Do not move my post to IceTv forum ' AGAIN '

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

cob58
Apprentice

Do not move my post to IceTv forum ' AGAIN '

Post by cob58 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 19:48

You might think the moderator might see that i have a prob with the new firmware which is why i placed my post in the correct forum the first time, as it regards to successful operation of my P1 !!!!!!!!! after upgrading so before you exercise you meager power over this world remember if you lose uses YOU LOSE.
I will ask nicely to make you feell better about yourself please leave my post where i posted it. Thank you

After upgrading both my P1 & H1 from 320 to 01.05.334 I?ve had nothing but problems connecting to IceTv both wouldn?t pick up the EPG or Timer list. I rescanned both after clearing wiz and Epg ( IceTv) cashes, I even did a factory default reset all no good and yes I went into IceTv to resend all recordings. After buggerising around with it for a couple of hours I decided to go back to 01.05.320 It took a little while getting the P1 working properly but the H1 still has problems getting the recording list from IceTv I get MSS Invalid task each time but it picks up the EPG I have rescanned after clearing wiz and Epg cashes, factory default reset still with the same effect EPG and no timers. I have even given it a static ip address just in case it may have been the DHCP. I have upgraded with each firmware release for both successful each time. Ps I did load the P1 and H1 firmware on the correct machines. (just encase someone asks)

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 19:58

This *is* an ICEtv issue related to the f/w. I would guess you get the same issue I reported in the past, and the solution currently is to wait it out. Manually (from your EPG) set the timers for the next couple of nights, and you will see that you will get the timers after a day or so. By doing all these resets and power off/ons, if you look in the ICE status window on the Wiz, you will see that ICE only can send info at a semi regular basis, and any powering off/on and asking for the info any quicker than the hold off timer you can see in the status window will net you no epg or timers. But if you get the issue I detailed in the past at the end of the wait time, then this seems to be an intermittent issue when it comes to ICE trying to resend the timers to the wiz when it has all the timers erased from some kind of event like rescanning- http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=2450

ICE gave me debug firmware (well, a debug wizdvp) a while ago to try to track this issue, but then I couldn't repeat it to give the problem again... so it is difficult to get the problem to repeat.
Last edited by tonymy01 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:48, edited 1 time in total.
Tony

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:01

Hi Cob58,

Please don't spray duplicated posts around the forum.

Contrary to your opinion, this post does not belong here. It is an IceTV issue and belongs in the IceTV support area of the forum.

This firmware was tested with IceTV and no issues were found. Even if there was an issue in the firmware this post still belongs in the appropriate place within this forum. Without some sort of order chaos will reign supreme.

Regards,
Ian.

warkus
Guru

Post by warkus » Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:19

Hi Cob58,

Sound to me like you have not actually selected a "device" in the ICETV menu.

Yes, you set you password, user name, and check settings works, great!

Unless you move the cursor down and actually "select" the DEVICE line, (in which a list of both your devices registered with ICETVwill show up) and then actually PICK ONE, you will get exactly the symptoms you have described. It will not pull down the timer list and the EPG will not show up.

As you have 2 devices, .334 will not automatically select one for you, you will need to do it yourself, then your appropriate timers for the appropriate device will come down.

You will still of course have to wait the standard 20 or 25 minutes from the last fetch before it will do this as Ian described.

If you have not already done this you need to. If you have then I have no idea, as I am running .334 with 3 devices registered on ICETV, and all 3 work perfectly with Ice. 2 x P1 & 1 x P2.

Mark

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:23

I am going to move this to IceTV and lock the other post as this has now taken on a life of its own.

As you can clearly see and as others have said, multiple posts are not useful and when your post is all about IceTV - new firmware or not, it makes more sense to go there.

