email I got this morning : Important IceTV changes coming to

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

craigk
Apprentice

email I got this morning : Important IceTV changes coming to

Post by craigk » Wed Jul 29, 2009 07:59

Hey guys.

anyone seem the new features ?

New features will become available via IceTV Interactive as of tomorrow (Wednesday 29/07/2009). In preparation, we wanted to let you know what is coming and provide you with some pointers on what to check to ensure a smooth transition.

The first big improvement you will see is the way you can control series recordings with more advanced options. As this is a very big change, we recommend that everyone login to the IceTV website and check the options for all of their existing series recordings under IceTV Interactive.

This can be done by logging into the IceTV website tomorrow and clicking on the Interactive tab at the top of the screen and then on the My Shows tab along the left hand side. On this page you should then click on the name for each of the series recordings that you have setup and check the new "Quality", "Network", and "Limit" settings to ensure they are correct.

Quality. Setting the quality to "Only Standard Def" or "Only High Def" will record only that version of the show if both a standard definition and high definition broadcast exists. (For example, for a show that appears on both SBS and SBS HD simultaneously you will only record the version you have selected and not both).

(Please Note: If you have selected a specific version and the show is not broadcasted in this version, then the show will not record.)

That's where "Prefer High Def" & "Prefer Standard Def" come in. If you are unsure whether there are two versions of the show available but have a preference as to which version you'd like, then choose either "Prefer High Def" & "Prefer Standard Def". This way the show will record in whatever version is available and in the version you want.

Network. This setting is used if you want to specify which television network to restrict the series recording to, for example setting the network to "Nine" will allow recordings on "Nine", "Nine HD", and the new "GO!" channel once it starts broadcasting.

Limit. This will limit how many recordings per day are made for a given series or keyword recording.

In terms of the new features that will be made available as of tomorrow via the IceTV Interactive website, mini mobile phone site, iPhone app or IceTV (Dashboard) Widget... this is only the tip of the ice-berg!

Stay tuned for more information to follow shortly.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 08:28

As of 0830 Wed 29, I see none of the new features in my IceTV account, not even after logging out and logging back in.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Gully

Post by Gully » Wed Jul 29, 2009 08:50

I can see the changes now when I go to IceTV Interactive.
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 09:11

Me too, now.

Anyone got any idea what the grey queued series recording icon is?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

craigk
Apprentice

Post by craigk » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:13

yep same here now.. thanks guys...

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:22

Readers of this topic should probably keep an eye on the New Interactive topic on the IceTV forum.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

rakhurst
Apprentice

Post by rakhurst » Wed Jul 29, 2009 13:26

prl wrote:Me too, now.

Hi Peter, I have one of those against a series recording for House on Wednesday nights and have it set up to record first runs only and I know that tonights episode is a repeat. Maybe it is grey to let you know that it wont be recording that particular episode. Only a guess though.
BW DP-P1
BW DP-Lite i
Sherwood Non HDMI Amp
LG60PY3DF Plasma TV
Harmony 785 Remote

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jul 29, 2009 13:37

rakhurst wrote:
prl wrote:Me too, now.

Hi Peter, I have one of those against a series recording for House on Wednesday nights and have it set up to record first runs only and I know that tonights episode is a repeat. Maybe it is grey to let you know that it wont be recording that particular episode. Only a guess though.
It is. There's information from Russell at IceTV about it and some of the other changes in the IceTV topic I linked to above.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “Ice TV”