Selective Backup of T4 Files

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Brianfw

Selective Backup of T4 Files

Post by Brianfw » Sat Jun 22, 2019 20:23

I have T4 machines in two locations on my LAN. I like to back up my network configuration settings (IP addresses, mount data, etc.) on each T4 so that, when something goes wrong, I can quickly restore my settings.

What I do NOT want to do is to back up my recording schedules. Thus, I need to select which files to back up, and which to omit.

Provision is made for selecting what you wish to back up, but the listed filenames give little clue about the function of the various files. How do I find out what those filenames mean so that I can back up just my network and mount configuration data?
TP-Link Modem/Router
ASUS Gigabit LAN
Sony KDL-55EX630 TV
Samsung UA40C7000 TV
Beyonwiz T4 (Qty 2)
Denon AVR-X1100W Receiver/Amp
Logitech Harmony Ultimate One RC

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: Selective Backup of T4 Files

Post by MrQuade » Sat Jun 22, 2019 20:46

Brianfw wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 20:23
What I do NOT want to do is to back up my recording schedules. Thus, I need to select which files to back up, and which to omit.
There is no harm in backing up the timers. Any old timers that have already expired will just automatically go away when the backup is restored.

If you really want to customise the backup, then you need to untick the entry for /etc/enigma2

You then need to tick every file within /etc/enigma2 except for the timers.xml and autotimer.xml files.

Note that by doing this, any new files created within /etc/enigma2 will not be backed up unless you manually tick those on subsequent backups too. Its fairly rare that new files get created in there, so it's not a big risk, but some plugins store their own config files in there, and may be missed.

Also note that restoring this backup on an already configured system will not overwrite any timers or autotimers that have been created.

All your bouquets, epg, GUi settings and those other files will still be backed up.

Just FYI too, you have posted this question in the V2 section, but your question was regarding the T4. The same information applies to both machines, so its not a big deal.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Return to “Tips & How to Guides V2”