V2 can't see other Beyonwiz PVRs on network

Moderators: Gully, peteru

bruceb
Apprentice

V2 can't see other Beyonwiz PVRs on network

Post by bruceb » Thu Jul 09, 2020 15:26

Well actually they are found doing a network scan but after setting up shares for my T2 and T4 HDDs I get path not found errors when selecting them via location on the recording screen. By contrast the V2 has no problem seeing my NAS shares. My T2 and T4 see each others stuff seemlessly but not the V2

On a separate matter my PC cannot see the USB drive connected to my V2.

Overall a tad underwhelmed by this purchase I was hoping for a hassle free network setup like I had with the T2 and T4.

But grumps aside I would be grateful for some assistance. Thank you

Bruce

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: V2 can't see other Beyonwiz PVRs on network

Post by MrQuade » Thu Jul 09, 2020 16:55

bruceb wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 15:26
Well actually they are found doing a network scan but after setting up shares for my T2 and T4 HDDs I get path not found errors when selecting them via location on the recording screen. By contrast the V2 has no problem seeing my NAS shares. My T2 and T4 see each others stuff seemlessly but not the V2
Are your T2 and T4 on the latest 19.3 series firmware?
Normally, the V2 would have no issue connecting to the T or U series. Mine certainly has no issue with that.

If you are running very old firmware, you may be looking at a SMB version limitation. The V2 will always try to connect using SMB version 2.1. I wasn't aware that the earlier revisions of the T series might not support 2.1 though (though they definitely default to creating mount points using SMB1).
As an experiment, you might want to edit the mount on the V2, and remove the "vers=2.1" option. Save the mount point and see if that makes it work.

If your T3 and T4 firmware isn't on 19.3 though, then I would advise that you upgrade them anyway.
bruceb wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 15:26
On a separate matter my PC cannot see the USB drive connected to my V2.
Do you have a SD card fitted to the V2? If so, the SD card has been mounted as the "HDD", and only the HDD movie share is created by default.

See Grumpy Geoff's post here for instructions on how to enable shares to one ore more US drives
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Re: V2 can't see other Beyonwiz PVRs on network

Post by Paul_oz53 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 17:27

Hi Bruce,

Regarding the V2 seeing the T2 and T4, are the mount options the same for the V2 as those of the T2 and T4? If not, edit the V2 to match. Depending on firmware versions, it may be the older devices are running on an earlier version of SMB whereas the V2 asks for version 2.1 or better. It is an issue that also affects older NASes. Deleting ",vers=2.1" is often the fix where SMB cannot be upgraded. Others report vers=1.0 does not work. As MrQuade suggests, upgrading to 19.3 on the other devices may be a better option. All my machines are on 19.3.

Personally, after much frustration over the years I have found the best option to avoid disappearing shares is to reserve IP addresses linked to device MAC addresses in my router and rely on DHCP in each receiver. Worth considering in your circumstances. If the NAS is always on, it might be an option for this role too.

Depending on the version of SMB, the 'not found' error with version 1 may be because of a master browser list being out of date. Fixing this may require that you reboot some or all the devices on the network. Evidently, later versions don't suffer the problem.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Return to “General Topics V2”