it would just automatically start showing World Movies when the time came. What I got was the audio playing but no video.
A rescan fixed it so anybody with the same issue, just do a rescan to add the new channel.
Beyonwiz T4

prl
Wizard God

Re: Rescan for SBS World Movies

Post by prl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 15:39

simoncasey wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 14:23
I’m sure there’s an obvious reason for this but I had to rescan to watch SBS World Movies. The old SBS Viceland SD was in my channel list with the World Movies coming poop and I assumed it would just automatically start showing World Movies when the time came. What I got was the audio playing but no video.
A rescan fixed it so anybody with the same issue, just do a rescan to add the new channel.

World Movies isn't simply a rename of Viceland. The Viceland channel was discontinued, and a new channel with new broadcast parameters, including a new SID was started. That sort of change can't be done automatically in the current Beyonwiz series.

I posted about the need for a rescan two days ago, and MrQuade also suggested in the same topic that a rescan might be needed.

I think other posters have said the same in other contexts recently.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jul 01, 2019 16:28

It turned up on my V2 Terrestrial list with no intervention from me! Need I rescan?
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Spot
Apprentice

Post by Spot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 16:37

I had to rescan, which upset my favourites. I then tried deleting all my favourites which put my V2 into a non-responsive condition, twice!

Eventually I decided to reset back to factory condition and reconfigure my V2. All good now.

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Mon Jul 01, 2019 16:40

netmask wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 16:28
It turned up on my V2 Terrestrial list with no intervention from me! Need I rescan?
If you’re getting audio only and a blank screen, then you’ll need to rescan.
Beyonwiz T4

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 16:50

netmask wrote:

That surprises me a great deal, though I guess it's possible that in some regions World Movies took over Viceland's SID, but that isn't the case in Sydney. Viceland was SID 0x302 and World Movies is SID 0x307. The broadcast format has also changed from MPEG12 to MPEG4 and from SD to HD.

My test V2 is still listing SBS VICELAND in Terrestrial TV LCN (but with no EPG or other similar info), and there's no SBS World Movies.

Which does your Last Scanned bouquet show, SBS VICELAND or SBS World Movies?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:00

Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 16:37
I had to rescan, which upset my favourites. I then tried deleting all my favourites which put my V2 into a non-responsive condition, twice!

It shouldn't upset them very much. When I rescanned SBS VICELAND showed <n/a> as its channel name, and of course, there was no favourites entry for SBS World Movies. I deleted the SBS VICELAND entry, added SBS World Movies and moved it into place without any problems.

Your description about what happened when you deleted all your favourites isn't clear enough for me to be able to guess what went wrong. If you deleted all your favourites using OpenWebif while favourites was your current bouquet, I can see the potential for that to cause problems.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Spot
Apprentice

Post by Spot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:10

Your description about what happened when you deleted all your favourites isn't clear enough for me to be able to guess what went wrong. If you deleted all your favourites using OpenWebif while favourites was your current bouquet, I can see the potential for that to cause problems.
Please excuse my ignorance but I have no idea what that means.

I went to Menu > Channels > Favourites (TV) and tried deleting each from there. At a certain point the Menu button would only open a different menu and the power button was unresponsive. All I could do was shut down the V2 using the switch on the back of the V2. This happened twice before I decided to reset the V2.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:26

Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:10
Please excuse my ignorance but I have no idea what that means.

I had to guess how you deleted the favourites, and it appears I guessed a method you weren't aware of.
Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:10
I went to Menu > Channels > Favourites (TV) and tried deleting each from there. At a certain point the Menu button would only open a different menu and the power button was unresponsive. All I could do was shut down the V2 using the switch on the back of the V2. This happened twice before I decided to reset the V2.

I've never tried deleting all the entries in an active favourites list. I'll give it a go and see what breaks.

I'm still not sure what you meant by the rescan having "upset my favourites". Do you mean that the SBS VICELAND entry showed "<n/a>" and there was no entry for SBS World Movies? If so, that's exactly what I'd expect and all it needs to fix it is what I described above. If you saw something else, could you describe it?

