IceTV EPG and Device Issues - DPP1

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Melb Shrek
Apprentice

IceTV EPG and Device Issues - DPP1

Post by Melb Shrek » Thu Jun 11, 2009 15:44

Hi all

Have loitered in this forum for a number of years and have found many posts and advice given always in valuable, so I'm hoping there may be some out there for this one.

I will preface my issue by saying that I have had doscussions with both Beyonwiz support and ICETV support, both of whom are scratching their heads.

Config:
- Latest firmware loaded (.301 via WIZTV download);
- Win XP Pro/SP-3 PC has shared folder for DP-P1;
- WizFX running and able to transfer files;
- Able to ping P1 from PC;
- Linksys WRT54GL Router;
- LAN with access to the net is working for other PCs;
- DP-P1 can scan network and sees shared folders and can load files;
- Router reports that the DP-P1 is connected;
- Router firewall disabled

EPG has been working for >1yr. Have tried everything I can think of to diagnose/fix, including taking the DP-P1 back to its Factory Initialise state (and hard power down) and re-initialising and enabling IceTV and disk cache. Beyonwiz has IP address and router assigned gateway address. Primary and Secondary DNS have both been manually set to those of Bigpond ISP.
Confirmed with ICETV my account is current and active (re-entered my IceTV account name/password), and support can confirm that they are seeing my fetches getting to them but I'm not getting their data - eith EPG or available device list.

And thus why this has both support groups scratching their heads - network (internal) is confirmed working via transfers/scans/playing files from PC via Beyonwiz; and (external) via .301 firmware upgrade initialised and completed via WIZTV download and install, as well as ICE support confirming they can see my fetch but no data is coming back.

I'm at a loss - everything phsical has been confirmed, and I now don't know which way to jump to try and fix the issue - and all I want to get is my EPG...!!!! Thanks in advance. :?:

Gully

Post by Gully » Thu Jun 11, 2009 16:02

First, I've moved this to a more appropriate part of the forum.

Second, I presume you understand that the connection to IceTV happens independently of networking to PCs, so you can have one working without the other and it may not mean anything helpful.

What do you see in the IceTV log window on the Wiz?

What happens when you select Check User Info and Select Device?
Cheers
Gully

Melb Shrek
Apprentice

Post by Melb Shrek » Thu Jun 11, 2009 16:12

What do you see in the IceTV log window on the Wiz?

What happens when you select Check User Info and Select Device?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Gully - wasn't sure where exactly to post it, as neither ICE or BW are able to give me a solution, and the longer it goes on unresolved, BW say it's ICE and vice versa.

When I do a Check user info, the WIZ "resolves", and reports it has retrieved device list - however the device list remains empty and I do not have a device to choose - and hence this is where the process is getting "stuck in a loop", as ICE can see the WIZ requesting the EPG fetch but ICE cannot send it out as the WIZ does not have a device listed it can send too.

Thus BW point at ICE etc, etc

Regards , Craig

ozlooper
Master

Post by ozlooper » Thu Jun 11, 2009 16:35

Have you tried re-booting your router? This has worked for me a couple of times where everything else was still ok but the wiz->icetv connection was failing.

Gully

Post by Gully » Thu Jun 11, 2009 16:35

That sounds very strange as the Check User Info normally comes up with a message that it is checking the ID and password and then a message that the check was successful or not. It can also sometimes give a system busy message.

It is Select Device that offers you a device name.

A couple more questions as well though I am sure they have been asked before.

1. Is your username just alphanumeric, ie letters and numbers only?

2. Have you tried creating a new device name on the Ice site?

BTW use the quote button on my message if you want to quote from it and just edit to leave the parts you want to use.
Cheers
Gully

Melb Shrek
Apprentice

Post by Melb Shrek » Thu Jun 11, 2009 17:29

Have you tried re-booting your router?
Hey ozlooper - rebooted couple of days ago whilst in the midst of manually setting primary & secondary wins on the wiz manually.
It is Select Device that offers you a device name.
HI Gully -
Select Device on the BW is blank, and remains blank, even after it reports that it has successfully retrieved the device list.
1. Is your username just alphanumeric, ie letters and numbers only?
User name is just alpha - and ICE support re-created the id and reset the password whilst working through over the phone with them.
2. Have you tried creating a new device name on the Ice site?
ICE site currently has 2 devices listed - the original one created by me, and a 2nd one created by ICE support. My original one also deleted and recreated during all of this "testing" with ICE support - nothing seems to connect and retrieve.

Keep in mind - that until about 6 - 7 weeks ago, all of this was working without a hitch and has just stopped. And having spoken to both BW and ICE, this is now becoming an exercise to work out - do keep working the scenarios and try to troubleshoot out the issue, or are we at "possible" hardware failure (however everything seems to be functioning OK), and return of the BW???

Gully

Post by Gully » Thu Jun 11, 2009 17:41

I have to agree it all sounds strange.

Obvious question - did anything change with your setup or system 6-7 weeks ago?
Cheers
Gully

Melb Shrek
Apprentice

Post by Melb Shrek » Thu Jun 11, 2009 17:50

Obvious question - did anything change with your setup or system 6-7 weeks ago?
I wish I could say yes, and diagnosing the issue would become that specific and simple - but unfortunately no. Even the firmware version I've been running (.280) has been the same for 4 - 5 months.
Starting to see and share my frustration?

tonymy01
Uber Wizard
Location: Sydney, Australia DP-S1-1TB, DP-P2-2TB, DP-T4-2TB, DP-T4-BB... too many!

