Wiz roadmap

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Lex200
Master

Wiz roadmap

Post by Lex200 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 13:13

Camera makers will often produce a lens roadmap indicating plans for future releases to wet their customers appetites and generally keep everyone happy.
I've been a long-time Wiz user but haven' visited the forums recently. I bought a DP-1 and it was soon superseded. I replaced it with a T3 which was rapidly outdated with the arrival of the T2 and T4. I'm now thinking of purchasing a U4 but wary that as soon as I do Bewonywiz will bring out a V8 model.
Can anyone share information about planned future Wiz models and approximate timelines?
Thanks

prl
Wizard God

Re: Wiz roadmap

Post by prl » Tue Jul 31, 2018 13:35

Lex200 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 13:13
Can anyone share information about planned future Wiz models and approximate timelines?

Only Jai (Wiz HQ) can release any information about future plans. Once a model is firmly established and close to ready to go, Jai has sometimes allowed pre-release testers to discuss details on the forum. That happened with the U4.

Some possible future developments have been discussed on the forum, including the U4 main chip's ability to interface to Full Band Capture tuners. There's no information about whether that feature of the U4 main chip will be utilised, or if it is, when.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Digital TV”