PS: If you want to only quote part of someoe's post, you can use the quote button (double quote icon) above the post you're replying to instead of the reply button, and then just delete the bits you don't want to quote. With a bit of practice, you can also split up a quote to answer parts of it separately, as I've done. In all these manipulations the "Preview" button is your friend.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Spot
Apprentice

Post by Spot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:34

Sorry, pretty new with methods and terminology. Quite a learning curve coming from my FV-L1. As a Linux user I'm okay with Windows.
I'm still not sure what you meant by the rescan having "upset my favourites". Do you mean that the SBS VICELAND entry showed "<n/a>" and there was no entry for SBS World Movies? If so, that's exactly what I'd expect and all it needs to fix it is what I described above. If you saw something else, could you describe it?
Yeah, that is what I seen, but after checking the EPG I may not need SBS World Movies in my favourites anyway.

Spot
Apprentice

Post by Spot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:38

prl wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:26

PS: If you want to only quote part of someoe's post, you can use the quote button (double quote icon) above the post you're replying to instead of the reply button, and then just delete the bits you don't want to quote. With a bit of practice, you can also split up a quote to answer pars of it separately, as I've done. In all these manipulations the "Preview" button is your friend.
Yep, got it. These forums work a little differently than others I frequent. Thanks for the tip.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:42

Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:34
Yeah, that is what I seen, ...

OK, thanks.

I'm not sure quite what you meant about Windows, but all Beyonwiz models (including the old DP/FV series) run some variety of Linux. But not the Linux windowing environments :D
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:43

Spot wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:38
prl wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:26

PS: If you want to only quote part of someoe's post, you can use the quote button (double quote icon) above the post you're replying to instead of the reply button, and then just delete the bits you don't want to quote. With a bit of practice, you can also split up a quote to answer pars of it separately, as I've done. In all these manipulations the "Preview" button is your friend.
Yep, got it. These forums work a little differently than others I frequent. Thanks for the tip.

:)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Spot
Apprentice

Post by Spot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:50

prl wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 17:42
OK, thanks.

I'm not sure quite what you meant about Windows, but all Beyonwiz models (including the old DP/FV series) run some variety of Linux. But not the Linux windowing environments :D
Well, as a truck driver I do alright at driving cars or riding bikes.

Basically, while I do have a Linux machine I know very little about it. I'm much more familiar with Windows. ;)

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jul 01, 2019 18:08

prl wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 16:50
netmask wrote:

That surprises me a great deal, though I guess it's possible that in some regions World Movies took over Viceland's SID, but that isn't the case in Sydney. Viceland was SID 0x302 and World Movies is SID 0x307. The broadcast format has also changed from MPEG12 to MPEG4 and from SD to HD.

My test V2 is still listing SBS VICELAND in Terrestrial TV LCN (but with no EPG or other similar info), and there's no SBS World Movies.

Well I'm in Sydney! Inner west 7 miles from the Opera House and 10 minutes by train!!!!! It now shows SBS World Movies since today. Previously SBS Viceland.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 01, 2019 18:11

netmask wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 18:08
prl wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 16:50
netmask wrote:

Well I'm in Sydney! Inner west 7 miles from the Opera House and 10 minutes by train!!!!! It now shows SBS World Movies since today. Previously SBS Viceland.

What shows those two channels? If it's Last Scanned, you have definitely done a service scan since SBS World News started. The same for Terrestrial TV LCN. Those two bouquets are written from scratch after a location scan.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jul 01, 2019 18:18

Currently on Movies Mary and Max followed by Lion and on Viceland HD Monty Python. When I go to Last Scan it lists all services with no mention of Work Movies and under the setting shown Viceland SBS VICELAND no program showing .
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 01, 2019 19:22

netmask wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 18:18
Currently on Movies Mary and Max followed by Lion and on Viceland HD Monty Python. When I go to Last Scan it lists all services with no mention of Work Movies and under the setting shown Viceland SBS VICELAND no program showing .