I also don't appreciate the way you were "speaking" to me. We are here as fellow users and volunteers and should be treated better than that.
Cheers
Gully

cob58
Apprentice

Post by cob58 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:26

I wouldn't have to re post if my original post was not moved. Beyonwiz state they are compatible with IceTv and yes it is easy to blame them for all the woes that befall the Beyonwiz but shouldn't Beyonwiz make sure they are compatible with out all the rigmarole
required by owners of their products. Firmware upgrades need to tick all the boxes of what is advertised before release even Microsoft look good as code developers in comparison. So if i have a problem with a beyonwiz product Eg P1 while installing a firmware upgrade released by Beyonwiz i will place my post in the firmware forum like every one else has done so far. As in my humble opinion this would be the correct forum

cob58
Apprentice

Post by cob58 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:32

I did place all the setting back after the factory reset including the device Id

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:34

Hi Cob58,

This *entire* site is dedicated to the Beyonwiz. The site is broken up into various forums that group related issues together. This IceTV forum is just one such group.

Regards,
Ian.

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Sep 27, 2010 20:34

No one is saying this is not the correct forum or that you don't have a problem.

What we are saying is

This is the IceTV section of the Beyonwiz forum - we didn't send you to another forum just the part of ours that is focused on IceTV related posts.

So far you are the only person to have posted a problem with IceTV on the new firmwares so there is a good chance that either you have a setting incorrect on yours or as others have said, you haven't given it enough time to update.

Please take the time to check the suggestions already posted here and let us know what you have tried and what has failed and succeeded. Take the time to read what people are saying and chances are we can help you sort out the problem you are experiencing.
Cheers
Gully

cob58
Apprentice

Post by cob58 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 21:44

To clear the air thank you for restoring this thread we may beg to disagree on location but you were good enough to relocate everything.

This is what i have covered firmware update via usb drive
firmware update usb drive
channel rescan
Factory reset
clear cache
Restored all settings including device ID
checked network connection and address ability over LAN and WAN
changed from DHCP to static IP and back ( yes i know how to configure IP sub net gateway and DNS)
used the IceTv resend all recordings

I have owned my units for quite some time and have updated them without drama. This time however.
I have done the above listed items in all combinations

P1 is working fully on 320 --------------------will not work on 334
H1 is working fully on 320 --------------------will not work on 334

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 21:56

IceTV on the Beyonwiz is prone to getting itself in a knot when the state of the recordings on the Beyonwiz changes in a way that the IceTV server doesn't expect. It has been known to take several days for it to sort itself out. It's unclear whether the problem lies in the Beyonwiz or the IceTV server.

I suggest that you manually set your timers for the next couple of days, and see whether the IceTV server starts sending updates for recordings that would normally have to be sent as they roll into the 3-4 day set of timers that IceTV normally keeps on the Beyonwiz.

Sorting out IceTV problems is almost always a slow and tedious business, since the the server will only allow your Beyonwiz to update the EPG no more often than once every 30 minutes.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

warkus
Guru

Post by warkus » Mon Sep 27, 2010 22:15

Sorry to say, but as previously stated...

I am running .334, on 3 machines around the office and home. All ICETV units, and all on .334, P1 & P2 units.

No issue with ICETV at all. It resent the recordings as needed to each device and the EPG is working flawlessly.

I would be looking elsewhere for the issue, not the firmware, as others have stated, time may be what is needed to sort the issue out. You will probably find that your timers will start to re-send over the next few days.

Strange yes, but probably not firmware related unfortunately.

Mark

cob58
Apprentice

Post by cob58 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 22:19

the funny thing is I'v changed the p1 back to 1.5.320 working fine picked up all Ice info within 2 hours
On 1.5.334 will only pick up epg but not scheduled timers after 24 hours still Mss invalid task

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Sep 27, 2010 22:23

Did you check the IceTV status window in Wiz setup?
Cheers
Gully

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Sep 27, 2010 22:25

cob58 wrote:the funny thing is I'v changed the p1 back to 1.5.320 working fine picked up all Ice info within 2 hours
On 1.5.334 will only pick up epg but not scheduled timers after 24 hours still Mss invalid task
Sounds like an issue with the device ID
Cheers
Gully