Post by tonymy01 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 18:11

Ok, I had your situation when ICE first got going for the Wiz with three factors:
1. Username had an "@" symbol in it (old ICE account details was your email address).
2. Password had something in it that isn't liked (can't remember what it was now.... keep your password relatively simple).
3. I hadn't setup a device in the ICE account pages.

When I did all that, it finally worked properly.

Oh, p.s. don't use unusual characters for your device name either, try to stick to letters and numbers only.
Regards
Tony

Melb Shrek
Apprentice

Post by Melb Shrek » Thu Jun 11, 2009 18:25

I had your situation when ICE first got going for the Wiz with three factors:
1. Username had an "@" symbol in it (old ICE account details was your email address).
2. Password had something in it that isn't liked (can't remember what it was now.... keep your password relatively simple).
3. I hadn't setup a device in the ICE account pages.
Hi Tony -
1. current user name alpha only (5 letters)
2. current password alpha only (5 letters)
3. currently 2 devices setup in ICE site

Cheers, Craig

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Thu Jun 11, 2009 18:26

Did IceTV delete your original device Id or just create new one.

I found that when mine git a bit confused I needed to delete them all and create new ones.

So is it coming back with the ID accepted as the comments above were a bit mixed.
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

Melb Shrek
Apprentice

Post by Melb Shrek » Thu Jun 11, 2009 18:33

Hey craigh - did both. Whilst talking to them, they added a new one, deleted the old one and then re-added the old one.
So is it coming back with the ID accepted as the comments above were a bit mixed.
This is where the problem (i believe) may be - upon doing a user check, the Wiz reports that it is retreiving device list, and then successflly retrieved device list. However when you select device on the Wiz, there are no device listed.

Gully

Post by Gully » Thu Jun 11, 2009 18:53

Melb Shrek wrote:
Hey craigh - did both. Whilst talking to them, they added a new one, deleted the old one and then re-added the old one.
Not quite the same as Craig's point which is delete all before creating a new device.
Cheers
Gully

Melb Shrek
Apprentice

Post by Melb Shrek » Thu Jun 11, 2009 19:11

Not quite the same as delete all before creating a new device.
Yeah - sorry Gully, response was a bit confused - but anwer is yes. Delete all and create a new device I had originally tried a week or so ago, and then support did the same thing also whilst checking and verifying account and user details with them on the phone.

craigh
Wizard

Post by craigh » Thu Jun 11, 2009 19:33

Melb Shrek wrote:
Not quite the same as delete all before creating a new device.
Yeah - sorry Gully, response was a bit confused - but anwer is yes. Delete all and create a new device I had originally tried a week or so ago, and then support did the same thing also whilst checking and verifying account and user details with them on the phone.
The reason i ask is that Id's appear to be created with an index starting at 0 which effects things like how they show on web site and in lists etc and I know mine were having problems till I purged them all as i had gaps in the id numbers
Craig
T4 + Kodi + Foxtel IQ2 > Yamaha RX-V2700 > Panasonic Plasma
T2 + Kodi Player > Pioneer Plasma
5 x Kodi + Enigma Plugin > LCD TV's
Retired - S1, P1, P1, FLV1, H1, H1
Foxtel IQ3 > Digi-MOD RL-DM1102 - SD DTV RF Modulator > All TV's
Remotes - Pronto TSU9400's + TSU7500's

DaveR
Wizard

Re: IceTV EPG and Device Issues - DPP1

Post by DaveR » Thu Jun 11, 2009 23:27

Melb Shrek wrote:Beyonwiz has IP address and router assigned gateway address. Primary and Secondary DNS have both been manually set to those of Bigpond ISP.
Why? Gateway and Primary DNS should normally be the IP address of your router. I find it hard to believe that the Beyonwiz can find any PCs on your network when it's using your ISP's DNS servers (or that any PCs on the network can find any other PCs). If you do not want to change anything on the the router you can often get away with setting the Beyonwiz's Primary DNS as the router's IP and the Secondary DNS as your ISP's primary DNS server IP.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Jun 12, 2009 01:37

Hi Melb Shrek,

Have you tried taking your Beyonwiz to a friend's place and using a completely different network to test this out. The problem could be with your ISP or your network. Taking the unit off-site should help to test this out.

Regards,
Ian.

download
Guru

Re: IceTV EPG and Device Issues - DPP1

Post by download » Fri Jun 12, 2009 09:14

Dave? wrote:Why? Gateway and Primary DNS should normally be the IP address of your router.
I agree, your router should have its DNS set to your ISP. Set the BW DNS to the router (basically same address as the gateway) and see if that helps.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Melb Shrek
Apprentice

Post by Melb Shrek » Fri Jun 12, 2009 09:18

Id's appear to be created with an index starting at 0 which effects things like how they show on web site and in lists
craigh - did a complete purge of devices again last night and then added a new device (wizpvr) with a totally different name to that previously used (BeyonwizHDPVR), and still no luck.
Gateway and Primary DNS should normally be the IP address of your router.
Dave - totally agree, and up unril I started having these issues over the last few months, that is exactly ho mine was set up. Only in the last week have I modified how the wiz gets it IP / gateway / DNS entries, after having read a few posts in both the ICE forum and the Wiz forum that this has rectified perceived network issues. And as I'm at a total loss as to where my issue is stemming from, am prepared to try anything. FYI - even havingh made these manual changes, all other aspects of network connectivity still function (file transfer, wiztv, ip ping from PC)
Have you tried taking your Beyonwiz to a friend's place
Hi Ian - that's something that I hadn't previously considered - as I'm almost at a point where I may have to go back to reseller (Harvey Norman) anyway, am thinking I may speak to them about a local site test with them.

Regards, Craig.

Return to “Ice TV”