Don't like the guide

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Foxtail
Master

Don't like the guide

Post by Foxtail » Thu Sep 27, 2007 08:11

There is just one thing I really don't like about ICETV, its the on screen guide and why they have two versions available I don't know. The one for the Topfield is excellent., its easy to read and one can see a raft of programs and many hours in one view and all channels!

The first BW ICETV panel that appears is hard to read and little is showing, the boxes are too large and its just wasting space. The second one is easy to read but shows only one channel.

I'd like to see one similar to the Toppy one with colourful panels at the top for the stations.

jpp
Guru

Re: Don't like the guide

Post by jpp » Thu Sep 27, 2007 08:54

Foxtail wrote:There is just one thing I really don't like about ICETV, its the on screen guide and why they have two versions available I don't know. The one for the Topfield is excellent., its easy to read and one can see a raft of programs and many hours in one view and all channels!

The first BW ICETV panel that appears is hard to read and little is showing, the boxes are too large and its just wasting space. The second one is easy to read but shows only one channel.

I'd like to see one similar to the Toppy one with colourful panels at the top for the stations.
It has nothing to do with ICETV. The Wiz does its own formatting. There's an entire thread devoted to better EPG layouts. Have a look at it - just click on the EPG link in my signature.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Iscan Duo Video Processor. Yamaha YSP-3300 Digital Sound Projector , Popcorn A500, Oppo DV-980H, Sony TV, Harmony 650 Remote

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sun Sep 30, 2007 09:55

Hi Foxtail,

When you read the other topics, and/or search these forums for EPG posts, you will also note that Beyonwiz have already stated their intention to revise the EPG displays.

Regards,
Ian.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Oct 08, 2007 09:26

My guess is that the 'timeline' layout used by so many STB and PVR's was designed by someone or a group with an engineering rather that an operational or user background. I've seen this type of visual-eye-conflict in many years of professional life. I won't reminisce other than to say read some of Marshall McLuhan's observations :D
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

DrPhil
Master

Post by DrPhil » Mon Oct 08, 2007 19:14

Leave us unguneers alone, if it were not for us, you would not have so much choice through accidental design :D

Return to “Ice TV”