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 22:32

Although the first time mentioned, the "Mss invalid task", as cryptic and poorly written as shown here, is something I am quite familiar with (although if it was quoted correctly, is actually MSG "Invalid task action"), and I get this at each DST transition, and unfortunately something not easily repeated but the Wiz and ICE can get into this state, and the only solution at this time is to just ride it out for 24-48hours and it sorts itself out.
I should get this debug wizdvp working again now as dst transition is about to hit us again and I want to capture this error for Hanjo finally so he can put an end to this error once and for all (it is bad enough waiting the 30+minutes for ICE to update on reboot/reset/whatever).
Regards[/b]
Tony

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 22:47

Gully wrote:Did you check the IceTV status window in Wiz setup?
I think that cob58's "Mss invalid task" is a slightly garbled rendition of a message in the IceTV status window, as tonymy01 suggested.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Sep 27, 2010 22:54

prl wrote:
Gully wrote:Did you check the IceTV status window in Wiz setup?
I think that cob58's "Mss invalid task" is a slightly garbled rendition of a message in the IceTV status window, as tonymy01 suggested.
Definitely. I think our posts crossed over.
Cheers
Gully

cob58
Apprentice

Post by cob58 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 23:00

Gully wrote:
cob58 wrote:the funny thing is I'v changed the p1 back to 1.5.320 working fine picked up all Ice info within 2 hours
Sounds like an issue with the device ID
The Device ID issue you speak of does not exist on 320 Maybe i have a bad register in the ROM where the firmware sits as the issue is with 334 but I'd have to be pretty unlucky to have 2 unit with the same register address fault.

The P1 is running now on 320 so network is right ice connection is working

I'll try again next weekend to upgrade to334 hopefully someone may have had something similar and have a few hints thanks to all for you idea's and suggestions i have already covered these

My favorite quote is

If I find 10,000 ways something won't work, I haven't failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward".
Thomas A. Edison,

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Mon Sep 27, 2010 23:10

Hi Cob58,

Have you considered giving 01.05.334 about 24 hours to establish sync with the IceTV servers? A number of IceTV users have now made the same suggestion.

By the way, have you checked that your units have the correct time settings and the correct time?

Regards,
Ian.

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Sep 27, 2010 23:20

cob58 wrote:
Gully wrote:Sounds like an issue with the device ID
The Device ID issue you speak of does not exist on 320
Fair enough.

It does sound like something is tangled with communications with IceTV which is not unusual for any version.

As others have suggested, give it another go, and give it a little time to settle.

If it is still not working it would be worth contacting IceTV support as they can check the log files and make sure everything is working properly at their end while you have 334 installed.
Cheers
Gully

cob58
Apprentice

Post by cob58 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 23:40

Thanks for the suggestions To answer a few questions after the factory reset the correct time was set including ice user-name password device id LAN settings
i could ping the ice server If it was a P1 Issue the fault would remain constant

Thank you for your help so far tonight i will try again but one at a time

remember this famous quote

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have
succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have
eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will
work." ?Edison. and his electric light

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Tue Sep 28, 2010 01:55

prl wrote:IceTV on the Beyonwiz is prone to getting itself in a knot when the state of the recordings on the Beyonwiz changes in a way that the IceTV server doesn't expect. It has been known to take several days for it to sort itself out. It's unclear whether the problem lies in the Beyonwiz or the IceTV server.
I can give you a definite answer on that. By design, the PVR is always considered as the definitive source of scheduling information and the IceTV server should adjust it's view based on what the PVR reports. The IceTV server can send scheduling suggestions to the PVR and the PVR can either accept or reject such suggestions. There are also provisions for identifying lost suggestions.

