ICE Guide Errors

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

dino
On probation

ICE Guide Errors

Post by dino » Mon Jun 09, 2008 22:39

Firstly at the Ice Guide page in my BW, its says :Received request for undefined device 0",

Then secondly, every minute or so I get a pop up which says.

"Please make at least one device at the PIMP options page in http://www.icetv, I cant find this page ?

I have checked my ICETV online and only have one device listed !,

Any thoughts

Gully

Post by Gully » Mon Jun 09, 2008 23:04

Looks like the message is truncated as of course it should point to www.icetv.com.au

With the device name and your IceTV account name people have found in the past it doesn't like some characters, eg e-mail addresses, so maybe delete and create one with a simple name.

That needs to be done on the IceTV Interactive site and then make sure everything is working at that end before coming back to the BW and checking that.
Cheers
Gully

dino
On probation

Ice TV

Post by dino » Mon Jun 09, 2008 23:45

Sorry my typo, it was pointing to www.icetv.com.au ? my user name is simply 10 characters, no number, symbols or email address ?

Gully

Re: Ice TV

Post by Gully » Tue Jun 10, 2008 00:24

dino wrote:Sorry my typo, it was pointing to www.icetv.com.au ? my user name is simply 10 characters, no number, symbols or email address ?
And device name?

And did you check everything was working at the IceTV end?
Cheers
Gully

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Jun 10, 2008 09:13

Dino, if you've ever changed the IceTV device name on the IceTV side (even if only to change it to the same name), try re-setting the device name on the Beyonwiz, even though you'll simply be setting the same name again from the dropdown list.

I had timers from IceTV Interactive that were supposed to go to my DP-S1 start turning up on my DP-H1, even though the device names were all correct. Since I reset the name on the H1, the problem appears to have gone away, even though I selected exactly the same name again from the dropdown list on the H1.

There appear to be some aspects of the IceTV Interactive protocol (or its implementation) that are a bit flakey.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Buffy71
Master

Post by Buffy71 » Thu May 05, 2011 16:59

Hi Guys,
I know this is a really old topic but this is exactly what's happening to me on one of my devices since updating to .350 fw.
I updated both my P1 and my H1 to .350 fw, followed by a factory reset and rescan. I then sent all recordings down to both devices via icetv. The P1 worked fine but the recordings didn't appear on H1 and when i go into icetv setup i get the same message as the OP that says "please setup at least one device on PIMP server at icetv.com.au"
I've tried re entering device from drop down list and same thing happened. I tried renaming device on icetv and re entering that device name from drop down box and still no joy. Any suggestions?
Cheers, Jo

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu May 05, 2011 17:06

Hi, Jo. I'd suggest deleting all devices in IceTV and the Beyonwiz, and starting over.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Buffy71
Master

Post by Buffy71 » Thu May 05, 2011 17:17

Bugger, I think i'll try just deleting the H1 first and see if that works. I have a LOT of shows set for the P1 and don't want to redo that unless i really have to.
P.S Thanks for the quick reply, you guys rock :D

Buffy71
Master

Post by Buffy71 » Thu May 05, 2011 17:41

Success!! Thanks Peter.
It appears that deleting and starting afresh has worked.
Thank goodness i didn't have to redo the P1 as i counted about 40 programs in My Shows. Only record 5 on the H1. Phew :lol:

Cheers,
Jo

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu May 05, 2011 17:44

Glad the problem is fixed.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Bigsime01
Apprentice

My solution

Post by Bigsime01 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:45

I had this problem on one of my S1's and then the other, and none of the above solutions worked, before I decided that I would reset the factory settings, I went to my wizPNP settings and changed the port number and ALL GOOD!

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Oct 26, 2012 14:53

Hi Bigsime01,

That is very odd. WizPNP has nothing to do with IceTV. It appears more like your Beyonwiz lost access to the network and you changing one of the network settings cause/allowed the Beyonwiz to re-establish its network connection.

Regards,
Ian.

