What's going on with support?

Moderators: Gully, peteru

emibel19
Apprentice

What's going on with support?

Post by emibel19 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 16:57

On 21 July, I received a V2, which turned out to be DOA (no video output).

After many contact attempts, I eventually received an email from Jai on 12 August, who told me to return it to an address in Woronora Heights, which I did via express post the next day.

On 17 August, I got another email from Jai, saying he had replaced the main board, it was working fine and he would return it after 24 hours of testing.

I have heard nothing further, despite sending 2 further emails.

I appreciate Sydney has been in lockdown, but I assume Jai was working from home and am very concerned about what's happening.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Malcolm
V2 HDMI
Hisense 55Q8 TV

gawaterman
Master

Re: What's going on with support?

Post by gawaterman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:59

Doesn't sound good, I received my V2 in late July and its been working great till I turned it on this morning and have the same problem as you.
(no video output).
Have just submitted a support request so hoping I don't have to wait weeks for reply.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 13:02

btw, did hit the tv out button to see if that fixed it.
Also tried re-installing firmware but no success
Dammit, was really enjoying the V2, so much more responsive navigating menus than my T3.
Also using the remote far better than t3, which needed to be pointed exactly at the box whereas the V2 just pointed near the box.

emibel19
Apprentice

Post by emibel19 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 19:47

@gawaterman,

Sorry for the late reply, I just got around to checking the forum.

I returned the unit and the mainboard was replaced. Took a while to get it back due to postal holdups due to covid. It's working fine now.
Malcolm
V2 HDMI
Hisense 55Q8 TV

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:51

Been 2 weeks now since my message to support and apart from what looks like an automated reply I have heard nothing.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Fri Sep 17, 2021 15:14

Another week gone and still no contact :? :!:

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Sep 17, 2021 18:17

I can't be sure, but I think the current NSW COVID situation has a lot to do with this. As far as I know Beyonwiz operations are conducted from areas that have some of the most severe lockdowns in NSW.

Maybe you are not aware, but some of us are finding it pretty tough to get through the day, home schooling children, giving our partners a chance to get some work done, feeding the family, dealing with health issues and so on.

I can't speak for Beyonwiz staff, but my response to RUOK? is NO, I'M NOT OK!
My bucket is empty.

I know that we all still expect businesses to do their utmost to satisfy our needs and conduct themselves in a professional and competitive manner. But, when things don't go well we can choose to adopt an enabling and co-operative attitude, rather than be negative. A simple thing, like a spam filter somewhere in the chain, can cause a major issue. If you have used the same mechanism to seek help and it has not worked, perhaps it would be wise to try alternative means. For example, if you are not getting responses when using a Yahoo email address, try using a GMail email address. I'm not saying it will fix everything, but maybe it will. :shock:

The reason I write this is because I have seen how the people behind Beyonwiz operate through the thick and thin over the last couple of decades. They are certainly not fly-by-night operation that take your cash and leave you in the cold. Rest assured that I don't have same opinions about other companies that operate in the same market space, whether those are Beyonwiz competitors or partners.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Sat Sep 18, 2021 15:37

I can see how covid could slow things like freight times down, but taking 3 weeks to reply to an email request and sending me an address to return my faulty V2 back to, is a bit frustrating too.
I did receive a response to my 1st request (possibly automated) , so I don't think the email address is the problem.
Just as a matter of interest is Beyonwiz just run by Jai, or are there other people employed?

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Sep 18, 2021 17:18

I've already made a suggestion about how to get Beyonwiz's attention: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14837&p=196592#p196592
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Sat Sep 18, 2021 17:46

Already done that but no response.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:28

4 weeks now and still no contact. Does anyone know of other contact possibilities, or if Jai has gone on holidays/ill or something else?

