Strange Problem

Moderators: Gully, peteru

anthonym
Apprentice

Strange Problem

Post by anthonym » Wed May 20, 2020 22:16

Hi,

I've had something weird happen twice now. The V2 is working fine playing back a video when suddenly the "I'm thinking star" appears in the middle of the screen for reasons unknown. When I then try to get rid of it I find that everything has frozen, control wise that is, but the video keeps playing back fine (albeit with the start rotating in the middle). The remote doesn't do anything, the front LED button does nothing, only the power switch on the back fixes it. but then it's a long wait for a reboot and system check and the programs I'm taping then get cut in half with a section missing. From memory last time I did have quite a few recording at once, but tonight I don't think I've got that many (I'm waiting to see what happens in case it disappears by itself).

Any ideas what is going on??

Thanks in advance.

prl
Wizard God

Re: Strange Problem

Post by prl » Thu May 21, 2020 09:02

Are you using AutoTimers?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

anthonym
Apprentice

Post by anthonym » Thu May 21, 2020 09:23

Last night I had 5 recordings going when it happened. they were pre-programmed to automatically start.

I also noticed after I rebooted that the channel suddenly jumped to a station that was being recorded. So I'm wondering if it's being caused by me being on channel "a", and having shows set to record on channels "b,c,d and e". Then whilst watching a recorded show somehow the V2 is freaking out when it needs to change channel in the background causing it to freeze?? If so this seems like a below speck problem as I though I could be recording 8 shows over 4 stations, all whilst watching a pre-recorded show?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu May 21, 2020 09:33

anthonym wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 09:23
I also noticed after I rebooted that the channel suddenly jumped to a station that was being recorded. So I'm wondering if it's being caused by me being on channel "a", and having shows set to record on channels "b,c,d and e".
The Wiz can only record from 4 different broadcasters at once. If you are recording from three separate broadcasters and watching a fourth, then the V2 wants to record from a fifth, then your live view will be zapped to that fifth broadcaster so that the fourth recording can be made.

This is all very normal and standard behaviour that the V2 needs to do to manage its 4 tuners.

I'm not sure why your lockup occurred though.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu May 21, 2020 10:07

Getting back to the spinner: are you using AutoTimers?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

anthonym
Apprentice

Post by anthonym » Thu May 21, 2020 11:32

Hi Peter,
sorry I wasn't sure what you meant by auto timers until I just now turned on the V2 for a quick squiz. No they were all set with the green button. I don't use the auto timer blue button at all. I tried it out when I first got the box, but have since given up using it. I also doubled checked in the auto timer menu and it is empty.

So all of the shows were programmed with the green button and any conflicts should have shown up whilst setting the timers I would imagine.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu May 21, 2020 11:40

anthonym wrote:
Last night I had 5 recordings going when it happened. they were pre-programmed to automatically start.

Are you recording to your NAS or to a USD HDD?
anthonym wrote:
I also noticed after I rebooted that the channel suddenly jumped to a station that was being recorded.

That would have been the last service you had zapped for live TV when the settings were last saved.

anthonym
Apprentice

Post by anthonym » Thu May 21, 2020 13:20

Recording to a USB HDD on the V2.
Timeshift is going to a Micro SD card .
The V2 is connected to a NAS, but only to play downloaded media, not to play or record content from the V2.
Last edited by anthonym on Sat May 23, 2020 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Topics V2”