Set timer 3 weeks ahead without EGP?

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Confused
Master

Set timer 3 weeks ahead without EGP?

Post by Confused » Tue Mar 26, 2019 14:32

There is a new series of a program which we have been watching which starts is about 3 weeks time when we will be away & can't set the show using the EPG.

How does one get these shows recorded on a T2?
Thanks In advance
T2,Topfield 7160,Harmony 650 Remote,TCL TV Model 70P10US,Chromecast

prl
Wizard God

Re: Set timer 3 weeks ahead without EGP?

Post by prl » Tue Mar 26, 2019 14:43

If there is a program already in the EPG that runs at the right time and channel for the new program, from live TV, EPG, navigate to the correct channel & time slot, GREEN Add timer, and edit the date, the timer name & description.

To do it from scratch, e.g. if there's no time slot to copy in the EPG live TV, TIMER, GREEN Add, enter the details for the timer you want (they will be pre-filled with the current live TV program, so if you switch to the channel you want to record from before opening the timers list than that will be set correctly in the timer (but you can change the channel in the timer setup/edit screen anyway.

I'd have thought that at least the second method would have been fairly obvious.

You can probably do the same things using Open Webif if that's more convenient.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 26, 2019 14:44

Confused wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 14:32
There is a new series of a program which we have been watching which starts is about 3 weeks time when we will be away & can't set the show using the EPG.

How does one get these shows recorded on a T2?
You will need to set up an Autotimer manually.

The Autotimer will regularly check the EPG and search for keywords that you supply in the program name or program description. It can also be limited to only search on certain days or times of day, or reject any entries that have the word "repeat" for example.

You can open the "Autotimer" screen from the main menu.

In there, you need to create a new Autotimer, give it a name, and then you should set it up to look for a show title, and allow it to look for a "case insensitive partial match" since you can't be sure what the show will actually be called when it appears the EPG.

Say for example, the show you were interested was called "Beverley Hills 90210: The Next Generation", you could conceivably just set the autotimer to search for "90210" and it will find the show you are after. You may get some false hits if they are showing old episodes of "Beverly Hills 90210" though.

You would need to make sure your T2 was either left on, or left in standby so that the Autotimer has a chance to run and perform its searches on the EPG so that it can find the show and set the requisite timers.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Confused
Master

Post by Confused » Tue Mar 26, 2019 15:00

Thanks for reply's.

What the stations often do is also sometime slip in a double episode. Would I just double shows expected length & end up with lots of unwanted second program?

I also note that even though I have ticked box to be notified of reply I never get an email.
Thanks In advance
T2,Topfield 7160,Harmony 650 Remote,TCL TV Model 70P10US,Chromecast

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Mar 26, 2019 15:14

Confused wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 15:00
What the stations often do is also sometime slip in a double episode.

An appropriately set up AutoTimer should be able to cope with that. Of course, it can be a bit difficult ahead of time to know just what that AutoTimer setup would be.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Mar 26, 2019 15:22

Confused wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 15:00
I also note that even though I have ticked box to be notified of reply I never get an email.
You may also need to enable email notifications in your forum user account settings, and ensure that your email address is correctly configured.

If that's all done, make sure your spam filter isn't automatically deleting the emails. That can either be a setting at your mail provider (ISP?), or in your own main program.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “Digital TV”