Life after ICE TV

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

NigelSenior
Master

Life after ICE TV

Post by NigelSenior » Sun Nov 08, 2015 08:06

Hi Folks,
have just decided that having already paid for the next three years that I cant really go for paying again and a more expoensive model to boot.

Hope ICEtv goe okay but doesnt work for me now :)

Was wondering though if anyone has a workable solution for using native guide etc.

My ideal scenario would be a service that could tell me when shows start oir comes back on the air. Then I can add weekly timer manually to my aging S and P devices.

Dont mind if this is net based, runs on my PC, androind tablet etc.

All views welcomed :)

Have considered going for the new devices that look very nice but I am not convinced TV will be around for anoth 10 years.

Thanks in advance for the brain cycles - generous given the limited supply we all have :)

Cheers

Nigel
Beyonwiz t2

simoncasey
Wizard

Re: Life after ICE TV

Post by simoncasey » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:27

See what you can get with the icetv free service. It may well cover what you want.
Beyonwiz T4

NigelSenior
Master

Post by NigelSenior » Sun Nov 08, 2015 19:23

simoncasey wrote:See what you can get with the icetv free service. It may well cover what you want.
Thanks that's a very good answer that I had not consisted. :)
Beyonwiz t2

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:38

Comparing Free Vs Paid Subscription (IceTV Web store, page down a bit).
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:47

prl wrote:Comparing Free Vs Paid Subscription (IceTV Web store, page down a bit).
Interestingly, it's not clear from that list whether accessing the epg on your pvr is part of the paid or free service, it only shows that being able to do series and keyword recordings is limited to a paid service.

And the "quality-assured" curated program guide has been a bit lacking recently.

PS Welcome back :)
Beyonwiz T4

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:37

simoncasey wrote:
prl wrote:Comparing Free Vs Paid Subscription (IceTV Web store, page down a bit).
Interestingly, it's not clear from that list whether accessing the epg on your pvr is part of the paid or free service, it only shows that being able to do series and keyword recordings is limited to a paid service.
I though that having the EPG on a PVR required a subscription, but I may be wrong.
simoncasey wrote:And the "quality-assured" curated program guide has been a bit lacking recently.
Unfortunately it seems that Madeleine has left IceTV, and with her departure, a lot of corporate knowledge. Things seem to be getting better, but there are still more problems with the EPG quality than in IceTV v1.
simoncasey wrote:PS Welcome back :)
Thanks.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

simoncasey
Wizard

Post by simoncasey » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:09

prl wrote: I though that having the EPG on a PVR required a subscription, but I may be wrong.
I've always assumed the same too, but have never tried. I do know that when my subscription expired, I couldn't access icetv. It was just an odd thing not to include in the comparison.
Beyonwiz T4

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Nov 25, 2015 20:58

simoncasey wrote:I've always assumed the same too, but have never tried. I do know that when my subscription expired, I couldn't access icetv. It was just an odd thing not to include in the comparison.
I haven't tried via my T3 but the website and Android app accounts still works for me and show the timers generated. A useful source of information still.

I know that's not the main focus of discussion but worth making explicit.
Cheers
Gully

Return to “Ice TV”