Newbie Questions

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Kreisler
Apprentice

Newbie Questions

Post by Kreisler » Sun Sep 20, 2020 21:36

Hi all,

I have tried searching the forum for these questions.

1) My timer recordings currently record to a folder on my NAS called Recordings. I get the following error occasionally "Write error while recording. Disk full? The NAS isn't full I have cleared out all the trash cans. The only reference to this error I have found in the forum is related to not formatting the HDD if using a USB HDD or similar. I have 3 NFS mounts in Network>Mount Manager>Mountpoints management

TELETRAAN1_Movies 192.168.1.3 (NAS address) active/inactive is ticked
TELETRAAN1_Recordings 192.168.1.3 (NAS address) active/inactive is ticked
TELETRAAN1_Shows 192.168.1.3 (NAS address) active/inactive is ticked

2) Why when I have the folder setup below in Setup>TV>Recording settings do the timer recordings get recorded in the movies folder not the recordings folder as specified. If I set the default Movies folder to Recordings the timer recording go to this folder?

Default movie location /media/autofs/TELETRAAN1_Movies/
Timer recording location set to /media/autofs/TELETRAAN1_Recordings/
Instant recording location /media/autofs/TELTRAAN1_Recordings/

3) What is the recommended method for watching a currently recording program from the beginning? e.g. The recording program is 20mins in and I want to start watching from the start?

I have tried rewinding it to the start, as I have with my previous PVR a Humax T1000 but this doesn't seem to work. It goes back to the start but the file doesn't continue to grow it is only ever the duration from where I started the rewind from. I have noticed that 2 files get created in the recordings folder one that is the duration of where I pressed record from. The other I can start playing and fast forward ads but when I catch to what is being recorded it seems to drop out and go back to live TV not just continue on. I reckon I loose about 2 or 3 mins of the program. Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks in advance

peteru
Uber Wizard

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by peteru » Sun Sep 20, 2020 21:52

Kreisler wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 21:36
I get the following error occasionally "Write error while recording. Disk full?"

That misleading error message has been corrected in recent beta firmware versions. It now reads Write error while recording.

The most likely explanation would be that there is some kind of a network error that causes writes to fail. This could potentially be a transient error that comes good again. Does your NAS put any of it's drives or network interfaces in sleep mode or use any other power saving modes that could cause delays or protocol renegotiations?

Kreisler wrote:
3) What is the recommended method for watching a currently recording program from the beginning? e.g. The recording program is 20mins in and I want to start watching from the start?

If it is already recording, just press the MEDIA button, find it in the list and play from there.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Sep 20, 2020 22:08

Kreisler wrote:
2) Why when I have the folder setup below in Setup>TV>Recording settings do the timer recordings get recorded in the movies folder not the recordings folder as specified. If I set the default Movies folder to Recordings the timer recording go to this folder?

Default movie location /media/autofs/TELETRAAN1_Movies/
Timer recording location set to /media/autofs/TELETRAAN1_Recordings/
Instant recording location /media/autofs/TELTRAAN1_Recordings/
In the Beyonwiz world (or more accurately the enigma2 world), the term "movie" is more or less equivalent to a recording file.

The movie folder is basically the default location for a lot of things, and is set as the Media Player's Home folder.

You are best off just setting the movie location to your recording folder, and leaving the second two options as "use movie folder".

Kreisler wrote:

I have tried rewinding it to the start, as I have with my previous PVR a Humax T1000 but this doesn't seem to work. It goes back to the start but the file doesn't continue to grow it is only ever the duration from where I started the rewind from. I have noticed that 2 files get created in the recordings folder one that is the duration of where I pressed record from. The other I can start playing and fast forward ads but when I catch to what is being recorded it seems to drop out and go back to live TV not just continue on. I reckon I loose about 2 or 3 mins of the program. Is this the expected behavior?
As PeterU says, you need to open the Media Player and play the recording file in progress (it should be highlighted as being in progress). The Beywonwiz doesn't support just changing to the channel that is recording then stepping straight back into the recording like the old Beyonwiz DP series boxes, and by the sounds of it, the Humax PVRs.

I don't know why you had that odd behaviour with the double recording files unless the recording was an instant recording. Instand recordings are......complicated. If you select the "save current event" option, then the Wiz does quite a few behind the scenes gymnastics to save the timeshift buffer, than tack a timer onto the end. Usually, if you just let the Wiz do its thing, the two files will be stuck together properly once the show and the recording time has ended.

There will be a bit of a delay in stitching recordings back together if the timeshift folder and the recording folder are on different drives too since data will need to be copied around.

If there is just a regular timer recording going, then the Wiz should just be able to step back into whatever timeshift buffer you have built up through live viewing, and the timeshift buffer will continue to grow in size as you'd expect it to.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Mon Oct 05, 2020 21:49

Hi again,

So I thought I had fixed the dreaded "disk maybe full error" by turning off HDD hibernation. I have also checked that the NIC in the NAS isn't going to sleep. It doesn't have a setting I could find to either turn this on or off therefore i assume it doesn't. It s a synology DS213J is there anything else I should be checking?

Cheers

Andrew

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Oct 05, 2020 22:56

Are you saying the "disk full" error is still occurring? Is it infrequent or regular?
Could it be the result of a transient network issue?

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Tue Oct 06, 2020 09:46

Yeah it is still happening not a as regularly though. Hmm transient network issue maybe my 8 port to link gig bit switch is nearly full one port left. It doesn't really do a great deal of work but might be worth spreading the load put to my router as well. I figured it was best to have everything on the one box maybe not.

Cheers Andrew

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:16

Kreisler wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 09:46
Hmm transient network issue maybe my 8 port to link gig bit switch is nearly full one port left. It doesn't really do a great deal of work but might be worth spreading the load put to my router as well.
It is highly unlikely to be a throughout issue on your switch. You'd have to be pushing some extremely high data loads through even a common domestic switch to be experiencing any problems there.