Interesting. What are the timestamps on these files in /etc/enigma2/ -
userbouquet.LastScanned.tv
lamedb5
userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jul 01, 2019 19:22

I think I have worked out, maybe, how it happened . A few days ago I did the on-line update and possibly it may have made a change.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jul 01, 2019 19:35

Filezilla seems to lose the password - I used the random yellow button on the BW. So when I can overcome this problem I'll post details of
"Interesting. What are the timestamps on these files in /etc/enigma2/ -
userbouquet.LastScanned.tv
lamedb5
userbouquet.terrestrial_lcn.tv"

Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS ****
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Sorry I give up! I tried complex passwords and the last try a simple 1234. The rest of my network is OK. I have full access to my A-500 another Linux system. Only the access to other than Movie and logs is a pain in the arse on the BW
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 01, 2019 20:00

netmask wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 19:35
Sorry I give up! I tried complex passwords and the last try a simple 1234. The rest of my network is OK. I have full access to my A-500 another Linux system. Only the access to other than Movie and logs is a pain in the arse on the BW

You can use File Commander (MENU>>Sources / Files) to view the timestamps.

As for the root password, don't be a numpty - enter your own password for the V2:
MENU>>Setup>>Network>>Password
Then press TEXT to bring up the virtual keyboard

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 21:01

My IceTV experience was a touch frustrating until I hit upon having to disable and reenable IceTV. :twisted:

On the T3 & U4 I did a full location scan for Melbourne which found all the new/changed services. Went to Terrestrial and added the new World Movies service to the Favourites bouquet.

Went to IceTV website and activated World Movies. Saved. For good measure, set a timer on World Movies and hit resend all timers.

On the T3, hit Fetch EPG and Timers. Timer appeared but no EPG data for World Movies. WTF? :evil:

Not until the disabled/reenable did my frustration end!

So, IceTV users - don't forget to disable and reenable IceTV!
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jul 01, 2019 21:12

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 20:00
netmask wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 19:35

You can use File Commander (MENU>>Sources / Files) to view the timestamps.

As for the root password, don't be a numpty - enter your own password for the V2:
MENU>>Setup>>Network>>Password
Then press TEXT to bring up the virtual keyboard
Already tried all of that but filezilla still reports a problem

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: USER host

Everything worked up till the last on-line update to the V2
I also tried CuteFTP same problem..
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 01, 2019 21:15

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 21:01

I didn't need to do that (nor enable World Movies in my Ice account as it was enabled by default).

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Jul 01, 2019 21:31

netmask wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 21:12
Command: USER host

Everything worked up till the last on-line update to the V2
I also tried CuteFTP same problem..
That looks like you are trying to log in as "host" not "root".
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Jul 01, 2019 21:35

Yep my error - Been working on PC with a user name host and it got "rooted" in my brain - sorry for all the panic been one of those weeks past... :oops:
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

Jeddie
Master

Post by Jeddie » Tue Jul 02, 2019 08:21

Not sure if this question belongs in this thread?

Last night I rescanned and World Movies appeared and I successfully added to my favorite. But in the EPG World movies is pushed over to the left because it is missing its picon.

When and how will the World Movies picon be updated?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Jul 02, 2019 08:35

Jeddie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 08:21

When and how will the World Movies picon be updated?
With an upcoming online update. Shouldn't be more than a week or two away.

Jeddie
Master

Post by Jeddie » Tue Jul 02, 2019 09:26

Ok thanks.

kbosward

Post by kbosward » Tue Jul 02, 2019 22:50

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 21:01
I too had to disable/enable IceTV to see SBS World Movies EPG. Before I did that, I did "Fetch EPG and update timers now", and also did resend all on IceTV server, but the EPG never showed up. Well, actually it did, sort of ... when I looked on OpenWebif it showed the EPG starting next week (8th July), but nothing for the current week. But once I disabled/enabled, then did a fetch, the EPG immediately appeared.

Ken.
U4 19.3.20190921

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Jul 08, 2019 15:45

Spot wrote:

Eventually I decided to reset back to factory condition and reconfigure my V2. All good now.

I've just had a chance to get back to this.

Simply deleting all the entries, one at a time using FAV, MENU>Remove entry in the currently-active (non-Favourites) bouquet didn't cause any problems when either the current channel was deleted or when the last channel in the bouquet was deleted. Tested on on a T4 (firmware 20190706) and V2 (firmware 20190630 and 20190706).

