Unwanted program recorded not in timer list. schedule

Moderators: Gully, peteru

The Old Man
Master

Unwanted program recorded not in timer list. schedule

Post by The Old Man » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:33

When I go to my media button to see that I recorded last night I see a program that I don't recall setting.

I note the time and station of this recording was made and go to my timer list I can see other complainted timers but this one isn't on the list,

I also look at a list of Auto timers and it's not on there either. I believe this thing has happened before but I would never found out why and where I can go to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Any ideas?

netmask
Wizard

Re: Unwanted program recorded not in timer list. schedule

Post by netmask » Fri Sep 22, 2023 08:33

Maybe the station made a last minute change of program? Check a program guide.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:50

It wasn't the last minute changed to the program guide the same thing has happened before, I think the more likely explanation occurred from a time when we are watching a program and I get the spiky well which only lasts for a short time not the longer time that you see when you have to reboot.

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Mon Nov 13, 2023 21:01

I have yet another appearing on the timer list that I could not recall requesting. I tried to delete it from the EPG but even once it was selected for deleting it would not so so.

Even after after rebooting it still appears.

Is there some other way to get rid of this problem?

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Mon Nov 13, 2023 22:38

Could you provide (or at least have a look at yourself) your /etc/enigma2/timers.xml file? At the least it will show if it's coming from an autotimer. If you have network access you can download the file via http://beyonwizv2/file?file=/etc/enigma2/timers.xml.

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Tue Nov 14, 2023 14:20

I check and find that the to record list has the program listed. It is also in autotimer. I delete it from autotimer as well as list of programs to record. It should be totally gone but it isn't because I then I reboot and it back again.

When I click on the link on your email I get the opps message that it can't connect. I try again with the same results. Is this because the URL doesn't have the 's' in it?

Is there some other way to get this file open?

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Tue Nov 14, 2023 15:30

The Old Man wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 14:20
I check and find that the to record list has the program listed. It is also in autotimer. I delete it from autotimer as well as list of programs to record. It should be totally gone but it isn't because I then I reboot and it back again.
I don't use autotimers, so I'll defer that to someone else.
When I click on the link on your email I get the opps message that it can't connect. I try again with the same results. Is this because the URL doesn't have the 's' in it?
Possibly, if your browser is automatically redirecting http to https.
Is there some other way to get this file open?
If you don't mind the command line try curl -o timers.xml http://beyonwizv2/file?file=/etc/enigma2/timers.xml or view it on the box itself via Sources / Files. But there's no need if you've determined it's coming from an autotimer.

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Tue Nov 14, 2023 16:08

When I click the link you provided I get this screen. See Attached
Attachments
Error Message.JPG
Error Message.JPG (26.61 KiB) Viewed 242 times
Error Message.JPG
Error Message.JPG (26.61 KiB) Viewed 242 times

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Tue Nov 14, 2023 16:30

Hm, that either means the answer to "If you have network access" is no, you're not actually using a V2, or something's gone awry and it's not recognising the name.

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Tue Nov 14, 2023 17:56

I most definitely have a V2 that is working. I have fast internet all over the house but have never managed to get the internet on it to connect to OpenWebIf

I have tried several times to get the internet working and feel that I have gotten about 90% there. Every so often when I have time to waste I give it another go.

Seeing as there is no one locally to ask and the company seems to have fallen in into an abyss it's unlikely that things will change.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Tue Nov 14, 2023 18:21

If you go MENU > Information > Network you'll find the IP, try that instead of beyonwizv2. I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest.

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Sun Nov 19, 2023 13:21

Is there any other location other then the CEC setting's that are found on the bottom of the first list from the main menu that can start/stop rebooting?

I must have changed the settings 2 dozen times trying to just use one button press on the V2 remote to turn both the TV &V2 on/off? I know that this is possible because It used to work this way.

If I could possibly find the log would this question be answered there and if so how do I get to it?

Return to “General Topics V2”