Can't Get ABC1 EPG

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

croops
Apprentice

Can't Get ABC1 EPG

Post by croops » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:18

Hey guys...

For a few weeks now I've been unable to get the program listing for ABC1HD.

I usually turn off the DP2 at night.

Wierd thing is that the BW still manages to record my programs that I set up via IceTV via broswer/iPhone interface.

Any suggestions?

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:30

Hi Croops,

There never was a channel called "ABC1HD". The channel "ABC HD" on LCN-20 no longer exists and has been replaced by "ABC News 24" on LCN-24. If you haven't recently updated your ABC channel list then it may be time to rescan the appropriate broadcast channel that carries Channel 2 in your area.

Regards,
Ian.

croops
Apprentice

Post by croops » Fri Aug 20, 2010 14:02

My bad...

I meant ABC1.. you know - this channel: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/channels/abc1.htm

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Aug 20, 2010 14:32

Hi Croops,

If you don't have an EPG for ABC1 then it is time for you to document the issue and give us some facts, figures and details about the problem so that we have something with which to work.

For example, is the LCN of ABC1 you are watching the same LCN you have selected in IceTV?

Regards,
Ian.

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Fri Aug 20, 2010 15:20

IanSav wrote:For example, is the LCN of ABC1 you are watching the same LCN you have selected in IceTV?
I'm pretty sure this is the issue. The Ice default for ABC1 is LCN2. If you want to use LCN21 in your EPG instead, you'll need to go to your Ice account details on their website and manually change your ABC1 to be sent to you as LCN21. I had to do this for my account not long ago.

Or, if i"m remembering the default incorrectly, it will be exactly the opposite of the above. :)

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 16:11

madmax wrote:
IanSav wrote:For example, is the LCN of ABC1 you are watching the same LCN you have selected in IceTV?
I'm pretty sure this is the issue. The Ice default for ABC1 is LCN2. If you want to use LCN21 in your EPG instead, you'll need to go to your Ice account details on their website and manually change your ABC1 to be sent to you as LCN21. I had to do this for my account not long ago.

Or, if i"m remembering the default incorrectly, it will be exactly the opposite of the above. :)
The default is to send all LCNs for the named service. Unless croops changed that setting at some time he should be getting the EPG on all LCNs that are available for that IceTV region.

The sneakier one, though, is that if you set All for your ABC1 LCNs in IceTV, it sends timers on LCN2 (the first LCN in the drop-down list perhaps?). If you have your favorite set to see ABC1 on LCN 21, then you'll never see your timers in the EPG :) I'm not sure which LCN timers are sent for if you chose a specific LCN for your EPG. Presumably that LCN.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Fri Aug 20, 2010 16:18

prl wrote:The sneakier one, though, is that if you set All for your ABC1 LCNs in IceTV, it sends timers on LCN2 (the first LCN in the drop-down list perhaps?). If you have your favorite set to see ABC1 on LCN 21, then you'll never see your timers in the EPG :)
Ah, maybe that's the reason I did it. Anyway, while I was there, I changed all my channels from 'All' to a fixed LCN, for no particular reason other than my minimalist nature. :)

croops
Apprentice

Post by croops » Fri Aug 20, 2010 16:53

Here are my settings in on the IceTV site.

Gully

Post by Gully » Fri Aug 20, 2010 17:19

Nothing obvious there on your original problem, but why have you disabled all those channels - don't you want that information or timers for them?

Also you still haven't said if you have gone to Favourites, selected all services and then checked if any ABC 1 services have a guide.
Cheers
Gully

croops
Apprentice

Post by croops » Fri Aug 20, 2010 17:37

@gully - I don't want those channels coz I don't watch them! I'd actually love it if I could find a way to remove them from my guide listing!

In terms of checking the Favorites, I'm still at work. I'll check this tonight when I get home. Thanx for the suggestion though. I'll keep you posted.

Thanx guys.

Gully

Post by Gully » Fri Aug 20, 2010 17:44

croops wrote:@gully - I don't want those channels coz I don't watch them! I'd actually love it if I could find a way to remove them from my guide listing!
Very easy - just don't include them in your favourites - that (and setting the order) is the whole point of favourites.
Cheers
Gully

croops
Apprentice

Post by croops » Mon Aug 23, 2010 14:47

Ok so I cleared and then reinstated my Faves - no difference. Still no EPG info for ABC1.

I also rescanned my channels and no change.

Any suggestions?

madmax
Wizard

Post by madmax » Mon Aug 23, 2010 15:17

croops wrote:Any suggestions?
Manually set the LCN on your Ice account, as I suggested earlier. It can't hurt to try it??

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Aug 23, 2010 16:02

croops wrote:Ok so I cleared and then reinstated my Faves - no difference. Still no EPG info for ABC1.

I also rescanned my channels and no change.

Any suggestions?
No one was actually suggesting that you get rid of your favourites just use the option to view all services.

Can you please do that and check if any ABC services have an EPG and post the results here?

Also if that doesn't help I am wondering if it might be worth setting IceTV back to including all the SD services and seeing if that changes anything?

If it does you can just use your favourites to mask the ones you don't want/need.
Cheers
Gully

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 16:09

And of course, did you follow PRL's FAQ on scanning? If you have duplicates LCNs, you will get issues like missing EPG in some channels.
Regards
Tony

Return to “Ice TV”