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:51

Finally got a reply and V2 has been sent back for repairs/replacement.
Meanwhile bought a 2nd hand T4 and enjoying that.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:29

That was a marathon!
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

stephenh
Master

Post by stephenh » Thu Sep 30, 2021 22:55

Hmmm … I’m not finding that particularly confidence-inspiring in terms of continuing to “evangelise” Beyonwiz purchases amongst my friends/family/colleagues who ask (and I know I’ve generated quite a few sales over the years as many of us on here no doubt have).
Hope everything is ok with Jai and the situation rectifies itself.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Thu Sep 30, 2021 23:13

Well, in the end I'm happy now, in fact its worked out well. Because I was back on the Beyonwiz forums I saw the post about a T4 for sale, which is something I had regularly checked for on Facebook and Gumtree, bought it and and very happy with it. As for support who knows the reason, maybe Jai was on holidays, maybe sick or in hospital, family problems, but looks like he is back so that's the main thing.

wozzzzza
Master

Post by wozzzzza » Sat Oct 23, 2021 16:06

still don't know what is soo hard about sitting on your butt at night time in front of the tv answering support emails.
they take your cash fast enough and send the stuff but after sales support is garbage.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23

Received an email from Jai saying he is sending a replacement for my V2, so good to know support is still working.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Mon Nov 01, 2021 13:34

DISASTER: Received it back today, hooked it up and was trying to setup the hdd, but it couldn't see it so I did a format, not realizing that the remote was simultaneously connecting to my T4, so just wiped out about 3.25 Tb of all my recordings over the last couple of years.
Gutted :cry: :cry: :cry:

wozzzzza
Master

Post by wozzzzza » Wed Nov 03, 2021 13:20

gawaterman wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23
Received an email from Jai saying he is sending a replacement for my V2, so good to know support is still working.
how long did that take????

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Nov 03, 2021 13:37

wozzzzza wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 13:20
gawaterman wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:23
how long did that take????

I believe it's detailed in this topic -
27/8 ticket lodged
30/9 ticket reply, V2 returned to Beyonwiz
28/10 ticket reply, V2 to be replaced
1/11 replacement V2 arrives

wozzzzza
Master

Post by wozzzzza » Wed Nov 03, 2021 13:54

damn atrocious service. making me start looking for alternatives.
if mine takes that long i may be forced to goto the office of fair trading for advice.

velovibes
Apprentice

Post by velovibes » Sun Nov 14, 2021 18:49

I am also having a very poor customer service experience. I ordered my V2 with quad tuner back in July and received it without the additional tuners which would be sent at a later date, when they are in stock again. I have waited patiently to no avail and then followed up by email to Beyonwiz sales on Oct 8. Absolutely no response from Beyonwiz. I have followed up again today but I am disappointed that I haven't heard anything from Beyonwiz to receive something I paid for back in July.

Gully

Post by Gully » Sun Nov 14, 2021 19:21

velovibes wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 18:49
I am also having a very poor customer service experience. I ordered my V2 with quad tuner back in July and received it without the additional tuners which would be sent at a later date, when they are in stock again. I have waited patiently to no avail and then followed up by email to Beyonwiz sales on Oct 8. Absolutely no response from Beyonwiz. I have followed up again today but I am disappointed that I haven't heard anything from Beyonwiz to receive something I paid for back in July.
Not sure about the emails but looking at the shop site it is still saying out of stock for the tuners.
Cheers
Gully

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Nov 14, 2021 21:43

Gully wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 19:21
Not sure about the emails but looking at the shop site it is still saying out of stock for the tuners.

Yes, and it still states -
"Backorders will be shipped Mid/Late July 2021."
We're 4 months past that time - not a good effort in keeping customers updated.
Then there's this -
mkwilson wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 14:05
I recently purchased a V2 + Dual Tuner, which arrived withot the tuner. I emailed support and got a response saying that they had earlier sent me an email notifying that the new Dual Tuners do not presently work with the V2 (and may never work), ...
So possibly they may never come back into stock.

mkwilson
Master

Post by mkwilson » Mon Nov 15, 2021 06:42

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 21:43
mkwilson wrote:
I recently purchased a V2 + Dual Tuner, which arrived withot the tuner. I emailed support and got a response saying that they had earlier sent me an email notifying that the new Dual Tuners do not presently work with the V2 (and may never work), ...
Yup. The story is that when the new batch of Dual Tuners arrived from WinTV, they would not work with the V2. This is the relevant section of the email reply that I received (21 October) when querying the missing tuner (verbatim quote):

"We discovered that the new shipment of Dongles from WinTV has a new chipset and no longer worked with the V2’s, we are still waiting on new software from them to flash and hopefully fix the issue, there is a chance though that this may not be achievable and the dongles no longer work with our hardware, if this is the case we can offer you a refund or part refund and supply you with the triple tuner, we are hoping though that the software will correct the issue and we can just send you the dongle when ready. "

I'm not holding my breath, and have ordered a second hand Play TV tuner to see how that goes. Thankfully my T4 is still working (and switched to prioritise C/D tuners).

