V2 power up failing

Moderators: Gully, peteru

gawaterman
Master

V2 power up failing

Post by gawaterman » Fri Sep 15, 2023 15:48

Looks like my V2 is failing. After it has been in standby for a while it wont respond to the remote or the button on the front. I have to disconnect the power lead. After a re-power it all works fine until its somehow locks up. Any ideas how to fix it? Will have to try putting into Shutdown to see if that will work. Can it be setup to go to shutdown after and ICE recordings? Can it still startan Ice recordings if its in shutdown?

If I cant get it fixed I have 2 options
1.Replace it with my old T3.
2. Bring out my backup T4, but can the remote (Logitech 650) be setup to work with 2 T4,s next to each other?

IanL-S
Master

Re: V2 power up failing

Post by IanL-S » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:50

There are many possible explanations for what you are seeing. Possibilities include corrupted firmware - try reinstalling the latest firmware - then set up the V2 (do not retrieve saved settings as the may also be corrupt). Before doing that, you could try "reset to factory defaults".

Another possibility is that there is a problem with the file system on the HDD/SSD. Run a file system check - it is under Storage.

A third possibility is that the power supply if failing. If so, you need to get a replacement.
Enjoying an active retirement "playing" with my Toppys and now Beyonwiz.
T2, U4 and V2 controlled by IceTV
Various Toppys including TRF-2400, TRF-5300 and TF7100HDPVRt Plus
For help with your Toppy checkout the oztoppy forum and the oztoppy wiki.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:15

Tried the "reset to factory defaults" yesterday and it still seems to be working fine today so thanks for that tip IanL-S :D

IanL-S
Master

Post by IanL-S » Tue Sep 19, 2023 07:19

Thanks for letting us know - sound promising :D
Ian
Enjoying an active retirement "playing" with my Toppys and now Beyonwiz.
T2, U4 and V2 controlled by IceTV
Various Toppys including TRF-2400, TRF-5300 and TF7100HDPVRt Plus
For help with your Toppy checkout the oztoppy forum and the oztoppy wiki.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sun Sep 24, 2023 03:59

Just FYI, "reset to factory defaults" doesn't actually do what it says on the label. At best it replaces some, but not all, settings files with default ones.

The only proper way to get a clean firmware installation is to do full USB flash and not restore the settings when prompted.

But, if "reset to factory defaults" saved the day, then leave it there. No need to reflash the firmware if things are working.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Sun Sep 24, 2023 13:31

Good timing, the reset to factory defaults was working fine till last night, but then it failed again, so have just done the firmware re-install and see how that goes.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:38

Well that seems to have fixed it,been working fine for a few weeks now. Thanks for your advise. :D

Return to “General Topics V2”