Bigsime01
Apprentice

Post by Bigsime01 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 21:42

Hi Ian,

That sounds logical, but as I said I tried ALL of the above, I even tried a few other things, including changing the name of my device, which appeared in the drop down list as differant, and that wouldn't do that if it wasn't online.

It could see the channel list, it just couldn't download the
EPG or Recordings.
I've have come accross this problem before with a VOIP provider and changing the port number buy a couple of digits fix's it, I was using the port recommended to by the manual, and now I'm not. I'm happy that worked and I hope it may help some others.

Regards
Simon

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Oct 27, 2012 09:54

The IceTV connection and the WizPnP services are managed by two separate programs in the Beyonwiz, wizpimp and wizpnp respectively. There's no reason to expect that changing the port used by wizpnp would affect the behaviour of wizpimp.

I'm with IanSav on this. No doubt you have done something that fixed your IceTV problem, but I can't see any reason why the change of the port number would be the key.

You could easily test this by changing the WizPnP port number back to its default and see if that affects IceTV.

Remember, though, that changes in the WizPnP settings may not take effect until you restart the Beyonwiz. Changing the port number will not take affect until you restart.

The fact that between when IceTV wasn't working and when it started working you did a factory reset really makes it difficult to tell exactly what the fix really was.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Bigsime01
Apprentice

Post by Bigsime01 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 22:35

Hi Peter,

I haven't done the factory reset, that was my next course of action, but that fixed it before I got to the factory reset, (of which I want to avoid) as I'd need to change all setting again.
I might try as you suggest and change the port back to see if the problem comes back,
I'll let you know.
Simon

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:44

Bigsime01 wrote:Hi Peter,

I haven't done the factory reset, that was my next course of action ...
Hi Simon. Apologies. I misread that.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Bigsime01
Apprentice

Post by Bigsime01 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 09:26

HI Peter,

Changed the pnpwiz port back with no change so far,
If it does it again I'll change it again and see what happens.
it did work fine like this for 4 months, any idea if it would have anything to do with both my S1's on the same port number in the network? I wouldn't have thought so, but stranger things have happened.

Simon

Bigsime01
Apprentice

Post by Bigsime01 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 09:30

HI Peter,

Changed the pnpwiz port back with no change so far,
If it does it again I'll change it again and see what happens.
it did work fine like this for 4 months, any idea if it would have anything to do with both my S1's on the same port number in the network? I wouldn't have thought so, but stranger things have happened.

Simon

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:33

Bigsime01 wrote:... any idea if it would have anything to do with both my S1's on the same port number in the network? I wouldn't have thought so, but stranger things have happened.
I doubt it. I've had up to three BWs on the same network all using the same (default) port number for WizPnP without any problems. The protocol is intended to work with all WizPnP servers using the same port number.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:47

Hi Simon,

Remember that the port number is not a complete description of the connection. Putting it simply the unique connection to any WizPnP process to any Beyonwiz is described to the port number in use on the IP address of the unit in use. Those two items *together* for a unique address. (Given that IP addresses should/must not be duplicated within a single network.)

Regards,
Ian.

dranrabekim
Apprentice

Re: ICE Guide Errors

Post by dranrabekim » Mon Mar 16, 2015 15:59

This thread is a bit old but will add my experience here in case it helps anyone in the future.

When I first set up IceTV I also had the "Please make at least one device at the PIMP options page in http://www.icetv.com.au....... message displayed on my DP-P1 when I ran a check.

I confirmed the DP-P1 was seen by my router as this has a list of all attached devices and it was there. Used Yardwiz to connect to it and transfer a recording that was on the DP-P1, that worked so I came to the conclusion that it was being seen by my network but not by IceTV.

After reading this forum I changed the Device name in "My Recorders" to something simple and ran the "Check" on the DP-P1 under the IceTV setting and magically it just connected and ran through the checks okay.
Cheers
BW T3, T4, Synology DS415+, Hisense 65N7, Denon Receiver AVR-X3300W, Jamo E855 Surround

Return to “Ice TV”