ICE TV Window

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Foxtail
Master

ICE TV Window

Post by Foxtail » Fri Aug 31, 2007 06:46

With my other Toppy MP PVR I could see a weeks programs and all stations day by day, the ICETV one is via one channel and is awkward, is there any way to show what the Toppy does on the BW?.

Also what is the best way to pad programs?.

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 06:54

The BW engineers are reformatting the "guide" to make it more user friendly in future FW (or so the rumours suggest). Lots of sugestions in the wish lists.
As for padding - no auto padding but once you press "rec" to get it in the timer list then press "ok" to edit. scroll down to the duration and add whatever you need in terms of minutes., As Dave pointed out that different padding is needed for each programme depending on how bad each network is so I agree this is better than an auto pad option. I don't "prepad" as I have never seen a programme start early. ABC only gets a few minutes "postpadding" and commercial channels get heaps depending on time of day.
Philip

Foxtail
Master

Post by Foxtail » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:52

Thanks Phil, yeah I worked the paddng out, will take a bit of getting used too after using the ICETV on the Toppy.

jpp
Guru

Post by jpp » Fri Aug 31, 2007 17:22

Foxtail wrote:Thanks Phil, yeah I worked the paddng out, will take a bit of getting used too after using the ICETV on the Toppy.
I certainly wouldn't want BW not to add a fixed auto padding option though. I leave mine fixed for all shows - HD space is cheap :wink: .
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Iscan Duo Video Processor. Yamaha YSP-3300 Digital Sound Projector , Popcorn A500, Oppo DV-980H, Sony TV, Harmony 650 Remote

Foxtail
Master

Post by Foxtail » Fri Aug 31, 2007 21:43

The thing I miss most is adjustable skip (quickjump) I had in the Toppy, 3 mins and 1min forward plus others for 50sec back etc.

DaveR
Wizard

Re: ICE TV Window

Post by DaveR » Fri Aug 31, 2007 21:47

Foxtail wrote:With my other Toppy MP PVR I could see a weeks programs and all stations day by day, the ICETV one is via one channel and is awkward, is there any way to show what the Toppy does on the BW?.
This would seem to indicate that you didn't know your toppy very well.

The toppy and the bw both are able to show their epgs in 2 different formats - single-channel view or multi-channel view.

The toppy defaults to single-channel view. Pressing the red button changes it to multi-channel view.

The bw defaults to multi-channel view. Pressing the red button changes it to single--channel view.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

Foxtail
Master

Post by Foxtail » Sat Sep 01, 2007 07:21

On the Toppy I could see some ICETV 8 hours and 6 channels in the window at the one time, if the BW can do this direct me as to how.

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sat Sep 01, 2007 16:03

Foxtail wrote:On the Toppy I could see some ICETV 8 hours and 6 channels in the window at the one time, if the BW can do this direct me as to how.
Which TAP were you using? The built-in guide on both the toppys and the bws only shows 3 hours and 4 channels (in multi-chanel view).

The toppys default to single-channel view - you need to press the red button to change to multi-channel-view. There is a TAP that presses the red button for you so that the toppy's epg appears to default to multi-channel view.

On most firmware versions toppys are able to be changed to show more or less than the default 4 hours in multi-channel view.

The bws default to multi-channel view - you need to press the red button to change to single-channel-view.

If you were seeing more than 4 channels at once in the toppy's epg you must have been running a TAP?
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

Foxtail
Master

Post by Foxtail » Sun Sep 02, 2007 08:06

Return to “Ice TV”