7 Mate HD (Melb) returns from the dead?

Discussions on Digital TV, Signal Areas, Scheduling and Programs.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

dRdoS7
Wizard

7 Mate HD (Melb) returns from the dead?

Post by dRdoS7 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 18:35

HI,

I haven't read this anywhere, but my wife noticed today that 7HD & 7Mate were showing the same programs. I had a look, and it appears 7 have followed SBS in having a 2nd HD channel (probably), now just need to find where 7HD is!

dRdoS7

blip
Master

Re: 7 Mate HD (Melb) returns from the dead?

Post by blip » Mon Apr 24, 2017 18:39

There is only one HD service. This change is for 24 hours to allow some football game to be in HD without it being on the primary channel.

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 19:06

Hi,
blip wrote:There is only one HD service. This change is for 24 hours to allow some football game to be in HD without it being on the primary channel.
Ah, OK. That would be why there is no new 7 HD.

Maybe later then! They are nothing if not sheep.

I liked the 7Mate HD, 9GEM HD, & ONE HD channels. I recorded a lot of shows (most of which I still haven't watched!) :roll:

Probably 'cause they were recorded with my old Toppy, and it's not connected to anything anymore. Especially not it's HDD, :cry: but luckily the recordings were all on a NAS. :lol:

dRdoS7

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Apr 24, 2017 19:15

7mate in HD in Melbourne & Adelaide just for the Richmond vs. Melbourne match -
"The AFL has agreed to Monday night’s Richmond-Melbourne ANZAC Day eve clash screening on 7mate in Melbourne & Adelaide, so that My Kitchen Rules can screen on Seven’s primary channel.
Seven’s six-year broadcasting agreement with the AFL requires matches to be played in HD, but Seven has agreed to switch on its HD signal for 7Mate in order to show the game."

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/04/afl ... clash.html

scotty
Master

Post by scotty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 00:39

What a mess it's made of recordings for the night. Ice had no idea. I don't even send the 7 SD epg to the Wiz.

Flip-flopping the content of their HD service is rediculous. They really can't get over the concept of their "primary" and "secondary" services.

Once again, 7 leads the charge to try and kill FTA TV. Absolutely no respect to their viewer.

Maybe I'm just still upset about waiting 3 hours for a delayed broadcast of the football on the weekend by 7 in Adelaide.

And don't get me started on 7's pathetic "HD" quality and 2.0 sound.

/rant
Apologies

Scotty
T3 - 2TB WD Purple, Logitech Harmony Smart Control
T2 - 60GB Patriot Blaze SSD, Logitech Harmony One
IceTV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Apr 25, 2017 01:07

scotty wrote:What a mess it's made of recordings for the night. Ice had no idea.
IceTV certainly did know of the change, as both "Tiphanee" and "Dave at IceTV" from IceTV posted on IceTV's own forum in the thread that discussed the change - http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/icet ... 8#msg30038

scotty
Master

Post by scotty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 08:55

Grumpy_Geoff wrote: IceTV certainly did know of the change, as both "Tiphanee" and "Dave at IceTV" from IceTV posted on IceTV's own forum in the thread that discussed the change...
Hmm. But didn't fix Adelaide even though the article they linked to mentioned both. :roll:
T3 - 2TB WD Purple, Logitech Harmony Smart Control
T2 - 60GB Patriot Blaze SSD, Logitech Harmony One
IceTV

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:36

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:7mate in HD in Melbourne & Adelaide just for the Richmond vs. Melbourne match -
"The AFL has agreed to Monday night’s Richmond-Melbourne ANZAC Day eve clash screening on 7mate in Melbourne & Adelaide, so that My Kitchen Rules can screen on Seven’s primary channel.
Seven’s six-year broadcasting agreement with the AFL requires matches to be played in HD, but Seven has agreed to switch on its HD signal for 7Mate in order to show the game."

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2017/04/afl ... clash.html
Seven certainly caused a problem of epic proportions but IceTV didn't cover itself in glory in responding.

MKR did not record on either the T3 or the T4 because they are set to record HD only. One of them did record a program called MKR but which was actually the AFL, as well as separately recording the AFL, called the AFL. Why one but not both is a mystery that escapes reason.

The whole point of IceTV is supposed to be that it has the smarts to record what we want to watch, when we want to watch it. We're not supposed to ever miss a favourite event! It's a good thing the P2 did record the 7 SD channel because there would have been mayhem if we missed it.

Not happy IceTV...
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Apr 26, 2017 13:06

Paul_oz53 wrote:... MKR did not record on either the T3 or the T4 because they are set to record HD only. ... The whole point of IceTV is supposed to be that it has the smarts to record what we want to watch, when we want to watch it. ...
That sounds like a case of "do what I meant, not what I said".

I never use the "only" SD/HD options; always "prefer".
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 16:48

prl wrote:
Paul_oz53 wrote:... MKR did not record on either the T3 or the T4 because they are set to record HD only. ... The whole point of IceTV is supposed to be that it has the smarts to record what we want to watch, when we want to watch it. ...
That sounds like a case of "do what I meant, not what I said".

I never use the "only" SD/HD options; always "prefer".
I was using that setting but started getting two recordings on odd occasions, notably Doctor Who on both the ABC HD and the ABC ME channels and MKR on 7HD and 7SD. Given the convoluted mess you are sorting out with other IceTV timer issues, I haven't wanted to confuse that discussion. Haven't seen the other issue so just let it slide pending the outcome of that other work.

Certainly Seven is the prime culprit here but the first we knew of this schmozzle was after the programs had aired. Still not impressed that one unit recorded 7HD as MKR and gave us football instead. Clearly, a timer did not update as it should on that unit.

And yeah, when I said record MKR, I really meant: ... ignore my wrong choices if some other idiot does something even more stupid... :wink:
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Return to “Digital TV”