It's another matter if your network is hooked up incorrectly though. Network loops or other strangeness can result in packet storms that could definitely overload your hardware. It doesn't sound like this is the case on the surface of your description though.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Tue Oct 06, 2020 15:37

Switch capacity should not be a problem. You should be able to populate all ports on a switch and expect it to work reliably. Worst case scenario, your traffic will slow down when you push the switch to it's limit. That assumes a properly functioning switch. Most modern switches (i.e. with GigE support) use commodity hardware that has acceptable behaviour, including flow control, even on budget hardware. The cheaper switches may not have much memory for store-and-forward buffers and may use a bus with limited bandwidth. On such switches you may see the aggregate performance limited by the switch bus, but under typical home use you should not see any issues. Recording or streaming an FTA recording, even HD, will not exceed about 20Mbit/s out of the available 1,000Mbit/s.

Blog.

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Thu Oct 08, 2020 05:30

I agree I am not confident that the TP link 8 port SW is overloaded in anyway. My network is a pretty simple standard setup really. At the very least moving both the PVR and the NAS on to the WiFi router gige switch may eliminate the TP Link SW as a cause. My setup is fair simple and pretty stand I would have thought.

I run a standard NBN HFC NTU short Ethernet cable to the WAN port on an Asus RT-68U, gige LAN port to the TP Link gige SW. TV, BLU Ray/Media player, Foxtel Go, PVR, Sono connect and NAS all connected to the TP Link SW.

I have now moved the PVR and NAS to the Asus Wi-Fi router and left everything else as it was. No special setup has been done on the WiFi router is terms of IP config other than setting a static IP for the NAS and PVR. Just typing this I know I the Wi-Fi router is set as the DHCP server. I have always assumed the TPlink SW didn't do DHCP as there is no Web front end to turn it on or off. Maybe a DHCP issue, that makes no sense either as both the NAS and PVR have static IP's.

Perhaps time for some wire shark type monitoring and ideas on how to set this up and what in wire shark to monitor. I have never really played around with woreshark other than a basic capture and send the logs off to a third party vendor at work.

Any other thoughts from more suitably knowledgeable network types.

Cheers Andrew

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:04

If you want to analyse network traffic, you'll need to install tcpdump on the Beyonwiz. You can capture the traffic at the time you encounter problems and then load the pcap files into Wireshark for analysis. opkg install tcpdump should install tcpdump. Make sure you save the capture data somewhere with enough space. Try not to fill your flash memory.

Before you go down that path, you may want to do some basic look-see from the command line. Have a look at the output of mount , dmesg , nfsstat --all and cat /proc/net/nfsfs/ to see if there are any clues there.

You may want to post the output of cat /etc/auto.network, just to see how the mounts have been configured.

Blog.

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Sun Oct 11, 2020 19:34

Hi Peter,

I need a bit more guidance on how amd were to type the command line syntax you are talking about. Can you help out?

Cheers Andrew

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Oct 11, 2020 20:03

Kreisler wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 19:34
I need a bit more guidance on how amd were to type the command line syntax you are talking about. Can you help out?

To simply show the contents of file /etc/auto.network, then an on-screen way is to use File Commander to view the file and you can take a screenshot with OpenWebif (an alternative is to use the ShootYourScreen plugin).

To get to a command prompt on the Wiz to be able to enter commands from a computer, you'll need to first set a login password for the "root" user in Setup>>Network>>Password.
Then, either enable Windows telnet client, or download a better telnet client (lots of folk use PuTTY).
Using the telnet client, access the Wiz. Use "root" for the user name and enter the password you set for the root user account.
Enter the commands as detailed by peteru.

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Mon Oct 12, 2020 15:28

Hi all,

Would a better alternative be to just use a usb attached HDD for recordings and timeshift. I am currently using an SD card plugged into the back of the wiz.

Thanks Andrew.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Oct 12, 2020 16:13

Kreisler wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 15:28
Would a better alternative be to just use a usb attached HDD for recordings and timeshift. I am currently using an SD card plugged into the back of the wiz.

Why not just show us the contents of the /etc/auto.network file for a start? Navigate File Commander (MENU>>Sources / Files) through "Internal Flash" then "etc". Select/set focus on the "auto.network" file, press TEXT, take a screenshot.

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Mon Oct 12, 2020 19:42

Hi all,

Finally worked out how to take a screenshot of the auto.network file. So here it is hopefully this works and provides some insight Image

Cheers

Andrew

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Mon Oct 12, 2020 19:43

Well looks like adding the picture didn't work here is the google link https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZnbxUnTXLPkfrpMo8

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Oct 12, 2020 20:20

I don't know anything about NFS mounts. I'm not sure many people on this forum have got them to work without a bit of effort.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Oct 12, 2020 20:25

Good spotting.

Any specific reason for using NFS over SMB?
Not saying its wrong, but NFS may have some other quirks to work out.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Oct 12, 2020 20:38

MrQuade wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 20:25
Good spotting.

"spotting" - that's my middle name :lol:

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Oct 12, 2020 22:36

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 20:20
I don't know anything about NFS mounts. I'm not sure many people on this forum have got them to work without a bit of effort.

I have them working with no effort. If you have a properly configured NFS server, they are easier and more reliable than SMB.

Blog.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Oct 12, 2020 22:41

peteru wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 22:36
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 20:20

I have them working with no effort. If you have a properly configured NFS server, they are easier and more reliable than SMB.

"properly configured NFS server" - did yours come like that or did you have to put a bit of effort into it?

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Oct 12, 2020 23:12

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 22:41
"properly configured NFS server" - did yours come like that or did you have to put a bit of effort into it?
You'll be probably surprised to hear this, but the NFS server configuration was close to no effort. One line added to /etc/exports followed by rc-config add nfs.

Most NAS boxes, also make it easy with a web UI.

Blog.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Oct 12, 2020 23:21

peteru wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 23:12
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 22:41
You'll be probably surprised to hear this, but the NFS server configuration was close to no effort. One line added to /etc/exports followed by rc-config add nfs.

Most NAS boxes, also make it easy with a web UI.

