Network Issues!

Moderators: Gully, peteru

Jan
Master

Network Issues!

Post by Jan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 15:51

Hi Everyone. Well since her arrival nearly 4 weeks ago, I have been really happy with the unit. Just a couple of minor annoyances that will be overcome once I get used to doing things in a different way than I did with the P1. However, the one big issue, is the continuing problems with the Network connection. Is it known to be flakey? On original setup, it seemed to go ok. However since then I have lost the connection a few times for no apparent reason. On Saturday, I spent hours trying everything I could think of to get it back up and connected. The troubleshooting I did pretty much ruled out problems with the wifi dongle, the USB Port, and the router: I tried another dongle (same make and model). Both dongles were fine on the computer. Tried all the USB ports on the hub, and also tried plugging in directly to the unit and not the hub. Tried re-booting with the dongle plugged in, and plugging it in after boot-up. Turned off at the back and retried everything again. Completely disconnected the unit from the power board. Turned the router on and off. All other devices are connecting to the Network without issues and aren't experiencing dropouts. When I am connected, the light on the Wifi Dongle flickers very fast and randomly. When it is disconnected, the light flashes in a set pattern of 2 long flashes and around 10 fast flashes. When it's not connected and I scan available networks, there are many networks in the list, but the one it should be connected to (iiNet*****-5G) does not appear in the list. Would that be because it "thinks" it is already connected? iiNet***** does show in the list, and I tried connecting to that, but can't do that either. The only thing I can think of to try is a factory re-set. However I thought I would seek some help here before I did that.

Anyway, after all the troubleshooting I did on Saturday without success, on Sunday I was just about to come here and ask for help when something made me just unplug the dongle from the USB port and plug into a different one. Well, would you believe after doing that, the light on the dongle started flickering madly, and when I had a look, sure enough my connection was back! So, all was well until last night when I just happened to notice the light was back flashing in the set pattern and of course I then found I was disconnected again. Aaarrgh!!!! Tried some of the things I tried on Saturday, including trying a different port, but again without success. I'm about ready to throw a brick at it at the moment!! :x :x :x

There doesn't seem to be any reason why the connection drops, or why it suddenly comes back again. So, I would be very grateful for any suggestions, or even telling me that the V2 is a bit hit and miss regarding Networking and I have to live with it! At least then I wouldn't waste so much time trying to fix it!! Oh, and I did try connecting via Ethernet cable and that was instant and perfectly fine.
Regards
Jan

prl
Wizard God

Re: Network Issues!

Post by prl » Tue Nov 26, 2019 16:32

"The WiFi dongle": what sort of WiFi dongle?

When I do a scan for wireless networks, it finds my WiFi network without any problems (and doesn't find any of my neighbours' WiFi, though other devices do). Do you have your WiFi network's SSID hidden?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 16:48

prl wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 16:32
"The WiFi dongle": what sort of WiFi dongle?
Thanks for replying Peter. It's a TP-Link Model No. Archer T4UH.
prl wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 16:32
When I do a scan for wireless networks, it finds my WiFi network without any problems (and doesn't find any of my neighbours' WiFi, though other devices do). Do you have your WiFi network's SSID hidden?
It finds around 10 neighbouring networks. When first doing setup, it found my iiNet****** and iiNet******-5G among all the others. The 5G one is the one I originally connected to, and now when it's not working, it only finds the other one. When it's not connected, it still shows the 5G one when I look at Network Settings/Info. That is why I thought maybe it "thinks" it is currently connected, when in fact it is not.

No, the SSID is not hidden.
Regards
Jan

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 18:45

Ok, well as we speak, it is back! :shock: So I had unplugged the wifi dongle, and then turned the router off for around a minute, and then back on again. After that had settled and was on again, I plugged the wifi dongle back (into a different port than it had been in before). It immediately started the fast, random flickering. Yay!! I tried to access my PC, but nothing. Went into Network Setup and ran the Network test. Got ticks for everything except IP Address and Nameserver, whereas before I was only getting ticks for LAN Adapter and DHCP. Went into Network Scan and there was my 5G network listed amongst all the others. Connected to it. Went back to Network test and still not getting IP Address and Nameserver. Ran Restart Network and voila, all is good. V2 can see PC and play files from it!!