P.S.: I'm surprised you are willing to help cob58 at all, given the bad manners. Such behaviour would have earned a ban in most online communities.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 09:19

peteru wrote:
prl wrote:IceTV on the Beyonwiz is prone to getting itself in a knot when the state of the recordings on the Beyonwiz changes in a way that the IceTV server doesn't expect. It has been known to take several days for it to sort itself out. It's unclear whether the problem lies in the Beyonwiz or the IceTV server.
I can give you a definite answer on that. By design, the PVR is always considered as the definitive source of scheduling information and the IceTV server should adjust it's view based on what the PVR reports. The IceTV server can send scheduling suggestions to the PVR and the PVR can either accept or reject such suggestions. There are also provisions for identifying lost suggestions.

P.S.: I'm surprised you are willing to help cob58 at all, given the bad manners. Such behaviour would have earned a ban in most online communities.
I've had problems with IceTV "losing track" after all timers had been deleted and IceTV told to Resend Everything.

Part of the problem is the completely inadequate descriptions in their Help pages of how IceTV is supposed to work.

Some of the posters on the forum who I thought were bad-mannered seem to have accommodated to the forum. I don't really think cob58's done anything particularly worth banning or shunning. Still, it's not IMO the best approach for someone who is, after all, trying to get some assistance.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

srto2
Apprentice

Post by srto2 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09

I've had problems with IceTV "losing track" after all timers had been deleted and IceTV told to Resend Everything.
It seems less "confusing" for the ICE servers if I disconnect my P1 from the network before deleting the timers and/or the EPG cache. The next time the Wiz goes on line with a clean slate, everything is updated as required with no drama.

Having said that it will probably stuff up when I update from #320 to #344...
Wiz T4 (1TB) #19.3-20211010
Wiz DP-P1 (1TB) #01.07.070
OPPO DV-983H, Yamaha RX-AS710B, Yamaha T-D500, Yamaha TT-S303,
LG 55" 55UK7750PTA
Harmony 650

mister_bimbo
Master

Problems with IceTV after upgrade to firmware .334

Post by mister_bimbo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 08:45

Hi Folks,

I've been experiencing issues with IceTV following the upgrade to .334: specifically, recordings fail to schedule themselves despite being resent from the IceTV website. Note: I follow the recommended procedure in the upgrade to rescan all channels, which erases all timers.

I have both a P1 and a P2, and experienced exactly the same issue on both after updating them. Both units would connect to IceTV, and I could verify the connection. They would both even download the EPG (I flushed the IceTV EPG cache as part of the upgrade). But neither one would download the recordings (I selected the "Resend all recordings" option in the account section of IceTV).

I called IceTV on Sunday and experienced someone in support who clearly knew *much* less than me. He changed the device ID of my P2: I cautioned him that it would erase all my recordings on the IceTV website and would remove all my favourites and he assured me that it wouldn't... it did. I then had to manually recreate all of my favourites that I'd had for the P2. I probably wasn't able to recall the complete list... however it did have the effect of getting the scheduling going again.

For my P1, I decided not to seek the "assistance of IceTV support" .. but took the path suggest by experts here to disable the IceTV service for 24 hours: I then selected the "Resend all recordings" from the IceTV website and waited for a 24 hour period. I then enabled the service again and the recordings came down. This appeared to follow the 'logic' that the forum experts outlined ... that the issue rights itself after a period of time.

I thought that was the end of the problem, but it has started happening again. I had an issue with networking under .334 and switched the Commonwealth Games series recording from the P1 back to the P2, and IceTV has failed to implement the changed on the P2 (it has however been successful with removing the recording from the P1).

One additional bug I have noticed, is that on both the P1 & the P2 I have manually (i.e. not via IceTV) set a series recording for the morning (P1) and evening (P2) news. Prior to .334 I noticed that both of these recordings would appear on the IceTV website when I would select the "My Week" view. They no longer show.

It would appear to me that there is something faulty with the IceTV implementation in .334 ... unless anyone can identify something that I'm doing wrong..? NB: I upgraded both the P1 & P2 from 1.05.301 which had been running perfectly fine for more than a year.

Cheers,
David

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Oct 07, 2010 09:09

Hi David,

What are your time settings for both Beyonwiz units? I wonder if you are using Auto time and there is a TV station time error involved with your difficulties?

