New IceTV forum

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

prl
Wizard God

New IceTV forum

Post by prl » Fri May 27, 2011 10:05

The IceTV forum has been moved to http://support.icetv.com.au/forums/

It has also been moved into the Zendesk Support Ticket System. This system appears to me to have reduced the usability of the forum enormously. I'm not the only one complaining, though I've probably posted more on the topic than anyone else. I think the response from IceTV has been disappointing so far.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Fri May 27, 2011 10:22

Yuk!
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

download
Guru

Post by download » Fri May 27, 2011 10:34

It is a requirement that all equipment including instruction manuals and all accessories originally sent, are returned with the faulty product.
I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be saying that.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri May 27, 2011 11:42

download wrote:
It is a requirement that all equipment including instruction manuals and all accessories originally sent, are returned with the faulty product.
I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be saying that.

Regards

Peter Gillespie
Why not? It's part of their DOA guarantee.

However, according to the ACCC, if you're making the claim as part of the statutory consumer guarantee, then:
If you are returning goods because of a problem, a business cannot refuse to give a refund, or reduce the amount, because you did not return the items in the original packaging or wrapping.
IceTV's DOA return policy is also limited to 30 days, while there is no specific time limit to the statutory consumer guarantee. The DOA policy does have some advantages that aren't in the statutory consumer guarantee, such as IceTV's commitment to arrange courier transport for the device, and suspend your IceTV account while the device is being replaced (the statutory guarantee only provides for a cancellation and refund of the unused part of any services associated with goods).
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Sat May 28, 2011 11:39

I have added my comment to IceTv's forum - I think.... I don't know exactly where I added it, I can't be sure I would find it again, I don't think they will either care or listen (very disappointing approach compared to when they first started up). Considering the support given to them by a core base of people when they were fighting Nein, I now feel very dismal.

I'm really wondering whether I will just forgo the ability to set timers over the internet and just revert to the FTA guide...... with their new forum and the information posted above, I honestly believe the attitude they are now demonstrating could be a market killer for them in the longer term.

EDIT - just edited my post - can do that easily here.............................................. :evil:
Cheers,
Brian

1) 2 x T4, Samsung UA46C7000/Yamaha RX-V6A
2) Spare DP-P2s/ Samsung UA46C6900/Sony STR-DE497/RX-V540
Harmony 650 + all the spare remotes.....

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Sat May 28, 2011 11:56

brianh wrote:I have added my comment to IceTv's forum - I think.... I don't know exactly where I added it, I can't be sure I would find it again
It turned up in the whingers thread, as evidenced by the spam in my email inbox.

The first thing I did was to change my profile back to the original, as like you, I was cross to see my anonymity breached. There appears to be no way to either delete the post with my fullname, or for the system to update that post with my usual username.

Be assured others can see your full name on your posts, at least I can.

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Sat May 28, 2011 13:01

Thanks for the heads-up, raymondjpg.... I've edited my profile (didn't think I would need to do that?) so I'm back to who I was..... I will have to live with the two "orphaned" full name posts but I'm annoyed that no warning or advice was given by IceTV on such impacts of the change.

Not often happy to appear as a whinger but in this case I wear the badge with pride!
Cheers,
Brian

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Sat May 28, 2011 13:08

Hi Brian,

Why don't you contact the moderators at IceTV and have them edit your posts to restore your anonymity.

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat May 28, 2011 13:25

brianh wrote:... Not often happy to appear as a whinger but in this case I wear the badge with pride!
You can't do that! I'm whinger-in-chief on the New Forum topic over at IceTV :D

I've actually tried to stop complaining there, and moved on to just posting hints about how to best deal with their inexcusably poor system.

My chief complaint is that I have to click on the Unsubscribe link on the topic each time I post to stop it from spamming me :(

I think the RSS link/feed is the best way to see what's new on the forum but it is nowhere near as useful as the "unread posts" flags you see on real BBS/forum software. The RSS feed probably will also get close to unusable any time the amount of traffic on the IceTV forum gets heavy. But it seems that IceTV have taken measures to help to stop that from happening ;)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

BigbobOz
Master

Post by BigbobOz » Sun May 29, 2011 10:10

Is that why I got a thanks for joining icetv email click the link to activate your profile?

I thought someone was using my details!

BigbobOz
Master

Post by BigbobOz » Sun May 29, 2011 10:12

That is a rubbish forum layout...

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Sun May 29, 2011 11:54

brianh wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, raymondjpg.... I've edited my profile (didn't think I would need to do that?) so I'm back to who I was..... I will have to live with the two "orphaned" full name posts but I'm annoyed that no warning or advice was given by IceTV on such impacts of the change.
In case you haven't been tempted back to the IceTV New Forum thread it looks as if your "orphaned" posts have now been updated with your new/old username.

