This solved all my V2 problems.

Moderators: Gully, peteru

tviz

This solved all my V2 problems.

Post by tviz » Mon Apr 17, 2023 13:43

After months of freezing, spinning wheels, stuttering playback, hard drive file list disappearing and other strange behaviour, all these problems are now history because of one change I made:

Ditched the external USB hard drive and swapped it for my NAS (Synology) on the local network. There is no longer a USB hard drive connected to the V2.

To my surprise, literally every problem I had with freezing and corrupted playback is now resolved. Previously I had tried different USB hard drives - mechanical, solid state, different brands,... re-formatted countless times, reset, restarted, re-flashed, re-everything... nothing worked to resolve the issues.

The last resort was removing the hard drive completely, and moving all the recording duties to my NAS, where the V2 performs flawlessly in recording and playback, without errors, without freezing. Maybe this can help others. My NAS is a basic setup with standard WD Red drives, not in RAID, just mounted normally.

prl
Wizard God

Re: This solved all my V2 problems.

Post by prl » Mon Apr 17, 2023 16:30

Sounds like it may have been a flaky USB drive.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

BigbobOz
Master

Re: This solved all my V2 problems.

Post by BigbobOz » Sat Apr 22, 2023 18:35

Don't know, he mentioned he tried different USB hard drives. Perhaps the port is no good.

I use my T4 as the back end for my V2 so have perhaps avoided the issue this way.

Return to “General Topics V2”