No recordings since 18th!!! Bad ICELINK Data?

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

meppy
Apprentice

No recordings since 18th!!! Bad ICELINK Data?

Post by meppy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 21:18

I have just realised that no recordings happened since the 18th of June. No idea why, although it looks like the BW is failing to logon ot ICE-TV and get the guide information. My wife will have my head on a chopping block when she gets back from Sydney! Now I have to be all shady and dodgy to get the show :(

I just checked my other BW and it is the same, it says BAD ICELINK DATA or similar when it tries to download the epg data.

You know what would be really nice, if Ice-TV sent you an email when your devices have trouble downloading guide data. Then I could fix it before it was too late.

Guess I will need to contact Ice-TV?

meppy
Apprentice

Post by meppy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 21:22

OK so it looks like it is a firmware issue? Been working fine for donkeys now its a firmware issue... on both at the same time? Odd.

Anyway what is the best firmware to install that will give me the least issues? The latest or the one before maybe?

I might go back to Topfield soon as I no longer use the BW for watching media and just need PVRs in the rack with the media server.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Jun 23, 2011 21:30

Hi Meppy,

What firmware version are you running? At the time of this post the best firmware to use is 01.0x.350.

This is unlikely to be a firmware issue as there are too many people using IceTV on their Beyonwiz who aren't having these sorts of issues. Could there be a network or ISP problem?

Regards,
Ian.

meppy
Apprentice

Post by meppy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 21:42

I got the firmware idea from the ICE-TV FAQ that mentioned this error. FW is 301.

No networking issues, the check on the H1 came back with logon ok but then the error. But now it's not getting anywhere because ICE-TV block you if you try too often. The P1 just hangs on the checking so I am rebooting it.

meppy
Apprentice

Post by meppy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 21:55

Now the P1 says its getting the guide ok but it's not... also the list of recordings shows some that did not happen... it's all messed up. The H1 is also apparently working checks ok with icetv but the guide has blank spots.

Beats the hell out of me.

Gully

Post by Gully » Thu Jun 23, 2011 22:05

Have you tried disabling IceTV on all your machines and then clearing the cache?

After that re-enable one and try it before doing the other.

And it will be worthwhile updating the firmware at some point (though that's not a factor I can see in this problem.)
Cheers
Gully

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Thu Jun 23, 2011 22:06

meppy wrote:Beats the hell out of me.
What if IceTV has changed something? Who knows.

They could be working on an assumption that BW owners have installed the latest firmware.

meppy
Apprentice

Post by meppy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 22:52

Man ICE-TV suck when it comes to troubleshooting. I reset my epg and ICE cache and now it is telling me I have to wait nearly 1 hour to download because I am making too many requests. Time to send them a shitty email. I really hate all this time wasting when PVRs have problems.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 24, 2011 09:01

meppy wrote:... now it is telling me I have to wait nearly 1 hour to download because I am making too many requests. ...
It's always worked in that way, though at the beginning the time between downloads for the EPG was 30 min, not 60 min.

Any debugging of IceTV problems takes time, mostly waiting. It can take several days for a problem to work its way through.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:21

prl wrote:It's always worked in that way, though at the beginning the time between downloads for the EPG was 30 min, not 60 min.

Any debugging of IceTV problems takes time, mostly waiting. It can take several days for a problem to work its way through.
I had a problem setting up IceTV on my first Wiz (quite a few years ago) and phoned them. I'm pretty sure they were able to 'reset something' and do away with the waiting while I was problem solving. Both times (the other being the initial setup of my IceBox2 - even longer ago!) I had problems I found IceTV very helpful once I phoned (and spoke nicely to) them :idea:
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jun 24, 2011 13:40

Paul55 wrote:
prl wrote:It's always worked in that way, though at the beginning the time between downloads for the EPG was 30 min, not 60 min.

I had a problem setting up IceTV on my first Wiz (quite a few years ago) and phoned them. I'm pretty sure they were able to 'reset something' and do away with the waiting while I was problem solving. Both times (the other being the initial setup of my IceBox2 - even longer ago!) I had problems I found IceTV very helpful once I phoned (and spoke nicely to) them :idea:
Yes, but they have to stay on the line or you have to call again if you need more than one reset of the fetch time.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “Ice TV”