EPG Favourites Default Not "Sticking"

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Jan
Master

EPG Favourites Default Not "Sticking"

Post by Jan » Fri Mar 22, 2024 16:14

Hi Everyone! Long time, no visit!!

For years my EPG has defaulted to my Favourites Bouquet. Now, a few days ago, for no reason that I can ascertain, it had begun defaulting to the Terrestrial Bouquet every night when I turned on the V2. I would reset it to Favourites by the normal fashion (from live TV of a channel within the Favourites Bouquet>Favourites>Favourites>zapping to a channel within the Bouquet. That would work, and from then on it would stay on Favourites, even if I put Wiz into standby, and turned back on again. However the next day, it would default back to Terrestrial again!! It was doing my head in, until it occured to me that it happened after EPG-Refresh had run. I normally have that run around 5.30pm, and then usually turn on V2 for the evenings viewing around 6pm. Once I realised that, I tried running EPG-Refresh manually, and every time back it went to Terrestrial. It would be very rarely over the years that I had gone into EPG-Refresh settings, and definitely not recently, whereby I might have changed anything to cause this issue. I did go in, and had a look through the settings, and I can't see anything that could interfere with the default EPG Bouquet.

The only thing that has happened out of the ordinary in the last week or two is that I lost my wifi connection and needed to reboot to get it back. I'm not sure whether it happened immediately after that or not. I have again re-booted a couple of times hoping everything would return to normal, but no luck! So, does anyone have any ideas? I was going to delete EPG-Refresh and re-install, but thought I would ask here before I did that. I know it is very easy just to use Prev/Next to go between Bouquets, but it is just annoying when something that had been ok for years, suddenly stops working as it should! :? :?
Regards
Jan

prl
Wizard God

Re: EPG Favourites Default Not "Sticking"

Post by prl » Sat Mar 23, 2024 09:33

After going to standby and switching on again, does the PVR also always go to showing the same channel as well as returning to the Terrestrial TV LCN bouquet, instead of staying on the channel you were previously viewing?

If so, you may have set that channel (the one that it returns to) as being the startup channel, and that startup channel is one that's in Terrestrial TV LCN, but not in your Favourites bouquet.

To check this, go to standby, and then power on again. press FAV to get the channel list, then MENU. If the menu item against the "2" button icon shows "Stop using as startup service", then what I've described is most likely the cause of your problem. When you select "Stop using as startup service" from the menu, it will return to the channel list. If you press MENU again, that menu entry should have changed to "Set as startup service".

That should fix the problem if it's what I've described at the beginning of the post.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:41

Thanks for responding Peter. However, that's not the problem. Because it only happens after EPG-Refresh has run, I didn't think it would be, but did as you said just to make sure. I didn't have a "2" button, but the "1" button said Set as start up service. Actually, for a quick minute there, I thought it had resolved itself overnight because when I first powered up, the EPG was on Favourites. But then I remembered that unlike most times when I first turn it on, EPG-Refresh hadn't run yet. So, again, just to be certain, I ran it manually, and then as expected I was back to Terrestrial!! Do you think un-installing EPG-Refresh and re-installing will help?

I just think it is really strange because everything has been running perfectly for years, and so I have had no need to ever go into any settings or change anything. So for this to just suddenly start happening is weird. :? :?
Regards
Jan

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Mar 23, 2024 13:43

Jan wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:41
Because it only happens after EPG-Refresh has run,
How have you configured EPGRefresh?

Do you set it to scan your Favourites bouquet, or do you have it set to scan your Terrestrial bouquet?

Do you have it set to use "fake recording" mode instead of "zap" mode?
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 15:21

MrQuade wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 13:43
Jan wrote:

Do you set it to scan your Favourites bouquet, or do you have it set to scan your Terrestrial bouquet?

Set to Favourites!
EPG.JPG
EPG.JPG (121.49 KiB) Viewed 82 times
Regards
Jan

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 15:30

MrQuade wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 13:43
Jan wrote:

Sorry, forgot your second question!
EPG2.JPG
Regards
Jan

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Mar 23, 2024 15:39

Jan wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 15:30

Use fake recording.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 16:29

MrQuade wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 15:39
Jan wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 15:30

Use fake recording.
Nope, still Terrestrial! The original setting I had was what I have always had, without issue! It has always visibly cycled through all the services in my Favourites Bouquet while refreshing.
Regards
Jan

blip
Master

Post by blip » Sat Mar 23, 2024 18:11

Try deselecting Inherit AutoTimer. If you have added an autotimer on a channel that's not in favourites that setting will cause that channel to be added to EPGRefresh.

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Sat Mar 23, 2024 18:54

blip wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 18:11
Try deselecting Inherit AutoTimer. If you have added an autotimer on a channel that's not in favourites that setting will cause that channel to be added to EPGRefresh.

blip, you win the prize!! :D :D I was ready to discount your suggestion, as I "always" set my Autotimers from the Favourites Bouquet. However, I am leaving to go on a trip to Japan on Tuesday, and a couple of weeks ago I saw a promo for a "coming soon" second series of Alone Australia! So I set a manual Timer so I would get it if it started while I was away. I had completely forgotten about that. It starts next week, so is now showing in the EPG. So sometime in the last couple of days I had set the Autotimer via EPG as usual! But after reading your post, the brain started ticking over, and I did wonder if I had set anything up already that wasn't at this point in the EPG. So I looked at my Autotimers, and there were 2 for Alone! And yes, the one I had set up manually was mistakenly set for SBS One, which isn't in my Favourites, not SBS OneHD!! Deleted that timer, ran EPG-Refresh and bingo! Back to Favourites Bouquet in EPG! Thank you so much. I was tunnel-visioned over this, and was fiddling and testing theories when I should have been packing!! :roll: :roll:

Thank you also to Peter and MrQuade for your suggestions!
Regards
Jan

Return to “General Topics V2”