End of $49 discount subscriptions?

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Post Reply
prl
Wizard God
Posts: 30489
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 13:49
Location: Canberra; Black Mountain Tower transmitters

End of $49 discount subscriptions?

Post by prl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40

I got an email from IceTV today on a discount 12 month subscription - $70, rather than the more generous $49 that has been offered in the past. Is this the end of $49 discount subscriptions?
Last edited by prl on Wed Feb 29, 2012 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

User avatar
Gully
Moderator
Posts: 7483
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 22:08
Location: Melbourne

Post by Gully » Wed Feb 29, 2012 15:22

I hope not!! :x :shock:
Cheers
Gully
_____________
Beyonwiz U4
Logitech Harmony Elite
Google Pixel 2 XL

raymondjpg
Guru
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 09:18

Re: End of $49 discount subscriptions?

Post by raymondjpg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 16:45

prl wrote:I got an email from IceTV today on a discount 12 month subscription - $70, rather than the more generous $49 that has been offered in the past. Is this the end of $49 discount subscriptions?
I thought they were offering lifetime subscriptions for $99?? That's a tad over $49 for each of two years.

Being a cautious type and beset by advancing years I thought I might wait a little longer to see if Ice is likely to outlive me!
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt (shelved), Beyonwiz DP-P2 (retired), Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 (shelved), Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick 01240, Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2)

prl
Wizard God
Posts: 30489
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 13:49
Location: Canberra; Black Mountain Tower transmitters

Post by prl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 16:52

Lifetime subscriptions are only available when you buy a Humax through IceTV (and not for other makers), only work on Humax PVRs, and "lifetime" means "the working lifetime of the device or 5 years whichever is the lesser." Good deal if you can get one, though.

Here, "lifetime" doesn't mean your lifetime :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

raymondjpg
Guru
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 09:18

Post by raymondjpg » Wed Feb 29, 2012 18:40

prl wrote:Lifetime subscriptions are only available when you buy a Humax through IceTV (and not for other makers), only work on Humax PVRs, and "lifetime" means "the working lifetime of the device or 5 years whichever is the lesser." Good deal if you can get one, though.

Here, "lifetime" doesn't mean your lifetime :)
Thanks but the Topfield and Beyonwiz will provide sufficient headaches for my lifetime.

If you really can't wait another four years you might be tempted by their $70 offer. Full marks for hutzpa.
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt (shelved), Beyonwiz DP-P2 (retired), Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 (shelved), Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick 01240, Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2)

prl
Wizard God
Posts: 30489
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 13:49
Location: Canberra; Black Mountain Tower transmitters

Post by prl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 22:06

I've got 2+ years paid up at $49/year to wait for a good renewal deal. I'm not sure what you mean about chutzpah, though.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

raymondjpg
Guru
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 09:18

Post by raymondjpg » Thu Mar 01, 2012 05:22

prl wrote:I've got 2+ years paid up at $49/year to wait for a good renewal deal. I'm not sure what you mean about chutzpah, though.
The remark is directed towards Ice's offer, not you (lest I be misinterpreted).

I only have 1+ years paid up, but they usually get more generous around Fathers Day and Christmas.
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt (shelved), Beyonwiz DP-P2 (retired), Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 (shelved), Hauppauge WinTV-MiniStick 01240, Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2)

prl
Wizard God
Posts: 30489
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 13:49
Location: Canberra; Black Mountain Tower transmitters

Post by prl » Thu Mar 01, 2012 09:51

raymondjpg wrote:
prl wrote:... I'm not sure what you mean about chutzpah, though.
The remark is directed towards Ice's offer, not you (lest I be misinterpreted).
....
Ah. I couldn't work out who it was directed at :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Post Reply

Return to “Ice TV”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest