PC not seeing Wiz

Moderators: Gully, peteru

anthonym
Apprentice

PC not seeing Wiz

Post by anthonym » Wed Sep 13, 2023 20:26

Hi,

I'm sure my PC used to be able to see the Wiz as a networked comp. It's been a very long time since I tried, but now when I look for the Wiz it isn't there. Any ideas on where to start trouble shooting?

Cheers
Anthony

IanL-S
Master

Re: PC not seeing Wiz

Post by IanL-S » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:14

More information is needed. On my Windows 11 Pro my V2 shows up under Network, and I can access the movie folder although it is rather slow - should be prompting for password but is not. You should also be able to access via FTP.

Up to about 2 weeks ago this did not happen, there was a recent update seem to remediate many issues with network access from Windows 11 - not sure if the same fix has happened with Windows 10. At the same time Windows stopped assigning drive letters to newly plugged-in USB drives - this may have been fixed with the update overnight.

Ian
Enjoying an active retirement "playing" with my Toppys and now Beyonwiz.
T2, U4 and V2 controlled by IceTV
Various Toppys including TRF-2400, TRF-5300 and TF7100HDPVRt Plus
For help with your Toppy checkout the oztoppy forum and the oztoppy wiki.

anthonym
Apprentice

Post by anthonym » Thu Sep 14, 2023 18:46

Thanks Ian,

My comp is a Windows 10 Home (Version 22H2). I'm sure on this comp 12 months ago the Wiz happily showed up under the Network tree. Nothing has changed except it all got put in storage for about 8 months and the computer has updated itself.

I'm not sure if I should be looking on the Wiz, the comp or both to find the problem???

IanL-S
Master

Post by IanL-S » Fri Sep 15, 2023 08:14

Unfortunately Windows, in particular Windows 10 and 11, has a habit of having updates stuff network discovery. Dose the unit appear as a multi-media devices?

If you want copy files from the Beyonwiz, try using ftp programs which use IP address of the Beyonwiz rather than device discovery. You could also try doing a temporary drive mapping, which again can use the Beyonwiz IP address. Or you could try entering the Beyonwiz IP address in the search bar. If the IP address is 192.168.10.10 you would do a search for \\192.168.10.10 or http:\\192.168.10.10.

Hope this helps solve your problem.
Enjoying an active retirement "playing" with my Toppys and now Beyonwiz.
T2, U4 and V2 controlled by IceTV
Various Toppys including TRF-2400, TRF-5300 and TF7100HDPVRt Plus
For help with your Toppy checkout the oztoppy forum and the oztoppy wiki.

raymondjpg
Guru

Post by raymondjpg » Fri Sep 15, 2023 09:16

anthonym wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 18:46
Thanks Ian,

My comp is a Windows 10 Home (Version 22H2). I'm sure on this comp 12 months ago the Wiz happily showed up under the Network tree. Nothing has changed except it all got put in storage for about 8 months and the computer has updated itself.

I'm not sure if I should be looking on the Wiz, the comp or both to find the problem???

Occasionally one or other of my T2 or U2 PVRs disappears from the Network tree of my Windows 11 22H2 PC. It is usually resolved by rebooting the PVR.

If the PVR is missing from the network tree, it should still be available via a web browser through OpenWebif. Just type the IP address of the PVR into the browser address bar and enter. If you have the correct IP address, and the PVR is physically networked, it should show up and you can reboot the box from that interface if you wish.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

anthonym
Apprentice

Post by anthonym » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:25

Thanks for the help Ian and Raymond.
I'm ashamed to say the "IT Crowd" problem solver (rebooting the Wiz) did the trick.......
I can hear Chris Dowd's voice loud and clear, admonishing me for my ignorance!

Return to “General Topics V2”