Rename bookmarks?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

BeeJay
Apprentice

Rename bookmarks?

Post by BeeJay » Sun Feb 05, 2023 17:44

Hello! Is it possible to rename saved bookmarks in the V2 media player from /device/path/to/folder to something more user friendly (while it still points to that file path, of course)?

I’ve tried all sorts of things but have not found a way to do it. Pressing MEDIA while in the Media player allows you to choose movie paths (with saved bookmarks listed at the bottom), but you can’t actually select any of the listed bookmarks to try to rename them, you can only add to them using the Blue button.

Also, can you turn off the Information window that pops up between movie files (i.e. after one ends and it starts playing the next one in the list. I have the media player set up as “Play Next”)? I tried Menu > Setup > System > GUI Setting > 1st Infobar time - and set it to 1 second (turning off does not appear to be an option) but the splash window still pops up for 5 seconds between movie files.

adoxa
Wizard

Re: Rename bookmarks?

Post by adoxa » Sun Feb 05, 2023 19:54

BeeJay wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 17:44
Hello! Is it possible to rename saved bookmarks in the V2 media player from /device/path/to/folder to something more user friendly (while it still points to that file path, of course)?
IIRC, in the Movie List, press MENU on the folder and create an alias (the bookmark will also use it). Actually, you should be able to do that from the bookmarks, too.

Also, can you turn off the Information window that pops up between movie files
I think it's Recording settings > Recording and playback > Display message before playing next movie

BeeJay
Apprentice

Post by BeeJay » Wed Feb 08, 2023 17:27

adoxa wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 19:54
IIRC, in the Movie List, press MENU on the folder and create an alias (the bookmark will also use it). Actually, you should be able to do that from the bookmarks, too.
I could not get that to work.

Pressing MENU in a movie list when on a folder that has already been bookmarked, the options are “Settings…”, “Remove Bookmark”, “Create directory”, “Sort..”, “On end of movie”, “Delete…” etc.

Renaming a bookmark is not an option, or creating an alias.
adoxa wrote:
I think it's Recording settings > Recording and playback > Display message before playing next movie
That worked, although it still shows the infobar at the bottom of the screen at the start of the movie for the time set in Settings, which is a minimum of 1 second.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Wed Feb 08, 2023 17:55

BeeJay wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 17:27
adoxa wrote:
I could not get that to work.
Ah, it's only available in the bookmarks, but same process: press MENU, create alias.

[I]t still shows the infobar at the bottom of the screen at the start of the movie for the time set in Settings, which is a minimum of 1 second.
I think that would be System > GUI settings > Show infobar on event change.

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Thu Feb 09, 2023 16:29

adoxa wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 17:55
BeeJay wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 17:27
[I]t still shows the infobar at the bottom of the screen at the start of the movie for the time set in Settings, which is a minimum of 1 second.
I think that would be System > GUI settings > Show infobar on event change.
No, it's not (I already had that turned off and I see the infobar on next movie). It might not have been worth the effort to prevent it (I was the one who added it, almost five years ago). I could perhaps have another look, if it really bothers you, but I wouldn't like to say when...

Return to “General Topics V2”