Yep, I am. All I know about NFS is from here -
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=13891#p184508

We've had users on here wanting to connect to their NAS shares, and the NFS version of those shares show up first in the list, and so they try to connect to them and fail.
The SMB versions appear later in the list, and when the user connects to those they succeed.

Perhaps what you've posted will give Kreisler a nudge in the right direction.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Mon Oct 12, 2020 23:32

We knew from the first post that NFS was being used - hence some of the tools I suggested for troubleshooting.

It is conceivable that there could be issues on the NAS end and the NFS server could be buggy. However, I don't think the problems would be much different if SMB was used. All the symptoms point to intermittent network connectivity.

I guess a simple test is to also add SMB mounts and see if there is any difference in behaviour between NFS and SMB.

Blog.

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 06:09

Hi all

Thanks for you help so far. As for why I am using NFS I can't remember I have a feeling it was to do with Kodi when I was playing around with that in the early days. Suffice to say I did have to do some setup with the NAS. I used a YouTube clip to help with that. No idea how to do it other wise. I'll give SMB a go instead. I definately haven't done any of the command line stuff related to NFS. It is Synolgy NAS unless there is some particular setup required that any on knows of.

I tried accessing the command line last night via telnet using putty, and no matter what password I set for root it wouldnt let me in. Just kept saying wrong password I used pretty simple passwords. Are there and tricks or setting I need to be aware of in putty. As u can tell very green with all this stuff. In putty I just typed the ip, selected telnet and clicked OK.

I am leaning more towards a network issue as I have noticed Plex on the foxtel now box sometimes takes longer to load than normal. The Plex server is running on the NAS.

Thanks again Andrew

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:15

Perhaps a silly question, but were you trying to log into the Wiz's IP address, or were you accidentally trying to log into your NAS's IP address?

As long as the root password is set, the Wiz should immediately let you log in as user=root and password=<yourpassword>.

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:02

peteru wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:04
If you want to analyse network traffic, you'll need to install tcpdump on the Beyonwiz. You can capture the traffic at the time you encounter problems and then load the pcap files into Wireshark for analysis. opkg install tcpdump should install tcpdump. Make sure you save the capture data somewhere with enough space. Try not to fill your flash memory.

Before you go down that path, you may want to do some basic look-see from the command line. Have a look at the output of mount , dmesg , nfsstat --all and cat /proc/net/nfsfs/ to see if there are any clues there.

You may want to post the output of cat /etc/auto.network, just to see how the mounts have been configured.
Ok so as requested after finally getting putty and telnet to work see results of the above suggestions. keeping in mind doesn't mean a great deal to me my networking knowledge is limited and my linux/coding knowledge is basically non existent so please be gentle :D I wasn't able to get the cat /proc/net/nfsfs/ command or directory to do anything just generated a no such file or directory error. I also tried changing my network mounts to CIFS. Once I did this I wasn't able to find the network mounts I have CIFS/SMB enabled on the NAS and Beyonwiz. I think I remember why I used NFS now because I couldn't get CIFS/SMB working.

Mount
root@beyonwizv2:~# mount
/dev/root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=469348k,nr_inodes=117337,mode=7 55)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k,nr_inodes=117406)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=469624k,nr_inodes=117406)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type ext4 (rw,relatime,data=ordered)
/dev/mmcblk0p3 on /boot type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=43 7,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)
/etc/auto.network on /media/autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=6,pgrp=1972,timeo ut=5,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect)
djmount on /media/upnp type fuse.djmount (ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,gro up_id=0)

