Another attempt to edit favorites list

Moderators: Gully, peteru

The Old Man
Master

Another attempt to edit favorites list

Post by The Old Man » Sun Aug 13, 2023 14:16

I have tried to edit this list several times without success.

This time I'm trying on the PC where it's my understading that I use OpenWebIf. I have looked at the settings information network section and copied down the web address.

This is where I get pop up window that asks me to log in buy using a user name and password. I'm certain that I don't have one and if I did it should be stored in password manager which it isn't. Is it possible to get into OpenWebIf this way?

Failing doing it this way would the following work. I take photo of all the favorites I wish to keep as well as scheduled recordings. I would then delete every existing favorite and recreate it the way I want it? Would this work? Or is it possible to create a second favorite list and the delete the original?
Attachments
Sign in window.JPG
Sign in window.JPG (19.12 KiB) Viewed 223 times

raj
Master

Re: Another attempt to edit favorites list

Post by raj » Sun Aug 13, 2023 16:34

The Old Man wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 14:16
I have tried to edit this list several times without success.

This time I'm trying on the PC where it's my understading that I use OpenWebIf. I have looked at the settings information network section and copied down the web address.

This is where I get pop up window that asks me to log in buy using a user name and password. I'm certain that I don't have one and if I did it should be stored in password manager which it isn't. Is it possible to get into OpenWebIf this way?

Failing doing it this way would the following work. I take photo of all the favorites I wish to keep as well as scheduled recordings. I would then delete every existing favorite and recreate it the way I want it? Would this work? Or is it possible to create a second favorite list and the delete the original?
Ok, I edit my lists using FTP and a text editor. The FTP client I use is FTP Commander.

For your server you use ftp://root:<password>@beyonwizt2/etc/enigma2/

Username is "root", you set the <password> in MENU>>Setup>>Network>>Password.

beyonwizt2 is what I have set my T2's name.

The FTP Port is 21

For the User, the UserID is anonymous

The password is as above.

Passive mode is ticked as is Save Password.

If all is well, you should see the folder and files on the right hand side. If not, you have not done anything to your system.

Copy the relevant files to your computer and save them as a set of master bouquets. Play around with copies so if things go weird, you have a set of master files to copy back.

It is then a case of keeping or moving or replacing lines. Just remember that apart from the comments in the header, Channel 1 is the next line after them. So if there is one header line, the entry for 1 is on line 2 and so on. You have to keep track of line numbers.

You have to be careful, and not everyone is suited to doing this,

As these files can be used by any Beyonwiz from the T series up, maybe we can have a repository for various regions for those who want to have channel numbers as the LCN making it easier to go from TV to other recorder to BW. Those wishing to use the files would still have to do the FTP bit anyway.
Last edited by raj on Sun Aug 13, 2023 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Another attempt to edit favorites list

Post by prl » Sun Aug 13, 2023 17:20

The Old Man wrote:

You are getting that popup because you have enabled MENU>Plugins>OpenWebif>Enable HTTP Authentication, which is disabled by default. If you want to use OpenWebif with that setting enabled, you need to set a password in MENU>Network>Password. There are other settings in MENU>Plugins>OpenWebif that also affect authentication to OpenWebif, but since you probably don't remember changing the HTTP Authentication, I'd guess you probably don't remember what other settings you may have changed there, either.

So, if HTTP Authentication is the only setting you changed in the OpenWebif settings, you can either disable Enable HTTP Authentication or you can use MENU>Network>Password to set a root password for your PVR. The default is that the root password cannot be matched for authentication purposes.

If you decide to leave HTTP Authentication enabled (and it's the only change you've made to OpenWebif authentication), you need to enter "root" for the username (without the quotes) in the popup, and enter the password you've set in the Password field.
The Old Man wrote:

It's possible to create another favourites list and delete the old one, but the green shortcut button for putting channels into a favourites list will only work for the favourites list called Favourites.

Why don't you want to edit the Favourites list using the facilities on the PVR? It's a bit clunky, but it's what I use.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “General Topics V2”