So I am happy with that, until the next time it happens!! :roll: :roll: However just one thing that is still not right. When I first successfully set up the Network, I am pretty sure that the PC showed beyonwizv2 under Network in File Explorer. I am also pretty sure that when I clicked on the beyonwizv2, the PC could see the files on the V2. However on Sunday when I finally got the connection back, and also just now, the V2 is not listed. However as I said I can see and play video from the PC and I can copy files from the V2 to the PC without issue.
Regards
Jan

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Nov 26, 2019 19:37

Whilst at swimming lessons I knocked up these notes.

I see you've now rebooted the router, which was one of my points.
I'll post the notes for next time it may happen.

Don't go swapping wireless bands (2.4GHz <-> 5GHz) without rebooting the router after the band swap - or by giving the wireless adapter connection a different non-DHCP address when swapping bands. Otherwise the adapter will want to revert to the previous band/IP-address.
If the adapter can see a band but not connect, then it could be that the password encryption type is incorrect. It can see the band but can't authenticate.

Fix/reserve an IP address for the adapter (V2) in the router by matching to the adapter's MAC address, otherwise the V2 may get a new IP address when the router restarts.
Use \\beyonwizv2 or \\{V2's-IP-address} in the Windows Explorer address bar to open an explorer pane of the V2.
For the IP address, you'll need to look in MENU>>Information>>Network.

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Nov 26, 2019 19:41

For the record, what version is the T4UH wireless adapter - v1 or v2?

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 20:29

Hi Geoff. Thanks for responding
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 19:37
I see you've now rebooted the router, which was one of my points.
I did reboot the router on Sunday as part of my troubleshooting, but it had no effect then.
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Don't go swapping wireless bands (2.4GHz <-> 5GHz) without rebooting the router after the band swap - or by giving the wireless adapter connection a different non-DHCP address when swapping bands. Otherwise the adapter will want to revert to the previous band/IP-address.
If the adapter can see a band but not connect, then it could be that the password encryption type is incorrect. It can see the band but can't authenticate.
Normally I wouldn't be swapping the band, but I only tried the 2.4 because the 5 wasn't connecting or even showing in the list.
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Fix/reserve an IP address for the adapter (V2) in the router by matching to the adapter's MAC address, otherwise the V2 may get a new IP address when the router restarts.
I went into the router settings, but can't see how I would do that. However I am pretty sure the IP address has been the same from the beginning. Could be wrong though.
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Use \\beyonwizv2 or \\{V2's-IP-address} in the Windows Explorer address bar to open an explorer pane of the V2.
Yep, that works. So am I imagining that it showed up under File Explorer>Network before? I can't remember that I had to put \\beyonwizv2 in the address bar before. I thought it was just showing there under Media Devices. Now the only things in that section are the PC and the TV.

Another thing I think is different now, although I can't be sure!! When first successfully setting up the Network, I'm pretty sure that in the Network Settings on the V2, under Network Interface, the Current Settings fields all had values. However now, even though I am connected, the IP Address, Subnet and Gateway are all showing as N/A.

But, all this doesn't answer the question as to why it keeps having these issues. Is it possible that if there is a momentary dropout of the internet, then the V2 is unable to re-connect itself like the other devices - phone, tablet, PC etc - are? Or if others don't have this issue, do I perhaps have a faulty unit. I did purchase it as a refurbished unit in the recent sale. Although it, and the packaging looked brand new to me! It's just annoying if this is going to be an ongoing problem. :x :x :x
Regards
Jan

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 20:35

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 19:41
For the record, what version is the T4UH wireless adapter - v1 or v2?
Pretty sure it's v2.
Regards
Jan

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Tue Nov 26, 2019 21:23

Jan wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 20:29
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Normally I wouldn't be swapping the band, but I only tried the 2.4 because the 5 wasn't connecting or even showing in the list.

The 5GHz band may have dropped out from your router - bands just disappearing from routers is an issue that strikes some routers from time to time. Sometimes simply disabling that band on the router and then re-enabling it can bring it back to life.
The 5GHz band is also a lot weaker at distance c.f. the 2.4GHz band.
Jan wrote:
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
I went into the router settings, but can't see how I would do that. However I am pretty sure the IP address has been the same from the beginning. Could be wrong though.

"IP address reservation by MAC address" or similar. What router is it, as someone may already be able to answer it.
Jan wrote:
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Yep, that works. So am I imagining that it showed up under File Explorer>Network before? I can't remember that I had to put \\beyonwizv2 in the address bar before. I thought it was just showing there under Media Devices. Now the only things in that section are the PC and the TV.