Dmesg
root@beyonwizv2:~# dmesg
RPC: Registered tcp transport module.
RPC: Registered tcp NFSv4.1 backchannel transport module.
PCI: CLS 0 bytes, default 64
NetWinder Floating Point Emulator V0.97 (double precision)
hw perfevents: enabled with armv7_cortex_a17 PMU driver, 7 counters available
futex hash table entries: 1024 (order: 4, 65536 bytes)
squashfs: version 4.0 (2009/01/31) Phillip Lougher
NFS: Registering the id_resolver key type
Key type id_resolver registered
Key type id_legacy registered
nfs4filelayout_init: NFSv4 File Layout Driver Registering...
Installing knfsd (copyright (C) 1996 okir@monad.swb.de).
FS-Cache: Netfs 'cifs' registered for caching
jffs2: version 2.2. (NAND) © 2001-2006 Red Hat, Inc.
fuse init (API version 7.23)
yaffs: yaffs built Installing.
bounce: pool size: 64 pages
Block layer SCSI generic (bsg) driver version 0.4 loaded (major 252)
io scheduler noop registered
io scheduler deadline registered (default)
io scheduler cfq registered
hiahci-phy: registered new sata phy driver
brd: module loaded
loop: module loaded
hifmc100: registerd new interface driver hifmc100.
hifmc100: Found flash memory controller hifmc100.
hifmc100: no found spi-nor device.
hifmc100: no found nand device.
hifmc100: no found spi-nand device.
hieth: /soc/hieth@f9c30000/hieth_phy@0 has invalid PHY address
libphy: himii: probed
mdio_bus himii: /soc/hieth@f9c30000/hieth_phy@0 PHY address 255 is too large
hieth: no dev probed!
libphy: higmac_mii_bus: probed
attached PHY 3 to driver Generic PHY, PHY_ID=0x1cc915
ETH: rgmii, phy_addr=3
ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
ehci-pci: EHCI PCI platform driver
ehci-platform: EHCI generic platform driver
ehci-platform f9890000.ehci: EHCI Host Controller
ehci-platform f9890000.ehci: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
ehci-platform f9890000.ehci: irq 34, io mem 0xf9890000
ehci-platform f9890000.ehci: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
ohci_hcd: USB 1.1 'Open' Host Controller (OHCI) Driver
ohci-pci: OHCI PCI platform driver
ohci-platform: OHCI generic platform driver
ohci-platform f9880000.ohci: Generic Platform OHCI controller
ohci-platform f9880000.ohci: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
ohci-platform f9880000.ohci: irq 35, io mem 0xf9880000
hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 2-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
xhci-hcd f98a0000.xhci: xHCI Host Controller
xhci-hcd f98a0000.xhci: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 3
xhci-hcd f98a0000.xhci: hcc params 0x0220f06c hci version 0x100 quirks 0x00010010
xhci-hcd f98a0000.xhci: irq 37, io mem 0xf98a0000
hub 3-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 3-0:1.0: 1 port detected
xhci-hcd f98a0000.xhci: xHCI Host Controller
xhci-hcd f98a0000.xhci: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 4
usb usb4: We don't know the algorithms for LPM for this host, disabling LPM.
hub 4-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 4-0:1.0: 1 port detected
usbcore: registered new interface driver uas
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
mousedev: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
i2c /dev entries driver
IR NEC protocol handler initialized
IR RC5(x/sz) protocol handler initialized
IR RC6 protocol handler initialized
IR JVC protocol handler initialized
IR Sony protocol handler initialized
IR SANYO protocol handler initialized
IR Sharp protocol handler initialized
IR MCE Keyboard/mouse protocol handler initialized
IR XMP protocol handler initialized
sp805-wdt f8a2c000.watchdog: registration successful
registered new interface driver himciV2.0_4.4.35_20170401
usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-platform
hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected
mmc0: MAN_BKOPS_EN bit is not set
mmc0: new DDR MMC card at address 0001
mmcblk0: mmc0:0001 8GTF4R 7.28 GiB
mmcblk0boot0: mmc0:0001 8GTF4R partition 1 4.00 MiB
mmcblk0boot1: mmc0:0001 8GTF4R partition 2 4.00 MiB
mmcblk0rpmb: mmc0:0001 8GTF4R partition 3 512 KiB
mmcblk0: p1(boot) p2(bootargs) p3(bootimg) p4(baseparam) p5(pqparam) p6(logo) p7(deviceinfo) p8(softwareinfo) p9(loaderdb) p10(loader) p11(trustedcore) p12(kernel) p13(rootfs) p14(others)
f9820000.himciv200.SD: eMMC/MMC/SD Device NOT detected!
usb 1-1.2: new high-speed USB device number 3 using ehci-platform
usb 1-1.3: new high-speed USB device number 4 using ehci-platform
f9c40000.himciv200.SD: eMMC/MMC/SD Device NOT detected!
usb-storage 1-1.3:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
scsi host0: usb-storage 1-1.3:1.0
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
usbhid: USB HID core driver
ashmem: initialized
usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio
oprofile: using timer interrupt.
Netfilter messages via NETLINK v0.30.
nfnl_acct: registering with nfnetlink.
ip_tables: (C) 2000-2006 Netfilter Core Team
arp_tables: (C) 2002 David S. Miller
NET: Registered protocol family 10
NET: Registered protocol family 17
Key type dns_resolver registered
Registering SWP/SWPB emulation handler
Bluetooth: Starting self testing
Bluetooth: ECDH test passed in 25251 usecs
Bluetooth: SMP test passed in 68 usecs
Bluetooth: Finished self testing
ALSA device list:
No soundcards found.
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p13): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 259:5.
devtmpfs: mounted
Freeing unused kernel memory: 556K (c0ad9000 - c0b64000)
This architecture does not have kernel memory protection.
Load hi_media.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:28:35])
Load hi_mmz.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:28:35])
virtual device initialization.
Load hi_common.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Jun 26 2018, 14:24:58])
Load hi_pq.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:28])
Load hi_cipher.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:30:22])
Load hi_hdmi.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Mar 30 2019, 15:16:17])
hisi hdmi CEC Driver, (c) 2018 Define Technologies
Load hi_vou.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Jun 28 2018, 16:48:45])
Load hi_gpio.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:30:40])
Load hi_gpioi2c.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:14])
Load hi_i2c.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:15])
Load hi_tde.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:41])
scsi 0:0:0:0: Direct-Access Generic STORAGE DEVICE 1404 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6
print parent bus[usb], bus_id[1-1.3:1.0]
Load hi_otp.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:23])
Load hi_demux.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Jul 26 2018, 18:25:22])
Load hi_adec.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:29:59])
Load hi_vfmw.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:53])
Load hi_vpss.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:32:27])
Load hi_vdec.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:44])
Load hi_adsp.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:30:00])
hisi-sndcard hisi-sndcard: aiao-hifi <-> hisi-i2s mapping ok
Load hi_aiao.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Jul 14 2018, 10:00:23])
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 62333952 512-byte logical blocks: (31.9 GB/29.7 GiB)
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write Protect is off
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Mode Sense: 21 00 00 00
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
sda: sda1
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk
Load hi_pvr.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:38])
Load hi_tuner.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:30:30])
Load hi_keyled.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Mar 27 2019, 19:29:24])
virtual DVB adapter driver, version 1.4, (c) 2010-12 Honza Petrous, SmartImp.cz
vtunerc: registered /dev/misc/vtuner0
vtunerc: registered /dev/misc/vtuner1
vtunerc: registered /dev/misc/vtuner2
hi_dvb: unknown parameter 'hi_vendor' ignored
hi_dvb: unknown parameter 'hi_device' ignored
phi
HI PCIE bridge driver, Copyright (C) 2005-2018 Micronas
DVB: registering new adapter (nHi)
[00:00:03:267 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 I2C(2) write error, ADDR: 200(0xc8), DATA: 192(0xc0)
[00:00:03:289 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
random: nonblocking pool is initialized
si2166 attach fail!
phi: No HI Demod Found!
[00:00:03:521 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 I2C(1) write error, ADDR: 202(0xca), DATA: 192(0xc0)
[00:00:03:543 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
atbm781x2x3x_attach I2C(1) , ADDR: 128(0x80)
[00:00:03:775 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
atbm781x2x3x I2C(1) read error, ADDR: 0(0x0000), DATA: 0(0x00)
[00:00:03:797 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
atbm781x2x3x attach fail!
atbm781x2x3x_attach I2C(2) , ADDR: 128(0x80)
atbm781x2x3x attach success!
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (ATBM7821 DVB-T2/C)...
[hi_dvb_attach_tsport:740 dmx 0,port 32]0 5 1 0 184
u32DmxNum : 5 u32FilterNum : 64 u32ChannelNum : 96 u32RamPortNum : 3
[00:00:04:269 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:04:291 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
[00:00:04:519 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:04:541 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
[00:00:04:773 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:04:795 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
atbm781x2x3x_attach I2C(1) , ADDR: 152(0x98)
atbm781x2x3x attach success!
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (ATBM7821 DVB-T2/C)...
dvb video add event 17 - 7 0