(Note: I do not use IceTV so I am no expert in this area. :))

Regards,
Ian.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Oct 07, 2010 09:59

My suggestion was to disable IceTV, delete timers and EPG cache and make any time zone/DST changes, and then wait more than an hour before re-enabling IceTV. The wait of more than an hour was to ensure that the IceTV EPG was received before the IceTV recording timers. The suggestion of doing it overnight was just so you don't have to hang around waiting for the hour to pass.

Normally the Beyonwiz fetches the EPG once an hour, and timers once every thirty minutes. When it updates from IceTV, it requests the EPG, then timers. By clearing the EPG cache as well as timers, and waiting the hour before re-enabling IceTV, this ensures that the EPG is up-to-date before the timers are fetched, and avoids some problems with programs getting the wrong names because the old copy of the EPG didn't reflect the correct times for programs.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

mister_bimbo
Master

Post by mister_bimbo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 07:44

Hi Ian,
IanSav wrote:Hi David,

What are your time settings for both Beyonwiz units? I wonder if you are using Auto time and there is a TV station time error involved with your difficulties?

Regards,
Ian.
I meant to check what I had set this to on the weekend but forgot: I believe its Auto, but will make a note to recheck.

As part of a separate issue (which you've assisted me with), I applied the .346 Beta but the issue with the "manual" recordings not appearing on the IceTV website still persists. I know you're not an IceTV user, but I'd be curious to hear whether anyone else experiences the problem..?

Hi Peter,
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:59 am Post subject:
My suggestion was to disable IceTV, delete timers and EPG cache and make any time zone/DST changes, and then wait more than an hour before re-enabling IceTV. The wait of more than an hour was to ensure that the IceTV EPG was received before the IceTV recording timers. The suggestion of doing it overnight was just so you don't have to hang around waiting for the hour to pass.

Normally the Beyonwiz fetches the EPG once an hour, and timers once every thirty minutes. When it updates from IceTV, it requests the EPG, then timers. By clearing the EPG cache as well as timers, and waiting the hour before re-enabling IceTV, this ensures that the EPG is up-to-date before the timers are fetched, and avoids some problems with programs getting the wrong names because the old copy of the EPG didn't reflect the correct times for programs.
I think it was your suggestion that I was recalling when running the procedure. I followed this again as part of the update to .346 and I (again) did not experience any problems. It turned out that I didn't need to rescan the channels with the .346 update (so the timers were not erased) and hence did not need to resend the recordings, but I didn't know this at the time I (1) disabled IceTV on the BW and (2) when I selected "Resend all recordings". I did watch the IceTV log after I enabled it some 12-15 hours after disabling it, to see whether there would be any errors ... and the log was clean/clear.

So, although its not conclusive (maybe IceTV had a problem during the switch to DST?), I think I'll follow this procedure as a matter of course around DST and firmware upgrades.

Cheers,
David

tonymy01
Uber Wizard

Post by tonymy01 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:43

ICE put a fix in place in the past few days: http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/inde ... pic=2450.0
Tony

mister_bimbo
Master

Post by mister_bimbo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 20:22

Hi Ian,
IanSav wrote:Hi David,

Regards,
Ian.
I checked out the time setting on the BW's: its set to AUTO for both the P1 & P2. I've checked the link in tonymy01's post and am assuming that the problem with the IceTV website being able to resend the scheduled recordings for a device is indeed now fixed (I've not experienced it since) and not related to the time setting ... but if I get it again, I'll try altering the time to manual/network and see if it gets me anywhere.

However, it does appear to me that there is a bug with the IceTV functionality, and that timers set on the BW don't find their way back to the IceTV website. I'm sure that this functionality was there in .301: it wouldn't show all instances of a recurring timer - only the next instance. I've promised the BW support folks that I'd let them know whether the bug is in .346 (it was in .334) ... I'm curious to know whether anyone else has noticed/experienced this...?

Thanks again for always being prepared to assist! :)

Cheers,

David

Return to “Ice TV”