Using a Network V2 as a V2 Recording Destination

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Barboots
Master

Using a Network V2 as a V2 Recording Destination

Post by Barboots » Sat May 16, 2020 17:57

Gurus,

I have two V2s and they are on a wired network. One has a 1TB drive and soon to have four tuners. The other has only two tuners and I've just been tooling around with a small drive I had lying around. To assist the girl find her shows, I was thinking that maybe I could use the "main/master" V2 as the recording drive for the "slave". Then all recordings will be in one location irrespective of which device I record them on. Changing Locations in the file browser isn't exactly for the tech-tarded.

Are there any gotchas or considerations in using one V2 to potentially handle four recordings, plus another two from another V2 over the network? It would be rare, but if it occurred would it be too much for it to handle?

If so, I'll just set up another decent sized drive on the Slave machine, and try to train the operator :lol:

Cheers,
Steve

prl
Wizard God

Re: Using a Network V2 as a V2 Recording Destination

Post by prl » Sat May 16, 2020 18:01

The write rate to the HDD shouldn't be an issue. If you use WiFi for the connection between the Beyonwizes, that can be a problem.

And, of course, the destination Beyonwiz has to be either running or in standby for it to work.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Barboots
Master

Re: Using a Network V2 as a V2 Recording Destination

Post by Barboots » Sat May 16, 2020 19:41

Thanks Peter. I figured that the drive would be well fast enough, but some interfaces are slow in "cheaper" devices like entry level surveillance NVRs.

Given I'm wired and the machines both go no lower than Standby, it sounds like I should give it a try.

Cheers, Steve

Return to “General Topics V2”