[hi_dvb_attach_tsport:740 dmx 1,port 33]0 5 1 0 184
[00:00:05:257 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:05:279 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
[00:00:05:507 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:05:529 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
[00:00:05:761 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:05:783 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[hi_dvb_attach_tsport:740 dmx 2,port 34]0 5 1 0 184
[00:00:06:027 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:06:053 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
[00:00:06:281 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:06:303 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
[00:00:06:535 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:06:557 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[hi_dvb_attach_tsport:740 dmx 3,port 35]0 5 1 0 184
[00:00:06:801 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6

[00:00:06:823 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
[00:00:07:051 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:07:073 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Write[194]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
si2166 attach fail!
[00:00:07:305 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
[00:00:07:327 ERROR-HI_I2C]:I2C_DRV_Read[260]:i2c_transfer failed:-6
No this tuner device
Load hi_fb.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Dec 12 2018, 11:41:27])
Mali: Mali device driver loaded
misc hi_dbe: hi_dbe ready
Load hi_jpegdec.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:17])
Load hi_jpegenc.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:17])
Load hi_png.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:26])
Load hi_advca.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:30:01])
Load hi_venc.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:48])
Load hi_aenc.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:30:04])
Load hi_sci.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Oct 17 2018, 17:54:34])
Load hi_vi.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [May 16 2018, 18:31:55])
Load hi_pmoc.ko success. (SDK_VERSION: [HiSTBLinuxV100R005C00SPC052_20180124] Build Time: [Jun 1 2019, 11:30:09])
Registered IR keymap rc-hi3798
input: dreambox advanced remote control as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0/input0
rc0: dreambox advanced remote control as /devices/virtual/rc/rc0
hisi KEYS Driver, (c) 2017 Define Technologies
input: Hisi Front Panel Button Controls as /devices/platform/hisi_keys/input/input1
hisi encoder Driver, (c) 2017 Define Technologies
EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)

FAT-fs (mmcblk0p3): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
[00:00:09:969 ERROR-HI_PM]:c51_GetWakeUpMode[1297]: wakeup mode err!
proc_vmpeg_0_dst_apply_write 1
em28xx: New device HCW dualHD @ 480 Mbps (2040:0265, interface 0, class 0)
em28xx: DVB interface 0 found: isoc
em28xx: chip ID is em28174
em28174 #0: EEPROM ID = 26 00 01 00, EEPROM hash = 0x0de3cbc8
em28174 #0: EEPROM info:
em28174 #0: microcode start address = 0x0004, boot configuration = 0x01
em28174 #0: AC97 audio (5 sample rates)
em28174 #0: 500mA max power
em28174 #0: Table at offset 0x27, strings=0x0e6a, 0x1888, 0x087e
em28174 #0: Identified as Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD DVB (card=98)
tveeprom 4-0050: Hauppauge model 204109, rev C2I6, serial# 14134969
tveeprom 4-0050: tuner model is SiLabs Si2157 (idx 186, type 4)
tveeprom 4-0050: TV standards PAL(B/G) NTSC(M) PAL(I) SECAM(L/L') PAL(D/D1/K) ATSC/DVB Digital (eeprom 0xfc)
tveeprom 4-0050: audio processor is None (idx 0)
tveeprom 4-0050: has no radio, has IR receiver, has no IR transmitter
em28174 #0: dvb set to isoc mode.
em28xx: chip ID is em28174
em28174 #1: EEPROM ID = 26 00 01 00, EEPROM hash = 0x0de3cbc8
em28174 #1: EEPROM info:
em28174 #1: microcode start address = 0x0004, boot configuration = 0x01
em28174 #1: AC97 audio (5 sample rates)
em28174 #1: 500mA max power
em28174 #1: Table at offset 0x27, strings=0x0e6a, 0x1888, 0x087e
em28174 #1: Identified as Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD DVB (card=98)
tveeprom 6-0050: Hauppauge model 204109, rev C2I6, serial# 14134969
tveeprom 6-0050: tuner model is SiLabs Si2157 (idx 186, type 4)
tveeprom 6-0050: TV standards PAL(B/G) NTSC(M) PAL(I) SECAM(L/L') PAL(D/D1/K) ATSC/DVB Digital (eeprom 0xfc)
tveeprom 6-0050: audio processor is None (idx 0)
tveeprom 6-0050: has no radio, has IR receiver, has no IR transmitter
em28xxdvb ts2 set to isoc mode.
usbcore: registered new interface driver em28xx
em28174 #0: Binding DVB extension
i2c i2c-4: Added multiplexed i2c bus 7
si2168 4-0064: Silicon Labs Si2168 successfully attached
si2157 7-0060: Silicon Labs Si2147/2148/2157/2158 successfully attached
DVB: registering new adapter (em28174 #0)
DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (Silicon Labs Si2168)...
em28174 #0: DVB extension successfully initialized
em28174 #1: Binding DVB extension
i2c i2c-6: Added multiplexed i2c bus 8
si2168 6-0067: Silicon Labs Si2168 successfully attached
si2157 8-0063: Silicon Labs Si2147/2148/2157/2158 successfully attached
DVB: registering new adapter (em28174 #1)
DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (Silicon Labs Si2168)...
em28174 #1: DVB extension successfully initialized
em28xx: Registered (Em28xx dvb Extension) extension
[iframe_confirm:190] iframe confirm

video[0] ready to play

[iframe_finish:208] iframe finish

EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p13): re-mounted. Opts: data=ordered
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
[iframe_confirm:190] iframe confirm

