Repairing empty guide

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Lex200
Master

Repairing empty guide

Post by Lex200 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 09:34

I frequently find that my guide is empty and when I check the setup it shows that the WLAN has lost connection. When I reconnect the WLAN, the guide remains blank, sometimes for days.

How do I get the guide to repopulate from IceTV on demand? I read another post from Dave that mentioned purging the cache - would that help, how do I do it?

Any suggestions for getting the WLAN to repair a dropped connection automatically would also be useful. I realise that the best option is to switch to a wired LAN, but the running of cable is not a trivial issue for me.

Thanks for any help.

Bandit
Apprentice

Re: Repairing empty guide

Post by Bandit » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:17

Lex200 wrote:I frequently find that my guide is empty and when I check the setup it shows that the WLAN has lost connection. When I reconnect the WLAN, the guide remains blank, sometimes for days.

How do I get the guide to repopulate from IceTV on demand? I read another post from Dave that mentioned purging the cache - would that help, how do I do it?

Any suggestions for getting the WLAN to repair a dropped connection automatically would also be useful. I realise that the best option is to switch to a wired LAN, but the running of cable is not a trivial issue for me.

Thanks for any help.
From the Set-Up button, select Management - Initialise - Clear ICE-GUIDE Cache - Confirm YES.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:35

Hi Lex200,

What modem or wireless access point do you have? Are you running the latest firmware on it? Modem firmware updates often improve wireless stability issues.

Regards,
Ian.

Lex200
Master

Post by Lex200 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:46

IanSav wrote: What modem or wireless access point do you have? Are you running the latest firmware on it? Modem firmware updates often improve wireless stability issues.
I'm running a Netgear WPN824 mimo router with the latest firmware. I've tried different channels to try to avoid dropped connections from interference (without much success). Laptop connections are occasionally lost but repair themselves within minutes. The Wiz doesn't seem to repair the lost connection without manual intervention - entering the WLAN settings and confirming an existing setting.

IanSav
Uber Wizard

Post by IanSav » Thu Jun 28, 2007 18:25

Hi Lex200,

You don't happen to have a cordless phone in the house? Is it a 2.4 GHz model? If so, disconnect/switch off the phone and see if it makes a difference.

Regards,
Ian.

danielicetv
Apprentice

Post by danielicetv » Fri Jun 29, 2007 14:44

One other way to force a guide refresh is to put the Beyonwiz into standby and back on as the Beyonwiz will download guide information on startup.
Regards,

Daniel Hall
CTO.
IceTV

Return to “Ice TV”