Resend recordings to DPP2 Ice TV

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

bomber
Apprentice

Resend recordings to DPP2 Ice TV

Post by bomber » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:02

Just went to do a resend to my DPP2 and noticed following on Ice TV recorder page:

Topfield PVRs will require a factory reset before resending any recordings.
BeyonWiz PVRs will require all timers to be cleared before resending any recordings.

Is this new and why would we have to clear timer list ?

raymondjpg
Guru

Re: Resend recordings to DPP2 Ice TV

Post by raymondjpg » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:20

bomber wrote:Just went to do a resend to my DPP2 and noticed following on Ice TV recorder page:

BeyonWiz PVRs will require all timers to be cleared before resending any recordings.

It looks new to me. In the past clearing timers on a DP-P2 and resending timers from IceTV has not worked. I was told that clearing timers says to the Ice servers that I no longer want those timers. The way to re-establish timers (after they were cleared from the BW) was to delete them from the Ice server then re-set them on the server.

I haven't tried this new procedure yet.

The requirement to do a factory reset before resending any recordings to a Topfield PVR looks like a PITA, but may be necessary if IceTV has established some new, and hopefully more reliable, procedures at their end.

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 15:36

raymondjpg wrote:
bomber wrote:Just went to do a resend to my DPP2 and noticed following on Ice TV recorder page:

It looks new to me. In the past clearing timers on a DP-P2 and resending timers from IceTV has not worked. I was told that clearing timers says to the Ice servers that I no longer want those timers. The way to re-establish timers (after they were cleared from the BW) was to delete them from the Ice server then re-set them on the server.

I haven't tried this new procedure yet.

The requirement to do a factory reset before resending any recordings to a Topfield PVR looks like a PITA, but may be necessary if IceTV has established some new, and hopefully more reliable, procedures at their end.
My experience so far has been that a delete of all timers via the system setup menu, followed by a resend will work. You still have to wait till the 1/2 hour wait time is up.

I have a feeling that in conversation with an ICE engineer, that a flag was set in the BW to say the list was empty, when you cleared all timers via the system menu.
I'm not sure what happens if you delete each one individually till you exhaust the list.
Most conversations that I have had with BW folk, leads me to think that their knowledge is experience based, and inspired guesswork not from any documentation.

What a pity there isn't a flow chart of the sequences so we can understand a little better.

I know a little knowledge can be dangerous, but no knowledge becomes a brick wall.
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Wed Aug 03, 2011 15:55

grampus wrote:I'm not sure what happens if you delete each one individually till you exhaust the list.

Most conversations that I have had with BW folk, leads me to think that their knowledge is experience based, and inspired guesswork not from any documentation.

What a pity there isn't a flow chart of the sequences so we can understand a little better.

I know a little knowledge can be dangerous, but no knowledge becomes a brick wall.
Deleting the timers one by one hasn't changed the situation for me in the past. It may work now.

From what I have seen, Topfield owners have more problems with timers that BW owners, and they are now being advised to do a factory reset before resending! Unless and until it proves unworkable, I will continue with a practice (for both BW and Topfield PVRs) of clearing the timers first in the PVRs, then deleting and re-enabling the timers on the Ice servers and letting the PVRs pick them up in the normal course of fetching.

I don't know if it is just the BW folk who are flying by the seats of their pants.

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Wed Aug 03, 2011 22:28

The warning is because people would click on "resend all recordings" and then wonder why all their recordings are listed with the error icon. Basically you cannot send a timer that already exists on the PVR without getting an error listed on the IceTV website.

On the wiz, manually deleting all timers, or using Clear All Timers is all that's required.

If you are doing it because of some timer issue you should use the wiz's "Clear EPG Disk Cache" option.

Topfields do not yet have a clear EPG option... so they have to reset the whole PVR.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Wed Aug 03, 2011 22:54

Hi DaveR,

Or should I say the formally registered Dave? ;)

Your signature still has the now invalid (R) symbol. :)

Regards,
Ian.

rdurie
Apprentice

Clear all timers

Post by rdurie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 08:01

Dave, I am not sure what you mean by this as I cannot find where I can delete all timers except by deleting them one by one. thanks, Rob

prl
Wizard God

Re: Clear all timers

Post by prl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 08:32

rdurie wrote:Dave, I am not sure what you mean by this as I cannot find where I can delete all timers except by deleting them one by one. thanks, Rob
I think Dave may have been thinking of something else. I don't think there is a "delete all timers" function. You have to delete them one at a time.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Wed Sep 28, 2011 21:45

prl wrote:
rdurie wrote:Dave, I am not sure what you mean by this as I cannot find where I can delete all timers except by deleting them one by one. thanks, Rob
I think Dave may have been thinking of something else. I don't think there is a "delete all timers" function. You have to delete them one at a time.
Setup>system>initialise>clear timers?
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Sep 29, 2011 15:19

grampus wrote:
prl wrote:
Setup>system>initialise>clear timers?
Yep, that'd be the one :oops: That's what I get for looking at the manual instead of powering up the Beyonwiz.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Ice TV”