Whats with ABC HD?

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

BullockBob
Master

Whats with ABC HD?

Post by BullockBob » Fri Jul 06, 2007 21:13

All I ever seem to get in the Guide is Dorothy the Dinosaur, :lol:

Is that what others see for ABC HD?

Cheers
Bob

SimonB
Master

Post by SimonB » Sat Jul 07, 2007 00:39

Maybe it's the ABC's plan to take over the EPG market? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. Can't help, I'm running IceTV and all good here.

Simon....

BullockBob
Master

Post by BullockBob » Sat Jul 07, 2007 01:11

SimonB wrote:Maybe it's the ABC's plan to take over the EPG market? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist. Can't help, I'm running IceTV and all good here.

Simon....
Hi Simon

Sorry, should've made that clear. This is also using IceTV (3 month sub).

So, what do you see then?

Cheers
Bob

DaveR
Wizard

Post by DaveR » Sat Jul 07, 2007 01:36

Yep, Dorothy the Dinosaur and Friends at 3:25pm on Monday. But I also have Art Museums Of The World at 4:05pm on Sunday.

If IceTV only have those 2 programs in the ABC HD channel's guide then they are the only HD programs the ABC have scheduled.
cheers
DaveR

IceTV, T4, T3, T2, P2, S1, FV-L1(P1 fw), TRF-2460, HDR-7500 and Skippa

BullockBob
Master

Post by BullockBob » Sat Jul 07, 2007 02:04

Dave? wrote:Yep, Dorothy the Dinosaur and Friends at 3:25pm on Monday. But I also have Art Museums Of The World at 4:05pm on Sunday.

If IceTV only have those 2 programs in the ABC HD channel's guide then they are the only HD programs the ABC have scheduled.
Thanks Dave. I wasn't aware that many of the other shows are just up-converted. The native HD content on ABC is extremely poor then.

Cheers
Bob

SimonB
Master

Post by SimonB » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:31

BullockBob wrote: Thanks Dave. I wasn't aware that many of the other shows are just up-converted. The native HD content on ABC is extremely poor then.
Bob, that'll teach me to read the forums at work, I misread your question. IIRC, the ABC is exempt from the HD quota. It wasn't too long ago that series 1 of Planet Earth was the first native HD program to be broadcast on Auntie. Then there was the next program, which I think was 'Bleak House'. After that, things have been a little lacking.

Simon....

BullockBob
Master

Post by BullockBob » Mon Jul 09, 2007 00:08

SimonB wrote:
BullockBob wrote: Thanks Dave. I wasn't aware that many of the other shows are just up-converted. The native HD content on ABC is extremely poor then.
Bob, that'll teach me to read the forums at work, I misread your question. IIRC, the ABC is exempt from the HD quota. It wasn't too long ago that series 1 of Planet Earth was the first native HD program to be broadcast on Auntie. Then there was the next program, which I think was 'Bleak House'. After that, things have been a little lacking.

Simon....
Hi Simon

I hope it will be something that the ABC will address soon. I guess they rely heavily on BBC content, so hopefully they will also get their act together on this.

Cheers
Bob

pjc3
Guru

Post by pjc3 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:31

yes but in the mean time enjoy Dorothy in glorious 720p HD. My kids really enjoy the added reality it portrays ... you can really see the acne scars on Dorothy's face in the close-ups and the texture on the skin ... amazing :shock:

BullockBob
Master

Post by BullockBob » Mon Jul 23, 2007 22:23

pjc3 wrote:yes but in the mean time enjoy Dorothy in glorious 720p HD. My kids really enjoy the added reality it portrays ... you can really see the acne scars on Dorothy's face in the close-ups and the texture on the skin ... amazing :shock:
Don't get me wrong. I have the highest regard for Dorothy. But there comes a time in every mans life when one must move on to say ... Dr Who in 1080p. :lol:

Although Billy has gone, the new girl is also very cute and would be cuter in HD. :wink:

SimonB
Master

Post by SimonB » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:01

BullockBob wrote:Don't get me wrong. I have the highest regard for Dorothy. But there comes a time in every mans life when one must move on to say ... Dr Who in 1080p. :lol:

Although Billy has gone, the new girl is also very cute and would be cuter in HD. :wink:
It'd be hard to broadcast it in 1080p, BullockBob, as it's apparently not produced in HD at all.

I agree with you however 8)

Simon....

BullockBob
Master

Post by BullockBob » Tue Jul 24, 2007 19:53

SimonB wrote:
BullockBob wrote:Don't get me wrong. I have the highest regard for Dorothy. But there comes a time in every mans life when one must move on to say ... Dr Who in 1080p. :lol:

It'd be hard to broadcast it in 1080p, BullockBob, as it's apparently not produced in HD at all.

I agree with you however 8)

Simon....
Hey Simon, it was just wishful thinking on my part. :mrgreen:

Interesting that Torchwood is HD though.

Cheers
Bob

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Wed Jul 25, 2007 15:57

I'd be surprised if the BBC was currently funding anything that is not shot in HD and without multichannel audio.

Their commitment to being at the forefront of digital TV is pretty clear - Dirac is a clear example of that.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

Return to “Ice TV”