video[0] ready to play
[iframe_finish:208] iframe finish

[00:00:18:449 ERROR-HI_VPSS]:HI_DRV_VPSS_RelPortFrame[520]:Port = 0 RelPortFrame 0 Failed

hi_gmac_v200 f9840000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
si2168 4-0064: found a 'Silicon Labs Si2168-B40'
si2168 4-0064: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw'
si2168 4-0064: firmware version: 4.0.25
si2157 7-0060: found a 'Silicon Labs Si2157-A30'
si2157 7-0060: firmware version: 3.0.5
vtunerc0: setting DVB-T tuner vtype
vtunerc0: frontend initialized as type=4
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Silicon Labs Si2168)...
vtunerc0: usb frontend initialized as type=4
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (dualHD)...
si2168 6-0067: found a 'Silicon Labs Si2168-B40'
si2168 6-0067: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-demod-si2168-b40-01.fw'
si2168 6-0067: firmware version: 4.0.25
si2157 8-0063: found a 'Silicon Labs Si2157-A30'
si2157 8-0063: firmware version: 3.0.5
vtunerc1: setting DVB-T tuner vtype
vtunerc1: frontend initialized as type=4
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Silicon Labs Si2168)...
vtunerc1: usb frontend initialized as type=4
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (dualHD)...
proc_vmpeg_0_dst_apply_write 1
proc_vmpeg_0_dst_apply_write 00000001

CIFS: Unknown mount option "tcp"
stStdTiming[h:640, v:480]
stStdTiming[h:800, v:600]
stStdTiming[h:1024, v:768]
stStdTiming[h:1280, v:1024]
panscan
proc_video_videomode_50hz_write [1080p50]
proc_video_videomode_60hz_write [1080p50]
proc_video_videomode_24hz_write [1080p50]
hi_dvb_set_source [dmx: 0, tuner: 0, isvtuner: 0]
[hi_dvb_attach_tsport:740 dmx 0,port 32]0 5 1 0 184
demodid = 0,i2c = 2,freq=226500000 band=7000000,stream pid = -1
DmxPcrAcquire 0 -1073059932
Enter DMX_OsiPcrChannelAttachSync 0 0 4325376
audio[0] ready to play
Enter DMX_OsiPcrChannelDetachSync 0 0
DmxPcrAcquire 0 -1073059932
Enter DMX_OsiPcrChannelAttachSync 0 0 4325376
video[0] ready to play
[02:31:57:744 ERROR-HI_VPSS]:HI_DRV_VPSS_RelPortFrame[520]:Port = 0 RelPortFrame 0 Failed
dvb video add event 1 - 0 0 720 576

dvb video add event 2 - 0 0 25 0
<3>CIFS: Unknown mount option "tcp"
ir frame error.
ir frame error.

root@beyonwizv2:~# nfsstat --all
Server packet stats:
packets udp tcp tcpconn
0 0 0 0

Server rpc stats:
calls badcalls badfmt badauth badclnt
0 0 0 0 0

Server reply cache:
hits misses nocache
0 0 0

Server io stats:
read write
0 0

Server read ahead cache:
size 0-10% 10-20% 20-30% 30-40% 40-50% 50-60% 60-70% 70-80% 80-90% 90-100% notfound
32 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Server file handle cache:
lookup anon ncachedir ncachenondir stale
0 0 0 0 0

Client packet stats:
packets udp tcp tcpconn
0 0 0 0

Client rpc stats:
calls retrans authrefrsh
288 0 288

Client nfs v3:
null getattr setattr lookup access
0 0% 95 33% 1 0% 46 16% 61 21%
readlink read write create mkdir
0 0% 45 15% 1 0% 0 0% 0 0%
symlink mknod remove rmdir rename
0 0% 0 0% 0 0% 0 0% 0 0%
link readdir readdirplus fsstat fsinfo
0 0% 0 0% 16 5% 6 2% 10 3%
pathconf commit
5 1% 0 0%

root@beyonwizv2:~# cat /etc/auto.network
# automounter configuration
TELETRAAN1_Movies -fstype=nfs,rw,nolock,tcp,nfsvers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,soft 192.168.1.3:/volume1/Movies
TELETRAAN1_Shows -fstype=nfs,rw,nolock,tcp,nfsvers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,soft 192.168.1.3:/volume1/Shows
TELETRAAN1_Recordings -fstype=nfs,rw,nolock,tcp,nfsvers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,soft 192.168.1.3:/volume1/Recordings

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Thu Oct 15, 2020 08:08

So after some more poking around I have a couple of questions.

Should my NAS mounts be AUTOFS(mount as needed), FSTAB (mount on boot) or Enigma2? I am guessing my problem maybe that I have setup the mounts using autofs and if there is a slight delay in mounting this maybe cause the disk full error.

Is the reason I couldn't get the CIFS/SMB mounts to work was because I had my mount options wrong. They were rw,no lock,TCP instead of rw,utf8,vers=2.1?

Cheers Andrew

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Oct 15, 2020 09:09

Kreisler wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 08:08
Should my NAS mounts be AUTOFS(mount as needed), FSTAB (mount on boot) or Enigma2? I am guessing my problem maybe that I have setup the mounts using autofs and if there is a slight delay in mounting this maybe cause the disk full error.
No, autofs is the best option for most use cases.
Kreisler wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 08:08
Is the reason I couldn't get the CIFS/SMB mounts to work was because I had my mount options wrong. They were rw,no lock,TCP instead of rw,utf8,vers=2.1?
Very likely. rw,no lock,TCP are NFS options. That will happen if you simply switch a NFS mount over to become a SMB mount. That's not something you should do. The easiest thing to do is to delete the mount completely, and then make a new SMB one (or manually change all the various options yourself).

Note also, that if you have an older NAS that doesn't support SMB version 2.1 or above, the vers=2.1 option will be a problem too. You would need to remove that option for an older NAS (the setting is required if you want to connect to a Windows PC though).

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Fri Oct 16, 2020 09:17

Ok I'll try that. Mr. Quade any chance u looked all that logging in my previous post. If you did does anything look out of place. I could workout some of it but most didn't mean anything to me. Also so why do I get the following message when I try to post from my home wifi/nbn connection.

