Detecting AutoTimer Conflicts

Moderators: Gully, peteru

BobS
Apprentice

Detecting AutoTimer Conflicts

Post by BobS » Sat Dec 11, 2021 09:05

I've created 2 AutoTimers to record the Ashes cricket over the summer.
They're working well for Test 1 but I expect to get timer conflicts when the matches move into prime time.
Is there any file (eg a log) that would help me detect the conflicts?
I'd want to transfer the file to my PC and process it there.

(or any other suggestions)
Thanks
BobS
BobS
Wiz V2
Samsung Q95 TV
Harmony 600
Windows 11 Pro
Synology NAS DS220+
FingBox

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: Detecting AutoTimer Conflicts

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:50

The number of conflicts detected in a run will be shown in the AutoTimer job message when run via the GUI (GREEN/Save from the AutoTimer list).
You can enable "Show notification on conflicts", but you'll get nagged over and over every time it detects a conflict.
I think it's better to enable "Add timer as disabled on conflict", then periodically check the timer list for disabled timers (they'll show at the bottom of the timer list). The disabled timer will have a timer log entry "[AutoTimer] Timer disabled because of conflicts with {x}".
AutoTimer list>>MENU>>6/Setup

You can also enable debug logging and check the AutoTimer runs for - "[AutoTimer] conflict with {x} detected".

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Dec 12, 2021 14:35

If you want to process the file on your PC, you'll want to fetch /etc/enigma2/timers.xml from the Beyonwiz and process that.

As the extension suggests, it's an XML file, and the format is fairly obvious. Begin and end times are Unix timestamps in decimal form, number of seconds since 00:00:00 1 Jan 1970 UTC. The channel being recorded is the serviceref attribute: it's not trivial to decode to something sensible, though it contains the ONID, TSID and SID of the channel to record. Converting that to a channel name is non-trivial, and region-dependent.

I'd have though it should be starting to generate timers for the second test in Adelaide already.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

BobS
Apprentice

Post by BobS » Thu Dec 16, 2021 08:45

Thanks Geoff,
That's exactly what I was looking for.
Took me a while to find the Timer settings !! but it now does what I need.

Thanks PRL,
I've been processing the Timer.XML each day for a while (plus a few others) but it needed Geoff's settings to give me the data to see conflicts as they occur.

Thanks
BobS
BobS
Wiz V2
Samsung Q95 TV
Harmony 600
Windows 11 Pro
Synology NAS DS220+
FingBox

Return to “Tips & How to Guides V2”