Brainz
Apprentice

Post by Brainz » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:13

I purchased my V2 with dual tuner + USB hub back in Feb of this year and am still waiting for the hub after 9 months.
My V2 power supply died some months ago and I asked support for details on the replacement process and heard nothing back. It is currently ( :shock: ) running off a third party brick.

I have dropped a reminder to BW about both cases but have had no response.

Not awe inspiring customer support is it?

Must be time for a gentle reminder to be sent again! :x
V2 1TB (19.3.20211010) w/ Hauppage Dual Tuner
T2 500GB (17.5.20190207) w/ Bluey USB Tuner
DP-P1 500Gb (Retired)

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:27

mkwilson wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 06:42
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 21:43
mkwilson wrote:
Yup. The story is that when the new batch of Dual Tuners arrived from WinTV, they would not work with the V2. This is the relevant section of the email reply that I received (21 October) when querying the missing tuner (verbatim quote):

"We discovered that the new shipment of Dongles from WinTV has a new chipset and no longer worked with the V2’s, we are still waiting on new software from them to flash and hopefully fix the issue, there is a chance though that this may not be achievable and the dongles no longer work with our hardware, if this is the case we can offer you a refund or part refund and supply you with the triple tuner, we are hoping though that the software will correct the issue and we can just send you the dongle when ready. "

I'm not holding my breath, and have ordered a second hand Play TV tuner to see how that goes. Thankfully my T4 is still working (and switched to prioritise C/D tuners).

Can't help but wonder if the V2 would accept two of the Bluey tuners? Has anyone tried that? Would be messy to set up the aerial feeds, etc. but I was surprised to find the U4 accepted both the Playstation tuner and the Bluey so I ended up with 6 tuners.

The cleanest option is the secondhand Playstation tuner for those desperate for 4 tuners. Of course, that doesn't address the sales/service issue. Jai was quite responsive in the past so I am concerned if COVID lockdowns have caused some issues there.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

IanL-S
Master

Post by IanL-S » Tue Nov 16, 2021 14:26

Two Bluey tuners should work; I have 2 Sony Playstation Tuners attached to my V2 (only 3 of the 4 tuners are recognised but 5 tuners is al that I need - on my U4 I managed to get all 4 tuners recognised).

Ian
Enjoying an active retirement "playing" with my Toppys and now Beyonwiz.
T2, U4 and V2 controlled by IceTV
Various Toppys including TRF-2400, TRF-5300 and TF7100HDPVRt Plus
For help with your Toppy checkout the oztoppy forum and the oztoppy wiki.

mkwilson
Master

Post by mkwilson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 14:33

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:27

Can't help but wonder if the V2 would accept two of the Bluey tuners? Has anyone tried that? Would be messy to set up the aerial feeds, etc. but I was surprised to find the U4 accepted both the Playstation tuner and the Bluey so I ended up with 6 tuners.
Well, I have a 4 port powered USB hub, so when the Playstation tuner arrives (and /or the 'Bluey') I guess I'll find out. I'm not stressed if the Play TV thing works.
Paul_oz53 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:27
The cleanest option is the secondhand Playstation tuner for those desperate for 4 tuners. Of course, that doesn't address the sales/service issue. Jai was quite responsive in the past so I am concerned if COVID lockdowns have caused some issues there.
Jai's response to my query when I received the box was quite fast (within 3 or 4 hours of my sending the query). That query was to the 'sales' email.

I suspect that people have had problems after lodging 'support' tickets.

mkwilson
Master

Post by mkwilson » Tue Nov 16, 2021 16:41

IanL-S wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 14:26
Two Bluey tuners should work; I have 2 Sony Playstation Tuners attached to my V2 (only 3 of the 4 tuners are recognised but 5 tuners is al that I need - on my U4 I managed to get all 4 tuners recognised).

