Issues with the way IceTV works in the BW

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Foxtail
Master

Post by Foxtail » Mon Oct 08, 2007 17:24

IanSav wrote:Hi,
It is a bit of a worry that one person being ill can have such a negative effect on the EPG. God forbid that person gets hit by a bus.

Regards,
Ian.[/quote]

I guess they would have others if really pushed, they usually have a fw days in hand I think. I'm just glad it wasn't the BW.

All I hope for now is if we can one day soon get justEPG ICETV pages view like the Toppy has, so easy to read and use with up to 8 hours and 6 TV stations in one window.

DrPhil
Master

Post by DrPhil » Mon Oct 08, 2007 18:59

jpp wrote: I suggest you set up a non-recording timer at around 2-3pm for about 30 min.
Hi Phil,

I have never used one of the non-recording timers.

If the box is in standby and it wakes up for one of these does it go back to standby at the end?

I know the "Old Box" did but I was not sure this one did.

Cheers

Phil :)
DP-S1
1.05.192 (18/12/07)

jpp
Guru

Post by jpp » Mon Oct 08, 2007 19:32

Yup, just go to the pop-up menu and select the RED button to add a timer. Select VIEW rather than RECORD, every day, set time and duration, and you're up up and away. Well, on the Toppy anyway :wink: . I think I had one of those aborted 5 min "recordings" instead of my programmed 20 min that the new FW has become famous for. Should all be fixed in the next FW I hope :lol: . And sorry, yes, it goes back into Standby just as if it was a timer recording.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Iscan Duo Video Processor. Yamaha YSP-3300 Digital Sound Projector , Popcorn A500, Oppo DV-980H, Sony TV, Harmony 650 Remote

DrPhil
Master

Post by DrPhil » Mon Oct 08, 2007 20:51

Thanks Phil.

I have never really paid attention to what happens when a recording coming out of standby ends. Thought I read somewhere the BW stayed on.

Must be dreaming again

Phil2

j s
Master

Post by j s » Tue Oct 09, 2007 07:36

Htnut wrote:JS

I also have 2 boxes and had the same problem after upgrading the firmware. I called IceTv support and they have sorted out the problem. The issue is that there is only one download allowed per 24 hours but the new firmware has support for more than one box. Your ICE account and your boxes need to be set up accordingly.
I've had that set up since my first day with the BWs (one called S1 and one called P1 - creativity is not my strongpoint). So the issue might not be related to having two BWs - just restarting them more than once in an hour - but the issue still exists.

Foxtail
Master

Post by Foxtail » Tue Oct 09, 2007 15:42

This arvo about 1.30pm downloaded the ICETV now it sends all channels up to late 15th, I'm a happy chappie.

Return to “Ice TV”