Can't Get GO! EPG on H1

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Paul55
Wizard

Can't Get GO! EPG on H1

Post by Paul55 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 00:25

My H1 EPG has been working perfectly since .301 - storing the guide data on the HDD for instant access.
I scanned and set up GO! (LCN99) in my favourites and the channel title appears in my EPG list but without any program info.
Otherwise all's working.
I've tried disabling and then enabling IceTV but I still can't get any GO! data. I've refreshed the data (successfully according to the BW menu).
I've checked my IceTV account and GO! is selected in my profile. I'm getting the IceTV GO! data on my Toppy (same account).
What am I doing wrong?? Something simple and probably obvious no doubt.

Edit: I've also subsequently cleared the disc EPG cache - Setup, System, Initialise, Clear EPG Disc Cache. Did my 4am auto EPG/Timers thing.
Got up this morning and still no GO! data but everything else. Oddly, I had the 'possible HDD damage' warning which I haven't seen for ages. Checked and all OK.
:? :? :?
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

jillybean
Apprentice

Post by jillybean » Wed Aug 12, 2009 08:22

I had to play around a bit with mine to get it working (had the same problems with OneHD). Not sure what it was that sorted it in the end, but I know I
1. cleared the cache a number of times,
2. disabled IceTV and let the FTA EPG fill the guide, then re-enabled IceTV (without clearing the cache again I think)
3. completely deleted my WIN channels (had previously just let DCM do its thing to pick up the new "88" channel) and then did a partial rescan.

As I said, I'm not sure what of all this fixed it, but the delete/rescan was the last thing I did so I think this may have been what made the difference. Maybe without the delete/rescan the channel list being sent to Ice is not updated??

Jill

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 08:38

Paul, view all your channels, I bet you have two of all the Nine channels. Everyone in Sydney with nearly every STB appears to have this, and other people around the country appear to be reporting similar (on the dtvforums). And you know how the Wiz doesn't like to have two of anything the same...
Nine really messed this thing up. They had 3 channels already, all they had to do was change a channel name and remove an AC3 stream off 9SD, but no... they decided to frig with everything and screw nearly any STB up that caches various tables related to that channel. DCM=big giant flop in its first real test since Beyonwiz introduced it.
Tony

mapota
Apprentice

Post by mapota » Wed Aug 12, 2009 09:05

Paul,

I had the same thing but am not with NIne we are with WinTv in the Illawarra.

I tried the same sorts of things as you, but in the end I checked my timers to ensure they were alll only ice tv generated ones. i then rescanned all channels, ie not just the win tv channel, and then had icetv resend all the timers.

I then had GO in the epg, interestingly I did not have to go through this with the OneHD startup, which for us was only about a month ago.

Go figure! (no pun intended)

Andrew

Paul55
Wizard

Post by Paul55 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 09:19

tonymy01 wrote:Paul, view all your channels, I bet you have two of all the Nine channels. Everyone in Sydney with nearly every STB appears to have this, and other people around the country appear to be reporting similar (on the dtvforums). And you know how the Wiz doesn't like to have two of anything the same...
Nine really messed this thing up. They had 3 channels already, all they had to do was change a channel name and remove an AC3 stream off 9SD, but no... they decided to frig with everything and screw nearly any STB up that caches various tables related to that channel. DCM=big giant flop in its first real test since Beyonwiz introduced it.
Tony, I only had one of each but couldn't even get FTA for any 9 channels.
Switched off Ice, deleted and rescanned 9 and could get all FTA data (including GO!).
Switched Ice back on and all is working now.
Thanks to all.
DP-P1 & DP-P2 x 2, 01.05/07.350 Samsung PS64E8000, Pioneer 508XDA, IceTV, Yamaha RX-V3800a, Toppy TRF-2400, Foxtel IQ3, Harmony 1100i, Digitech HDMI switch, Beyonwiz DP-H1 , FW 01.05.350, 320GB Maxtor USB HDD, 42" Panasonic G10A, Yamaha RX-V795a, Foxtel IQ2, Harmony 785, WDTV Live x 3

Return to “Ice TV”