Ian
Ta. As long as I get 1 Play TV tuner working it'll be fine for my needs.

wozzzzza
Master

Post by wozzzzza » Thu Nov 18, 2021 16:56

this is beyond a joke, as soon as i get some time over the next few days im lodging a complaint with the ACCC im stuck without a working recorder for soo long now and still under warranty.
who wants to join me in complaints??
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/compl ... -complaint

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Nov 18, 2021 17:25

The ACCC doesn't itself handle individual consumer complaints, but they do monitor them in general and will give advice about what action you might take:
Contact the ACCC for information about your consumer rights and obligations, and possible courses of action you might take. While we don’t resolve individual complaints, we will use the information you provide to help us understand what issues are causing the most harm to Australian business and consumers, and where to focus our compliance and enforcement efforts.
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consu ... p#the-accc
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

wozzzzza
Master

Post by wozzzzza » Fri Nov 19, 2021 09:38

anything to get my recorder working is ok with me.

gawaterman
Master

Post by gawaterman » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:09

Not sure if this was just a fluke but I found after waiting for 4 weeks waiting for a response after submitting a request to the tech support , I then sent an email to" shop@beyonwiz.com.au" and got an almost immediate reply.

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 15:10

Hi,
wozzzzza wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 16:56
this is beyond a joke, as soon as i get some time over the next few days im lodging a complaint with the ACCC im stuck without a working recorder for soo long now and still under warranty.
who wants to join me in complaints??
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/compl ... -complaint
You should contact your state Consumer Affairs.

I've previously contacted CA dept. in NSW & Victoria, they both replied promptly. Not about the same problem, and not about BW.

dRdoS7

wozzzzza
Master

Post by wozzzzza » Sun Dec 05, 2021 16:34

well 2 weeks ago i got sent a tracking number, still waiting for it. took a week for aust post to collect it from them, hopefully get it later this week.

nexus7
Master

Post by nexus7 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:54

Hi Wozzzzza
Have you heard back from either Beyonwiz or Dept of Fair Trading.
I have a V2 that was faulty from day 1. (One or more tuners not working I think)
I have lodged many requests to Beyonwiz but have had no replies.
I have lodged a complaint with the Dept of Fair Trading - I have not heard back yet - but early days.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:13

The Beyonwiz shop is showing the V2 as "out of stock" with no option to back order.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

kevkochy
Apprentice

Post by kevkochy » Sun Aug 21, 2022 17:22

emibel19 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 16:57
On 21 July, I received a V2, which turned out to be DOA (no video output).

After many contact attempts, I eventually received an email from Jai on 12 August, who told me to return it to an address in Woronora Heights, which I did via express post the next day.

On 17 August, I got another email from Jai, saying he had replaced the main board, it was working fine and he would return it after 24 hours of testing.

I have heard nothing further, despite sending 2 further emails.

I appreciate Sydney has been in lockdown, but I assume Jai was working from home and am very concerned about what's happening.

Does anyone have any ideas?
emibel19
I received my V2 in January 2022 and it was working great for a couple of weeks then Tuner A went. I too had the same issues with you trying to contact someone for support and I finally got an email from "Jai" requesting I send my faulty V2 back to Woronora Heights and he would send a replacement. That was on 22 March 2022 and I returned the faulty the next day, 23rd March by registered AusPost with signatures.

It is now near the end of August and I am still waiting for something from Jai letting me know what is happening. Unfortunately by me sending the item back for repair, I am now without the V2 and have not been refunded the purchase price. I am thinking I should have hung onto the item and just work with a single tuner rather than sending it back to Jai where I now have nothing and down a few hundred bucks.

I hope you have better luck with a successful resolution. I am going to keep trying to get Jai to reply to my emails and fault tickets, one day I might be lucky.

emibel19
Apprentice

Post by emibel19 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 17:44

I just came back to the forum after a long absence after getting an email about your post.

As I said last Sep 4 (good grief that's nearly a year ago!) I got the repaired unit back OK.

It's been working fine ever since, including with an old Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD USB Dongle, which I originally I used on my PC.

Sorry to see all the issues you and others have had since. Good luck.
Malcolm
V2 HDMI
Hisense 55Q8 TV

Return to “General Topics V2”