MrQuade or PaulOZ53 will be along soon to discuss master browsers. :)
Jan wrote:
Another thing I think is different now, although I can't be sure!! When first successfully setting up the Network, I'm pretty sure that in the Network Settings on the V2, under Network Interface, the Current Settings fields all had values. However now, even though I am connected, the IP Address, Subnet and Gateway are all showing as N/A.

Shouldn't be like that. Perhaps after a GUI restart you'll see different.
Jan wrote:
But, all this doesn't answer the question as to why it keeps having these issues. Is it possible that if there is a momentary dropout of the internet, then the V2 is unable to re-connect itself like the other devices - phone, tablet, PC etc - are? Or if others don't have this issue, do I perhaps have a faulty unit. I did purchase it as a refurbished unit in the recent sale. Although it, and the packaging looked brand new to me! It's just annoying if this is going to be an ongoing problem. :x :x :x

Wireless adapters in the Wiz can be troublesome. It's not like a phone, tablet, or laptop with sophisticated connection/re-connection software.
My thoughts are that if you must use wireless because there's no ethernet nearby, then give great consideration to using a wireless-to-ethernet bridge well before using a wireless adapter in the Wiz. Adapters are for the "neat freaks" :)
I really doubt it's the hardware.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 00:03

I gave up on wireless connections to the Wizzes ages ago - way too fragile and erratic. Strongly prefer a direct cable connection. The wireless bridge or even powerline ethernet is a better approach than wifi I think.

What Grumpy_Geoff is referring to is that SAMBA relies on a master browser to keep track of all the IPs of the devices on your network. It will be one of the devices serving the role changes from time to time. A major weakness of SAMBA is that if a connection drops off, it can take an inordinate while for the master browser list to be refreshed. Moreover, if the device serving as master browser changes, the new device may not detect the lost device when it restores or may allocate a different IP.

The only reliable way I know to counter this is to set the wiz to use DHCP and tell the router to allocate fixed IP addresses by MAC address.

Windows usually shows the media share under the network icon in explorer. This entry disappears when a connection is lost. I also map the fixed IP to a drive letter in windows as that seems more robust and less prone to these problems.
Samsung QA65Q80TAWXXY 4K TV
Samsung HW Q800BXY soundbar
OverlayHD 1.70, IceTV, Foxtel IQ4
2 x Win7 PCs, 2 x Win10 PCs
Denon AVR -X2400H

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 16:41

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 21:23

"IP address reservation by MAC address" or similar. What router is it, as someone may already be able to answer it.
Ok, I think I have found it. Would it be "Add New Static Lease"? And would I use the IP address that is currently connected to the V2?
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Jan wrote:

Shouldn't be like that. Perhaps after a GUI restart you'll see different.
Yep, that did the trick!
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:

Wireless adapters in the Wiz can be troublesome. It's not like a phone, tablet, or laptop with sophisticated connection/re-connection software.
My thoughts are that if you must use wireless because there's no ethernet nearby, then give great consideration to using a wireless-to-ethernet bridge well before using a wireless adapter in the Wiz. Adapters are for the "neat freaks" :)
I really doubt it's the hardware.
Yeah, ethernet is not a permanent solution for me! Ok for just a specific short-term use. In this case I think I might fall into the "neat freak" category. It already bugs me having to have the V2, HDD, USB Hub and Wifi adapter and all their cables all separate making the place look untidy!! :D :D :D I can't get rid of the Toppy and P1 yet as I still need to watch stuff on them! If I can find a reliable way to get the connection back quickly when it does drop out, I can live with it. I don't need to be connected permanently, but just want it to be there when I do need it!! Hopefully your permanent IP address suggestion may help with that! Thanks Geoff!
Regards
Jan

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 17:05

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 00:03
I gave up on wireless connections to the Wizzes ages ago - way too fragile and erratic. Strongly prefer a direct cable connection. The wireless bridge or even powerline ethernet is a better approach than wifi I think.
I could possibly consider a powerline ethernet if I find this issue too frustrating. However I read that the adapters need to be plugged directly into the wall socket, not to a powerboard. That would mean 2 new wall outlets! Lucky my son-in-law is a sparky!!
Paul_oz53 wrote:
What Grumpy_Geoff is referring to is that SAMBA relies on a master browser to keep track of all the IPs of the devices on your network. It will be one of the devices serving the role changes from time to time. A major weakness of SAMBA is that if a connection drops off, it can take an inordinate while for the master browser list to be refreshed. Moreover, if the device serving as master browser changes, the new device may not detect the lost device when it restores or may allocate a different IP.
The only samba I am aware of is the Latin American dance!! While I consider myself a bit more tech savvy than most of my age and gender, that bit went completely over my head!!
Paul_oz53 wrote:
The only reliable way I know to counter this is to set the wiz to use DHCP and tell the router to allocate fixed IP addresses by MAC address.
Yes, Geoff mentioned this as well. I think I have found the way of doing this in the router, so will give it a try.
Paul_oz53 wrote:
Windows usually shows the media share under the network icon in explorer. This entry disappears when a connection is lost. I also map the fixed IP to a drive letter in windows as that seems more robust and less prone to these problems.
I'm sure it was there when I first setup the V2, but since then it doesn't show up - whether connected or not. Geoff's suggestion of entering \\beyonwizv2 in the address bar brings it up, but I'm sure I didn't do that the first time. Thanks for your help and suggestions Paul!
Regards
Jan