Your IP 115.70.22.150 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=115.70.22.150

Thanks for your help

Andrew

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Fri Oct 16, 2020 09:45

Kreisler wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 09:17
Ok I'll try that. Mr. Quade any chance u looked all that logging in my previous post. If you did does anything look out of place.
Mostly just the messages about the invalid "TCP" mount option for a CIFS share. That's just saying more or less what I explained in my previous post.
Kreisler wrote:
Also so why do I get the following message when I try to post from my home wifi/nbn connection.
It's just the rather overzealous IP filter that the forums use. I am often blocked from posting when using my work VPN as well.
It's there to prevent spam posts from overseas, bit sometimes an Australian IP address can be blocked. It might mean that your ISP hasn't configured something properly, or hasn't updated their records. Or it might just be a mistake at the blocking services end. Just make sure you aren't using any location obfuscating vpn services on your internet connection when you want to post on these forums.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Oct 16, 2020 14:35

Kreisler wrote:
Ok I'll try that. Mr. Quade any chance u looked all that logging in my previous post. If you did does anything look out of place. I could workout some of it but most didn't mean anything to me. Also so why do I get the following message when I try to post from my home wifi/nbn connection.

Your IP 115.70.22.150 has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=115.70.22.150

The answer is at Spamhaus - you have infected devices on your home network. Here is the report:
Spamhaus wrote: Why was this IP listed?
A device - a phone, tablet, PC, laptop, etc - that is using 115.70.22.150 is infected, insecure or compromised. It is making SMTP connections on port 25 to Spamhaus systems that show a signature for this issue.

There is a spam proxy installed on something - possibly a phone - that is using your IP to send spam DIRECTLY to the internet via port 25. If you run your own mailserver, it is not your mailserver.

Consider the implications of a malicious proxy being active on your network: spam is what WE see coming from it, but proxies can be used for all sorts of malicious activities, and they are inside your firewall.

NOTE: There may be more than one device.

Please close port 25 and secure your network and device(s).

The observed forged HELO identification was prag.gpt.pzqov.cuplnyuaujiiqxihahihdvmovwhqq.com.

The last detection occurred at: October 13 2020, 08:03 (UTC timezone, +/- 1 minute)

Blog.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Oct 16, 2020 14:41

MrQuade wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 09:45
It's just the rather overzealous IP filter that the forums use.

Not overzealous at all. Check above to see solid evidence for rejecting the IP.

Now, it is possible that with an ISP that uses dynamic IP allocation and/or carrier grade NAT, the source of the issue may be a different ISP customer, but from a security point of view the most sensible action is to treat the IP address as hostile.

Blog.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Oct 16, 2020 14:46

The ISP is Exetel and they list abuse@exetel.com.au as the contact address for these sorts of issues. Perhaps you could contact them to see if they can help you with tracking down the exact reason.

Blog.

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Fri Oct 16, 2020 18:26

peteru wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 14:46
The ISP is Exetel

I am with Exetel and have no issues accessing these forums - so it's not a universal problem
Beyonwiz V2 Quad Tuner recording to unRAID OS NAS 16Tb NAS
Beyonwiz V2 Dual Tuner (warm standby)
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar
Harmony 650 Remote Control

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Oct 16, 2020 22:19

It would not be the ISP that is causing the issue. They do not blacklist their own customers.

The most likely explanation is that Kreisler has some malware infected device.

The next possible (but very much less likely) cause is that another customer at Exetel has a malware infected device. The same IP is associated with the infected network as well as with Kreisler. If this is the case, Exetel may be able to assist Kreisler and the affected customer to resolve the issue. That's assuming that Exetel are prepared to expend their resources on this - their answer may be along the lines of "tough luck, buy a business plan with static IP."

Blog.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Fri Oct 16, 2020 22:28

peteru wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 22:19
their answer may be along the lines of "tough luck, buy a business plan with static IP."

And if that is the type of answer you get from Exetel and you are unhappy with that, send me a PM and I'll suggest an ISP that provides static IP at no extra cost. I'll even give you a referral code to get a sign-up discount.

I used to be an Exetel customer, while John was still alive. After he passed away Exetel started a decline. I stuck with them for quite a while, but eventually the Exetel offerings became unsuitable for my needs and the value proposition was not there. Every now and again I check Exetel plans and features, but they never make my shortlist these days.

Blog.

Bodogbodog
Apprentice

Post by Bodogbodog » Sat Oct 17, 2020 02:32

Exetel’s standard consumer plans include a static IP at no additional cost - available on request

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2797023

I’ve been with them for 16 years and have had no issues with them - they remain competitive for me
Beyonwiz V2 Quad Tuner recording to unRAID OS NAS 16Tb NAS
Beyonwiz V2 Dual Tuner (warm standby)
Samsung Q65 OLED TV
Yamaha YSP2700 Sound Bar
Harmony 650 Remote Control

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Sat Oct 17, 2020 13:33

Thanks for suggestions regarding the IP address I'll be chasing that up to. I have tried creating a CIFS mount see setup in the photo https://photos.app.goo.gl/SPUjpwwavCWhp1qq6 when I try to browse it on the wiz I get the following error https://photos.app.goo.gl/SLom34rQfshVY1wf9. I have checked my NAS and it supports up to SMB v3 so that is all sorted. I did have a space in the password to the NAS which I have removed still no luck. I guess it doesn't help that I am out of my depth with this networking stuff.

Thanks Again for all you help

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Oct 17, 2020 13:43

Kreisler wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 13:33
I did have a space in the password to the NAS which I have removed still no luck. I guess it doesn't help that I am out of my depth with this networking stuff.
Does the "admin" user have permission to access that share? It is possible to configure shares on a NAS such that the default administration account cannot be used to access specific shares.

