New STB needed

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

JasonBB
Master

New STB needed

Post by JasonBB » Thu Aug 17, 2017 08:14

Hi guys, my BeyonWiz T3 died last night so I was just going to get the T4, I did a quick search this morning for the best STB and everyone was saying fetch tv is the best and very little mention of the BeyonWiz at all. I have a Optus fetch tv which I got with my internet package a few years ago but never used it.
My question is is the T4 worth the $700 odd or is the fetch tv actually a very good STB?
Samsung QA75Q75RAWXXY, Beyonwiz U4, Denon AVR-X4300 Amp, xBox One, Control4 automation.
LA32R81BDX & Beyonwiz S1 in the bedroom.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: New STB needed

Post by MrQuade » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:42

JasonBB wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 08:14
My question is is the T4 worth the $700 odd or is the fetch tv actually a very good STB?
I think you need to use the Fetch and discover that for yourself. Everyone will have a different opinion, and yours is the most important one to you.

You already know the T3 and what it can do for you, so you need to find out what features are important to you, and decide the value of them. The T4 is just a souped up T3, so unless you think the HDMI-IN recording capability is a significant factor, the T3 is a good basis of comparison with the Fetch.

I have never used a Fetch box, but from my basic understanding, it's ability to access catchup TV services and subscription TV and movies is the big selling point over the Beyonwiz models. As far as being able to record Live TV, copy recordings, and stream to other devices, I think the Beyonwiz would have the edge.

You could also get the T3 fixed up if you wanted to as well. If you are suffering from the most frequent type of T3 failure, then the going rate for repairs is less than $100 including shipping. That's a lot cheaper than a new T4.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Gully

Re: New STB needed

Post by Gully » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11

Your other option is the T2 depending on your requirements.
Cheers
Gully

Return to “Digital TV”