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Wed Nov 27, 2019 17:59

Jan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 16:41
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:

Ok, I think I have found it. Would it be "Add New Static Lease"? And would I use the IP address that is currently connected to the V2?

Yep, that's it. You can use the current IP address that's assigned to the V2.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 18:29

Jan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 17:05
Paul_oz53 wrote:
The only samba I am aware of is the Latin American dance!! While I consider myself a bit more tech savvy than most of my age and gender, that bit went completely over my head!!
"Samba" in this context is the Windows SMB network protocol, of course. Widely used and in four major versions but in recent time MS has inflicted major security restrictions on Windows users that make it harder than ever to get it to work right. Having user accounts and passwords has become the default without respecting user settings to have less strict security. Not saying this is your problem but it may be a factor. Usually, I find if password settings are problem, you can see but not access the folder.
Jan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 17:05
Paul_oz53 wrote:
I'm sure it was there when I first setup the V2, but since then it doesn't show up - whether connected or not. Geoff's suggestion of entering \\beyonwizv2 in the address bar brings it up, but I'm sure I didn't do that the first time. Thanks for your help and suggestions Paul!
Yes, entering \\beyonwizv2 or \\(IP address) is an option. The map folder function of windows saves having to do this every time.

The default firmware shares the /media folder as a samba share which Windows can see. Assuming the hardware link is fully functional, the problem which sometimes arises is samba depends on a "master browser" maintaining a list. Network-connected devices actually compete for the role and this can lead to instability. The Wiz will compete with a PC and other devices for the master browser role. If a device is slow to respond when the winning device forms its list, the slow device can disappear and reappear at random. Better if an always-on device has this role, which is why routers are a better option for the role of allocating IPs. Far less chance of the master browser list getting corrupted.

That I know anything about this topic is from years of frustration getting downloads to work only to have some rogue element upset their smooth operation! Lately, I haven't had a problem running the latest beta firmware, which is likely to soon become official. One of my skills is breaking firmware but I have yet to find a way to break the current beta version so it must be good!
Denon AVR -X2400H

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:35

My V2 is so unstable when connecting network drives, I'm having to re-scan and remount network drives every 2-3 days. My family has given up trying to use the V2 apart from direct records to USB storage.
The network mount option seems to revert back frequently from rw,utf8 >to> rw,utf8,ver2.1 for no apparent reason.
The manual provides zero help. The help button provides zero help.

Up until August I was running an old DP-Lite. I reconnected that up to see if had similiar issues. Nope. Scans and auto-connects with my network drives. Drives still dropped out but they reappeared after a quick rescan (one button press).

So I'm baffled as to why a device (V2) which is +8 yrs newer is struggling with net work connections.
I'm trying to self-teach myself how to do fixed DHCP's and fixed IP addresses. Not as easy as it looks.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:47

greatscott wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:35
So I'm baffled as to why a device (V2) which is +8 yrs newer is struggling with net work connections.
I'm trying to self-teach myself how to do fixed DHCP's and fixed IP addresses. Not as easy as it looks.

The DP series had just the same problems with IP address lease renewal (on non-fixed DHCP MAC->IP mappings) as the newer models, including the V2.

Fixed DHCP mappings were and are a good idea on both.

If you're having problems finding that setting, posting your router brand and model might mean someone can help you find the setting. However, not all routers have the capability.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Dec 07, 2019 13:27

greatscott wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:35
My V2 is so unstable when connecting network drives, I'm having to re-scan and remount network drives every 2-3 days. My family has given up trying to use the V2 apart from direct records to USB storage.
The network mount option seems to revert back frequently from rw,utf8 >to> rw,utf8,ver2.1 for no apparent reason.
The manual provides zero help. The help button provides zero help.
If you are recreating the mounts then off course they will be created with the default mount options.