When you were deleting the channels in your favorites list, had you disabled MENU>Setup>TV>Channel selection>Enable multiple bouquets (enabled by default)? That setting has a history of problems whan it tries to find the current channel in the Favourites bouquet.

Can you remember whether the GUI stall happened when you deleted the current channel or the last channel in the Favourites list, or for some other deletion?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Spot
Apprentice

Post by Spot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 14:09

prl wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 15:45
Spot wrote:

I've just had a chance to get back to this.

[...]
When you were deleting the channels in your favorites list, had you disabled MENU>Setup>TV>Channel selection>Enable multiple bouquets (enabled by default)? That setting has a history of problems whan it tries to find the current channel in the Favourites bouquet.
Hey prl,

No I never made that change.
prl wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 15:45

Can you remember whether the GUI stall happened when you deleted the current channel or the last channel in the Favourites list, or for some other deletion?
The V2 was on one of the favourite channels. I don't recall what channel I was deleting from the favourites list when it first became unstable but after I flicked the switch on the back, then restarted the V2 to continue deleting the rest of the channels it was still on the same channel.

I only managed to delete a few more channels before the same thing happened again.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:12

Were you deleting channels using MENU>Remove entry or by using the GREEN Remove entry button?

I've so far only been able to reproduce this problem when I:
  • Delete from Favourites (and not other user-created bouquets);
  • Delete the current live TV channel using the GREEN Remove entry button rather than MENU>Remove entry (this may explain why the error doesn't happen in other user-created bouquets, because they don't have the GREEN button set to Remove entry);
  • When I delete from Favourites using the GREEN Remove entry button I get thrown out of the channel list back to live TV; and
    • Sometimes the current bouquet has been changed from Favourites to Terrestrial TV LCN
    • Sometimes it then just works normally; sometimes the remote is locked out for a short time, but sometimes permanently
    • When it's locked out permanently, there appear to be two ActionMaps enabled for the ChannelSelectBaseActions context, I see

Code: Select all

{6673}< 12886.286> [ActionMap] skipping showFavourites (ChannelSelectBaseActions
      )
      {6673}< 12886.286> [ActionMap] calling showFavourites (ChannelSelectBaseActions)

• The issue looks like some sort of race condition (based only on the fact that its effects vary so much);
  • The problem seems to be connected to the recent changes that implement the GREEN button's Remove entry in some bouquets (especially in the Favourites bouquet).
There are also some other issues with the GREEN Add to favourites/Remove entry button actions. See Issues with Channel selection GREEN Add to favourite/Remove entry.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Spot
Apprentice

Post by Spot » Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:33

prl wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:12
Were you deleting channels using MENU>Remove entry or by using the GREEN Remove entry button?
Yep, that was my method - the green button.
prl wrote:
I've so far only been able to reproduce this problem when I:

Delete from Favourites (and not other user-created bouquets);
Delete the current live TV channel using the GREEN Remove entry button rather than MENU>Remove entry (this may explain why the error doesn't happen in other user-created bouquets, because they don't have the GREEN button set to Remove entry;
When I delete from Favourites using the GREEN Remove entry button I get thrown out of the channel list back to live TV; and
Sometimes the current bouquet has been changed from Favourites to Terrestrial TV LCN
Sometimes it then just works normally; sometimes the remote is locked out for a short time, but sometimes permanently
When it's locked out permanently, there appear to be two ActionMaps enabled for the ChannelSelectBaseActions context, I see

Code: Select all

{6673}< 12886.286> [ActionMap] skipping showFavourites (ChannelSelectBaseActions
)
{6673}< 12886.286> [ActionMap] calling showFavourites (ChannelSelectBaseActions)

The issue looks like some sort of race condition (based only on the fact that its effects vary so much);
The problem seems to be connected to the recent changes that implement the GREEN button's Remove entry in some bouquets (especially in the Favourites bouquet).

