OpenWebIF - Autotimer Mtce

Moderators: Gully, peteru

BobS
Apprentice

OpenWebIF - Autotimer Mtce

Post by BobS » Thu Dec 12, 2019 08:24

I use OpenWebIf on my PC (Windows 10) and on my iPad (IOS 13) to access my Wiz V2
If I use the "old design" I can create autotimers from an EPG entry but I am unable to scroll thu the list of AutoTimers to maintain any after ther first 17. (ie there is no scroll bar and swiping up does not work)
If I convert to the "new design" I'm able to maintain all of my autotimers (by selecting from the dropdown list) but the EPG does not have an option to create an autotimer from a program display (eg like the old design).

Is this a known problem or am I missing something ?

BobS
BobS
Wiz V2
Samsung Q95 TV
Harmony 600
Windows 11 Pro
Synology NAS DS220+
FingBox

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Re: OpenWebIF - Autotimer Mtce

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Dec 12, 2019 09:39

U4
OpenWebif 1.3.8

On my Win10 desktop computer using Chrome, I get the first 19 entries showing on the screen, plus there's a scrollbar.

On a 7" tablet or 5.7" phone, both using Opera I get 19 entries. The scrollbsr is there but shows as a barely visible thin grey vertical line, right next to the dividing line between the list and the edit panel. It's a fiddly operation to swipe the right of the list upwards to scroll down the list, but doable. The scrollbar indicator repositions.
You can't reposition the screen using the list, you have to use the headers to resize, move the screen left/right e.t.c.

Using FireFox on the tablet, the scrollbar wasn't present, but I found I could (sometimes) scroll the list by swiping the left hand side of the list. I couldn't get Chrome to do that, perhaps I didn't hold my tounge the right way.

I didn't find any way to add an EPG entry as as AutoTimer definition in the new design.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:46

I just tried it on an iPad (5th generation, 2017). Using Chrome, there was no scrollbar but I could easily scroll the definitions list by swiping within the list. It was more difficult if the web page was zoomed-in though.
I also tried the Dolphin browser and I could scroll the list by swiping within it.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Dec 12, 2019 13:14

Oh, I updated the iPad to 13.3 and now it doesn't want to play ball with the definitions list scrolling :(

BobS
Apprentice

Post by BobS » Tue Dec 17, 2019 13:43

OK Thanks Geoff,
I'll just keep switching from Old Design to New Design depending on what I need to do.

If it is fixed I assume
a) It will be as a result of a firmware upgrade ??
b) only the New design will be upgraded/changed gong forward ??

Thanks for your input
BobS
BobS
Wiz V2
Samsung Q95 TV
Harmony 600
Windows 11 Pro
Synology NAS DS220+
FingBox

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Dec 17, 2019 16:36

BobS wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 13:43
I'll just keep switching from Old Design to New Design depending on what I need to do.

Does it work properly on your PC?

BobS
Apprentice

Post by BobS » Tue Dec 17, 2019 17:54

On the PC
If I stay with the old design I can create Autotimers from the EPG and use the Scroll bar to maintain them

On the Ipad
with the Old design I can create Autotimers from the EPG but I cannot use the scroll bar to maintain any after the first 17

So when Im away from Home I just need to switch to the New Design if I want to maintain AutoTimers after the first 17

I can live with this...

BobS
BobS
Wiz V2
Samsung Q95 TV
Harmony 600
Windows 11 Pro
Synology NAS DS220+
FingBox

Return to “General Topics V2”