Deleting a recurring timer

Moderators: Gully, peteru

gvm
Apprentice

Deleting a recurring timer

Post by gvm » Fri Mar 03, 2023 00:32

I have previously set a timeslot to record at the same time everyday by using the V2 remote in conjunction with the beyonwiz epg. The segment in the epg shows with a red highlight and the only icon in the bottom right corner of the segment is a clock.
How do I delete the series recording? If with the segment selected I press the record button on the epg, a pop up menu appears. It gives me the option to add a timer (green button), add an autotimer (blue button) but no option to delete it.
TIA ... Greg
Beyonwiz V2
Eero 6 router
FTTP
OLED 55B6T tv

prl
Wizard God

Re: Deleting a recurring timer

Post by prl » Fri Mar 03, 2023 09:50

In live TV, press the TIMER button. In the timer list, scroll down to the timer you want to delete. Press RED Delete. Answer "yes" in the ""Do you really want to delete recording name?"" popup.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:14

I have a different type of Autotimer problem.

I have a couple of Autotimers that I now longer require and I go in to autotimer settings and delete it,

The next day I can look at what upcoming programs are set to be reorded and the same programs are still there as well as being highlighted on the EPG..

I have even tried selecting the same program from the EPG and get to the stage where it suggests that I can edit the timer. From this stage you can either change or delete timer and if I select delete I still find it on the list of programms to be recorded.

How do I stop this fom happening?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:21

I thought that when you deleted an AutoTimer, it offered you the option to delete any pending timers that it had created?

But once the AutoTimer has been deleted, if there are any timers it created left in the timer list, the easiest option is to delete them there.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

The Old Man
Master

Post by The Old Man » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:36

I might have 5 Autotimers. I select the upwanted one select it for deletion press yes to confirm. The autotimer list now shows 4 left on list.

The next day it's back on list of programs to be recorded and is highlited on EPG list.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:58

The Old Man wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:36
I select the upwanted one select it for deletion press yes to confirm.

When I delete an Autotimer, the popup has two "yes" options: "Yes, and delete all timers generated by this autotimer", and "Yes, but keep all timers generated by this autotimer". If I choose "Yes, and delete all timers generated by this autotimer", then all the timers generated by the Autotimer are deleted.

Do you see the "Yes, and delete all timers generated by this autotimer" option in the deletion popup?
The Old Man wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:36
The next day it's back on list of programs to be recorded and is highlited on EPG list.

Were the timers generated by the Autotimer you deleted deleted at the time you deleted the Autotimer? Did they go away, and then come back the following day, or were they never deleted?

I tested this on firmware version 20211010. If you aren't seeing the "Yes, and delete all timers generated by this autotimer" you may be running an older version of the firmware that doesn't have that option. You can check your firmware version in MENU>Information>About>Revision (from live TV).

But in any case, if the Autotimer has been deleted, and there are still timers that it generated in the timer list, the easiest way to remove them is by deleting them from the timer list.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

Return to “General Topics V2”