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Sun May 29, 2011 17:58

Thanks again,

I'm glad they've amended the posts but I haven't been back because I really can't bear to work with that ultra-cludgy interface. I probably won't visit there again unless I am absolutely in desperate need of the forum or support there, or I hear they have improved things a bit. It's put me right off. :(

I hope you all have better luck working with it!
Cheers,
Brian

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Sun May 29, 2011 18:46

Being just a little cynical, maybe the server was overloaded, and this will stop any extra posts.
Although really there was not all that much activity before.
Occasionally a day would go by without any posts, or maybe only one.
So my cynicism is probably not warranted.
But I think it will stop me from using it as much as I did.
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun May 29, 2011 22:56

Hi, grampus. I thought your avatar was more appropriate on the new IceTV Forum than anywhere else I've seen it :)
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

grampus
Wizard

Post by grampus » Mon May 30, 2011 06:57

:D
Screen: Panasonic TH-60ST60A; BeyonWiz U4; T3; Panasonic BD-35 Blu_Ray player

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Sat Jun 25, 2011 00:26

I have become ULTRA annoyed at the new forum there. I now find my posts have reverted to showing my full name, as of at least 21 June.

Quite apart from the platitudinous mumbo jumbo being promulgated by the mods, who I used to think of as being very helpful, I have reached the point where I will not be introducing any more customers to their service and I am seriously considering ditching their EPG myself.

When I think of all the energy that went into supporting them during their legal stoush with Nine I can't help but wonder where they are now headed.

I am bitterly disappointed in the lack of respect being demonstrated for basic - nay, fundamental - requirements for the conduct of communications to an acceptable standard that is in keeping with the times in which we live. I refer to, unauthorised user names aside, the non-provision of reasonable means of basic punctuation and expression such as the ability to mark up, quote, efficiently link, or in fact communicate with any modicum of expression exceeding that of the bulletin boards in service circa the birth of the internet. A tad exaggerated perhaps but I'm sure you get my drift.

I feel so moved to passionate oration that I am sure I risk exhausting the patience of the readers and moderators of this forum, a risk I wish to avoid given that this forum is an exemplar and provides, in comparison, the epitome of everything that the IceTV forum seems hell bent on not being.

I shall henceforth curtail my loquaciousness lest I forget myself and lapse into unseemly and unacceptable language the like of which is neither warranted nor deserved by the good folk who peruse these pages.

Remove Rant from stove. Set annoyance to simmer until reduced then allow to cool slowly.
Cheers,
Brian

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Jun 25, 2011 09:36

In a much less loquacious way, all I can say, Brian is that I agree and that the current IceTV forum is useless and unworkable.

It hasn't driven me to consider giving up use of the EPG and timers, just the forum, as I still find IceTV invaluable.

And I can safely say you have never (or should that be so far :D ) exhausted my patience for your posts, just had me groaning at times.
Cheers
Gully

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:15

Gully wrote:In a much less loquacious way, all I can say, Brian is that I agree and that the current IceTV forum is useless and unworkable.

It hasn't driven me to consider giving up use of the EPG and timers, just the forum, as I still find IceTV invaluable.

And I can safely say you have never (or should that be so far :D ) exhausted my patience for your posts, just had me groaning at times.
Thanks for the vote of support. I was feeling the same way as you until they screwed up my username - that, and the lack of any prompt action to address that, has left me utterly flabbergasted and wondering whether I really need the extra services. I just can't get my head around their seeming lack of concern for user - *Customer* - privacy....
Cheers,
Brian

Gully

Post by Gully » Sat Jun 25, 2011 14:41

Looks like they have fixed it again but no post of explanation or apology.
Cheers
Gully

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:52

I have submitted the following request on their site:

"I recently experienced my profile name changing without my input or knowledge. This has the effect of revealing my full name on the forum, a result that I did not want and consider to be a breach of privacy. I only became aware of this by chance some days after it occurred as I happened to browse the forum. I did expect that your organisation would take issues regarding customer privacy more seriously.

Despite making a request on the forum I have had no response from IceTV on the issue. Given the comments made by IceTV reps on the function and purpose of this "new forum" I am disappointed that I have to make this as a separate request.

I wish to know
1) how the error occurred,
2) why I received no response and
3) what will be done to prevent this occurring again in the future."

I'll see where that goes........I'm not holding my breath though as I am not a big fan of turning blue and falling to the ground unconscious :evil:
Cheers,
Brian

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jul 06, 2011 17:34

The "new" IceTV forum is no more: http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/202 ... etv-forums

The "old" forums are back: http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/

The forums link on the IceTV home page (down the bottom of the page) now points to the old forums.

None of the posts on the new forums will be transferred to the old forums.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Wed Jul 06, 2011 18:46

Yay!!!!!.......... wait, there's more............!!!!!

Mind you, as well as having lost my anonymity I now appear to have become schizophrenic....

"There have also been some cases where customers have raised privacy concerns as the Zendesk forums appeared to have changed your forum names back to your full name. " - Andy Blazer, Customer Support Manager, IceTV Pty Ltd

That's what I get for having a shot at Andy I suppose, although he did respond in a way that really attracted criticism like celebrities attract paparazzi.

I can say that the responses by a Dave R on their support desk were responsible, accurate and informative while neither promising too much nor patronising me. Might be something in the name.

Even so, despite becoming schizophrenic I am beside myself with joy!! :P
Cheers,
Brian

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Jul 06, 2011 19:04

brianh wrote:Even so, despite becoming schizophrenic I am beside myself with joy!! :P
Well you couldn't do the second thing without being the first. :D
Cheers
Gully

brianh
Wizard

Post by brianh » Wed Jul 06, 2011 19:07

Gully wrote:
brianh wrote:Even so, despite becoming schizophrenic I am beside myself with joy!! :P
Well you couldn't do the second thing without being the first. :D

I agree, and so do I........
Cheers,
Brian

Return to “Ice TV”