There are also some other issues with the GREEN Add to favourite/Remove entry button actions. See Issues with Channel selection GREEN Add to favourite/Remove entry.
Thanks for your thorough testing. I am glad you have been able to reproduce this bug. It's always good to know you're not the only one. ;)

I also do not like when you add a favourite there is no indication whether the channel was added or not.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:54

Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:33
I also do not like when you add a favourite there is no indication whether the channel was added or not.
prl wrote:
There are also some other issues with the GREEN Add to favourites/Remove entry button actions. See Issues with Channel selection GREEN Add to favourite/Remove entry.

First item:
prl wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:16
  • There is no visible user feedback about what was done on the GREEN Add to favourites action. The user can't tell whether the button press was acted on except by looking at the contents of the Favourites bouquet.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:58

Spot wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:33
I am glad you have been able to reproduce this bug.

So am I.

Being able to reproduce a bug is very often a key to finding and fixing it, and it's also helpful as a test to make sure it's fixed properly.

I suspected that the issue was deletion of the current live TV channel, but it took a bit of fiddling about to nail down just what the sequence to replicate the problem was. It turned out to be a different cause from what I thought, though.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Jul 09, 2019 17:15

prl wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 16:58
I suspected that the issue was deletion of the current live TV channel, but it took a bit of fiddling about to nail down just what the sequence to replicate the problem was. It turned out to be a different cause from what I thought, though.
I noticed one minor problem when I was cleaning up my bouquets the other day too, but I haven't tried replicating the issue yet.

I had a custom bouquet that I was using for testing, and it was currently set as the default bouquet and I was tuned to a service within it.

I deleted that custom bouquet from within the "Channel List/Bouquet List" interface and it deleted fine. But when I opened up my "Favourites" bouquet, I noticed that the bouquet name that appears in the top right hand side of the screen that should have said "Favourites", was concatenated with the deleted bouquets name. Switching to "Last Scanned" then concatenated THAT bouquet's name to the end of the displayed bouquet name etc....

Exiting the Channel List and re-entering it cleaned up the weirdness, so no lasting damage done.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jul 09, 2019 17:39

MrQuade wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 17:15
I noticed that the bouquet name that appears in the top right hand side of the screen that should have said "Favourites", was concatenated with the deleted bouquets name. Switching to "Last Scanned" then concatenated THAT bouquet's name to the end of the displayed bouquet name etc....

Have a look at ChannelSelectionBase.buildTitleString() and you will probably be surprised that it works at all ;)

Screens.ChannelSelection is probably one of my least favourite modules, but I think I dislike Components.ServiceList even more.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 17:31

I think I've fixed the GREEN remove problem, but needs more testing, which might have to wait till tomorrow (if prl would like to test first, it's just a simple matter of adding return after removing the service in addToFav).

prl wrote:
[...] [T]here appear to be two ActionMaps enabled for the ChannelSelectBaseActions context [...]
The skipped one comes from ChannelSelection, the call is from ChannelSelectionBase.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jul 10, 2019 18:06

adoxa wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 17:31
I think I've fixed the GREEN remove problem, but needs more testing, which might have to wait till tomorrow (if prl would like to test first, it's just a simple matter of adding return after removing the service in addToFav).

I'd found that bug, but I wasn't sure that that was all that was needed. That bug was partly disguised by a bug in ChannelSelectionEdit.getMutableList().

Added: also, I'm not sure how code that only runs when the "add to favourites" action is performed can affect the "remove entry" action, if an add is never done.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35

prl wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 18:06
adoxa wrote:

I'd found that bug, but I wasn't sure that that was all that was needed. That bug was partly disguised by a bug in ChannelSelectionEdit.getMutableList().
Fixed it properly, now - the zap was hiding the dialog, so now it uses preview_zap=True.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jul 11, 2019 18:22

adoxa wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:35
prl wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 18:06
adoxa wrote:

Fixed it properly, now - the zap was hiding the dialog, so now it uses preview_zap=True.

Great! I was sure there must have been something more, because the when remove was done and it fell through to the "add" code, the test on the return value of mutableList.addService(service) in addServiceToBouquet.addServiceToBouquet() always failed. I'd expected it not to, but the behaviour also indicated that one of the tests in addServiceToBouquet.addServiceToBouquet() must have failed.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Digital TV”