Also, did you press OK once the share had been created? (Pressing EXIT to dismiss the countdown window will cause the share creation to remain unfinished, and weirdness ensues)

Your NAS supports SMB3, but are there any options to specifically enable and disable that, and is yours currently enabled?
Or alternatively, is it configured to ONLY allow SMB v3? That would be a problem.
Worth a look at, and if all else fails, see what removing the vers=2.1 from the Wiz options does.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Oct 17, 2020 13:45

BTW: You can embed images into your posts using the Attachments tab in the post entry screen. Once they've been attached you can embed them in a particular place in your post by clicking on where the image should go in the post, then clicking Show inline in the list of attachments.

Any images that haven't been marked as Show inline will appear at the end of your posts. Most common image formats can be used. There is a size limit, but it's quite generous. I think you're limited to 5 images/post. If an image is large a scaled-down image is shown, and clicking on it shows the whole image.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 14:28

As MrQuade suggests, try removing the ",vers=2.1" but also try ",vers=3.0". I use this for my Win10 shares.

Also, when making changes, select save and wait for it to complete. As noted, this is important.

Another possibility is the problem is the username and password. I seem to recall another user having a problem with using "admin" as the account. The default options for CIFS are "guest" with no password, assuming your NAS allows guest connections. You may need to create a user account and password on the NAS for the Wiz otherwise.

With SMB shares these tend to be the major stumbling blocks if the IP address is correct. It can be frustrating until you find the right combination for your setup but persistence pays.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Sat Oct 17, 2020 16:36

Firstly thanks for the picture attaching pics advise.

Ok this is getting ridiculous it can't be this hard. So here is what I have tried created a new user on the NAS allowed read write privilege's to the appropriate folders. Added this user to the mount setup, tried no version, v=2.1, v=3, no utf8. Deleted the mount and re entered it again pressed ok let it complete as suggested.

One other point I remembered today when setting the box up I was playing around with KODI and entered the NAS shares there. The guide I was using talked about using NFS mounts. I didn't have to add the mounts in the network menu.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 20:14

Hi Kreisler,

It can be frustrating to be sure.

What happens if you use the network browser to scan for shares? It should show the IP address of the NAS.

When you click on the IP address does it open up to display the folders on the NAS?

If it does, it should auto fill the mount options when you click on the folder and you just need to save the file.

If it does not open up then it usually means it doesn't like the username or password.

Paul
Last edited by Paul_oz53 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Sun Oct 18, 2020 08:48

Thanks all for your help I finally was able to add the CIFS share as Paul suggested. It was an id10t remote control interface error. I had a O instead of a 0 zero in the NAS password in the browse network password field once the password was correct. All my shared folders appeared when I clicked on my NAS in the browse network menu. OMFG I can't believe that may have been the problem.

Again thankyou all for your help hopefully this was the problem.

Cheers id10t 😂

Kreisler
Apprentice

Post by Kreisler » Thu Oct 22, 2020 17:25

Hi all again,

The saga continues. Once I sorted the password issue I tried using the CIFS directory, that was a complete failure no matter what I setup v=1 to 3 permissions everything I could think of. basically once the mount was setup I could initially see it and it contents. Performed a test recording or 2 eureka I thought sadly the next day a recording ended up on the micro usb in the back I was using for time shift recording. I also notice the following day that when I tried to access the network share, and message came up saying doesn't exist :x, even though it showed up in media and the mount showed as working and active in mounts management. I then tried to reset up NFS mount this worked initially but then the original problem returned.

So I have given up on this and am going to trial a USB hard drive for timer and time shift recordings. See how this goes (everything crossed).

My next trial was to try and record 4 different channels things at once, which I should be able to do as I have the 2 built in tuners and the dual usb tuner. See below
Screenshot 2020-10-22 181508.png
Screenshot 2020-10-22 181508.png (9.83 KiB) Viewed 2616 times
I setup 2 timer records which started on the 2 built in tuners and I did 2 crash records which I assumed would start on the other 2 tuners. The 4 records were on 4 different networks. The 2 crash records didn't work if I check in the timers page of the web GUI they say waiting.

Any thought on this new problem surely it not this hard.

Cheers

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Oct 22, 2020 18:18

Kreisler wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 17:25
basically once the mount was setup I could initially see it and it contents. Performed a test recording or 2 eureka I thought sadly the next day a recording ended up on the micro usb in the back I was using for time shift recording.

Does you NAS spin down its drives? If so, then the delay in spinning them up would cause the recording to be re-directed to /media/hdd/movie (your microSD card).

Kreisler wrote: I also notice the following day that when I tried to access the network share, and message came up saying doesn't exist :x, even though it showed up in media and the mount showed as working and active in mounts management. I then tried to reset up NFS mount this worked initially but then the original problem returned.

Has your NAS been given a "fixed/constant/static" IP address (i.e. is it always on 192.168.1.3)?
So if you use the network browser right now to scan for shares, the Synology is still found at 192.168.1.3?
What SMB version are you actually enforcing on your Synology for the NAS shares? It will probably have a min/max setting.
Please show us the contents of the /etc/auto.network file.
Kreisler wrote: I setup 2 timer records which started on the 2 built in tuners and I did 2 crash records which I assumed would start on the other 2 tuners. The 4 records were on 4 different networks. The 2 crash records didn't work if I check in the timers page of the web GUI they say waiting.

What do you mean by "crash records"?

When are the "waiting" timers set for?

[edited]

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Oct 23, 2020 09:41

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 18:18
Kreisler wrote: I setup 2 timer records which started on the 2 built in tuners and I did 2 crash records which I assumed would start on the other 2 tuners. The 4 records were on 4 different networks. The 2 crash records didn't work if I check in the timers page of the web GUI they say waiting.

I assumed "instant recordings" (as they're called in the menu that creates them). If not, I have no idea either.

If "instant recordings" were meant, that pattern: start two timer recordings from two different broadcasters, then two instant recordings from two more different broadcasters worked just as I expected, and is making 4 recordings from 4 tuners as I type.

Using a Beyonwiz-provided Hauppauge USB dual tuner on a V2.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:38

prl wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 09:41
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 18:18

I assumed "instant recordings" (as they're called in the menu that creates them). If not, I have no idea either.

Initially I thought they were instant recordings too, but I couldn't see how their state would be "waiting".

Return to “General Topics V2”