Ice TV Uninstall

Discuss IceTV's EPG and Remote services here.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Tuggers
Apprentice

Ice TV Uninstall

Post by Tuggers » Mon Aug 08, 2016 21:24

Hi all,
I have Ice TV on 2 Beyonwiz DP Lites. They both have Ice TV installed and it has yet again failed to record. Does anyone know how to uninstall Ice TV please? I'll switch to doing timer recordings. Is Ice TV going down the tubes again or what?
I'm considering the T4 but will get the uninstall down first on the DP Lites.
Thanks in advance for your help.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Ice TV Uninstall

Post by MrQuade » Mon Aug 08, 2016 21:40

To disable IceTV, just open SETUP, go to the Network settings list, and then navigate down to IceTV. Once you disable IceTV, the Wiz will start using the FTA EPG instead.

In what way did the Wiz fail to record?
Was the timer set correctly, and the Wiz failed to wake up to record?
Did the timer not get set on the IceTV website in the first place?
Was the recording set on the IceTYV website, but no timer was set on the Wiz?
Did the recording start but fail in some other way?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Tuggers
Apprentice

Post by Tuggers » Tue Aug 09, 2016 08:04

Thanks Mr Quade,
I have 2 DP Lites - both of course with Ice TV. The recordings are programmed in the usual way using Ice TV. There is a long standing recording for the nightly news on channel 7. which has always recorded fine. A few days ago it stopped recording. The only indication I receive of a failure is:

1. It's scheduled to record at 6pm - at 6.10 pm it's doing diddly squat.
2. A recording error icon appears on the Ice TV app.

There is no other message or indication. I have deselected the recording in Ice TV and reelected several times over several days and no success.

Shut down, reboot, check for software updates etc, etc. Maybe the Olympic coverage has caused a dummy spit somewhere - who knows?

All other recordings are working - so far. So a call to Ice TV and talk to the hand - i.e. a recorded message telling me to send them a message. Which I did last night. I'd really appreciate your opinion on Ice TV - are they still OK?

I will be getting the T4 for the lounge but not just yet.

Thanks again.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Aug 09, 2016 09:28

Tuggers wrote: I have 2 DP Lites - both of course with Ice TV. The recordings are programmed in the usual way using Ice TV. There is a long standing recording for the nightly news on channel 7. which has always recorded fine. A few days ago it stopped recording. The only indication I receive of a failure is:

1. It's scheduled to record at 6pm - at 6.10 pm it's doing diddly squat.
2. A recording error icon appears on the Ice TV app.
So I read this as:
1) it is defined as a series recording on Ice, not a one-off.
2) IceTV had detected and scheduled the recording.

Prior to the recording, was the news showing on the IceTV site as "queued", or did it show as being sent to the Wiz successfully?
If it was showing on Ice as having been sent, did the Wiz have a record of the timer in its memory?
Tuggers wrote: Shut down, reboot, check for software updates etc, etc. Maybe the Olympic coverage has caused a dummy spit somewhere - who knows?

All other recordings are working - so far. So a call to Ice TV and talk to the hand - i.e. a recorded message telling me to send them a message. Which I did last night. I'd really appreciate your opinion on Ice TV - are they still OK?
Depending on what region you live in, the Olympics coverage has juggled around the channel 7 services. 7HD is no longer a HD simulcast of 7Mate but is now rather a simulcast of the main 7 channel.

I did notice last Thursday, that the Ice Guide on my T3, did not match the FTA guide on my T4, so Ice was a little behind on updating things for the Olympics. I am not sure what repercussions that would have on their systems. And on top of that, the T series use different Ice servers to the DP series, so that might not be much to go by anyway.

Ice still works much like it always had for me, but I am a fairly light user of their services. I would have to say that the Olympics programming changes are somwhat to blame in this instance, and you are probably always going to run into odd little issues like this during special events and last minute schedule changes. That in itself is probably not worth getting too worried about IMO.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 13:07

The IceTV server for the T series is a different server using a different protocol from the server for the Beyonwiz DP series. The fact that timer setting is continuing to work correctly for T series devices doesn't necessarily say anything about what DPs are doing.

Since this is a problem being reported for the DP series, I've moved it to the appropriate forum area.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 13:13

There have been some recent posts on the IceTV forum about IceTV recordings not being sent to a Humax PVR. The Humax PVRs use the same server and protocol as the Beyonwiz DP series, but I don't know if there's any connection with this problem.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Aug 09, 2016 13:14

prl wrote:The IceTV server for the T series is a different server using a different protocol from the server for the Beyonwiz DP series. The fact that timer setting is continuing to work correctly for T series devices doesn't necessarily say anything about what DPs are doing.
Can you confirm that the T series is handling it correctly? There has been no mention of channel 7 news timers functioning correctly on the T series in this thread.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Tue Aug 09, 2016 16:53

MrQuade wrote:...
Can you confirm that the T series is handling it correctly? There has been no mention of channel 7 news timers functioning correctly on the T series in this thread.
I can confirm that my T series timers are working as I expect them to. But I don't have any recordings set on the Seven network at the moment, and out here in the national boondocks, Seven's HD offering is still on 7maaaate.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Aug 09, 2016 17:12

prl wrote: I can confirm that my T series timers are working as I expect them to. But I don't have any recordings set on the Seven network at the moment, and out here in the national boondocks, Seven's HD offering is still on 7maaaate.
Tuggers reckons his non-Seven timers are still operating properly as well, so I am still leaning towards this being Olympics related.

Tuggers
Apprentice

Post by Tuggers » Tue Aug 09, 2016 23:41

Hi all, thanks for being so helpful. This forum is so good.
I received this reply from Ice TV. Hope it helps you guys too.

The problems you are having would be a result of network Seven in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth changing 7HD from a copy of 7mate to a copy of 7 for the Olympics.

The following steps will get the Beyonwiz working again:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20152757

If that doesn't fix it then the following steps definitely will:
http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20153248#manual

Return to “Ice TV”