IceTV selection don't appear anywhere on the Wiz

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Recusant
Master

IceTV selection don't appear anywhere on the Wiz

Post by Recusant » Fri Aug 31, 2012 21:13

I just signed up for IceTV having missed a show i'd been waiting for (so sick of that).

The problem is, i have no idea what should be happening.

I've set up some shows to record, but they don't show up on either the timer list or in the EPG.

I don't know where/how to check if the setup is working properly.

There's virtually no info in the Wiz manual, or on the IceTV site.

Everything is set up and seems ok in the Ice Guide menu in setup, but there is "Try to get scheduler tasks" repeated in the box below "select device".

I've tried to clear the epg and timing cache and re-"check" and it all seems fine, but nothing shows anywhere that tells me it will actually record anything.

A short time ago, i tried 'Resend all recordings' on the IceTV site and then trying "check" again in the Wiz. This time, it's been sitting on there for several minutes "checking id and password" where before it did this step very quickly (a couple of seconds before moving on to other bits). Just now, some 5+ mins later it appears to have timed out and flicked it to "Disable". I enabled and now after doing some business it says "Send scheduler state: OK".... NOW i can see that it shows red and is in the timer list.

If i update my IceTV choices - do i have to 'Resend all recordings' and go through all of that again? Perhaps was it just being glitchy.

This post started as a "WTF? :S" But i ended up with the desired result. I decided to leave it here in case it helps someone else.
DP-P2 & T4

Gully

Post by Gully » Fri Aug 31, 2012 21:39

Glad you got there in the end.

The only times you should need to use resend all will be when daylight sayings start and ends or you reset the Wiz and similar.

You shouldn't use it when you make changes on the IceTV website as those changes will automatically be made. (If everything is working correctly)
Cheers
Gully

Recusant
Master

Post by Recusant » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:54

Thanks, as an aside, i may have had the problem in the first place because i didn't clear my timers first.

The instructions on IceTV said that my timers would be cleared (they weren't) when i set it up.

I presume i can still manually put in timers in the Wiz should i want to?
DP-P2 & T4

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Sep 02, 2012 17:03

Recusant wrote:...
I presume i can still manually put in timers in the Wiz should i want to?
Yes, and though you'll see them in IceTV, IceTV won't try to change them..
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Recusant
Master

Post by Recusant » Sun Sep 02, 2012 18:12

Great :)

DP-P2 & T4

Recusant
Master

Post by Recusant » Mon Sep 10, 2012 13:08

Hi guys,

All my timers have gone again. I don't know why. Missed an episode of Grand Designs.. grrr... My recordings are there in Ice, but not the Wiz.

What can i do? :(

EDIT: Ignore.

Some idiot (me) changed the password and forgot to update the Wiz. :oops:
DP-P2 & T4

Return to “Ice TV”