That being said, there is no reason that you should be needing to recreate the mounts, these will automatically reconnect as long as the device that you are connecting to is available on the same IP address that it was using the last time you connected to it.

If you are running servers on a network, then you should ensure that their address isn't hopping around all the time.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Sat Dec 07, 2019 13:57

No, the mount options will frequently revert back to "rw,utf8,ver2.1" by themselves.
Frequently (weekly) the V2 freezes, locks up. I do a reboot or it has done its own "reset" and the network mounts revert back.
If I do re-scan and remount, of course they go back to default, "rw,utf8,ver2.1" anyway.
Nothing about the V2 network interface appears stable.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 16:05

greatscott wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 13:57
No, the mount options will frequently revert back to "rw,utf8,ver2.1" by themselves.
Frequently (weekly) the V2 freezes, locks up. I do a reboot or it has done its own "reset" and the network mounts revert back.
If I do re-scan and remount, of course they go back to default, "rw,utf8,ver2.1" anyway.

What puzzles me is why the "vers=2.1" would disappear at all. Possibly one of the two files that hold the network settings is corrupt.

One is /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml and the other is /etc/auto.network. You can use file commander (Menu>Sources/Files) to copy the files to a usb from the internal flash directory. Then check both versions contain vers=2.1 in the relevant shares.

Note that one is xml and the other plain text. If you edit either, use a linux compatible text editor. Notepad has incorrect CR/LF line endings. Otherwise, a reinstall of the firmware (but do not restore settings) is required to rectify the corruption.
Denon AVR -X2400H

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Dec 07, 2019 17:10

greatscott wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 13:57
There is nothing that should reset those options back to default on their own. There is something else going on here.

These resets don't sound good. This is something unique to your V2 too. Can you elaborate a bit more. Do these happen in response to something in particular?
Paul_oz53 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 16:05
What puzzles me is why the "vers=2.1" would disappear at all. Possibly one of the two files that hold the network settings is corrupt.
I'd say they are deleting these on purpose because they are trying to connect to an insecure SMB1 NAS.

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Sun Dec 08, 2019 13:44

I've got a second V2 that gets used weekly (instead of daily). I'll swap them over and see if the problem persist.
I'm running Windows 10 with latest updates. Router is a ZTE model ZXHN H268A (std issue for Exetel NBN).
All networking to the V2's is hard cabled, no Wifi used.

I ran a network check and can confirm SMB2 is in use (is there an SMBv2.1?)
Not sure why I am having to delete "ver2.1" to get the servers recognised?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sun Dec 08, 2019 14:21

greatscott wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 13:44
I ran a network check and can confirm SMB2 is in use (is there an SMBv2.1?)
Not sure why I am having to delete "ver2.1" to get the servers recognised?
There is a SMB version 3 (and higher!).

If it isn't working with 2.1, then the server is likely having a problem with that particular revision for some reason. You can try 2.0 or 3.0 as alternatives to see what happens.

I find it unusual that 2.1 won't work is the server supposedly sorts smb2.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 14:30

If I understand what you are saying, it works ok if you manually delete vers=2.1. However, the mount option reappears and it stops working. This is likely because on a reboot, the settings are restored.

The way to change that behaviour is to set up the mount so that it works and save the settings as a backup. That is: Menu-Setup-Software manager-Create backup.

Normally, for Win10, vers=2.0 or higher is required. Otherwise, you have to manually enable SMB1 on Windows. However, this all depends on the precise version of windows in use. If the shares are not on Win10, then the vers option parameter could be the culprit.
Denon AVR -X2400H

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Sun Dec 08, 2019 17:23

Paul_oz53 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 14:30
If I understand what you are saying, it works ok if you manually delete vers=2.1. However, the mount option reappears and it stops working. This is likely because on a reboot, the settings are restored.

My thinking it's a content difference between files (assuming autofs) /etc/auto.network (used to mount at boot time), and it's enigma2 GUI "definitions" in /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml.
Particularly as it sounds like the V2 is only rebooted when it freezes.

greatscott -
Ensure you don't exit the network mount popups, let them time out or press OK.

Paul_oz53
Wizard

Post by Paul_oz53 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 01:31

Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 17:23

My thinking it's a content difference between files (assuming autofs) /etc/auto.network (used to mount at boot time), and it's enigma2 GUI "definitions" in /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml.
Particularly as it sounds like the V2 is only rebooted when it freezes.

That was my first thought too. Easy to fix if you know how to navigate the root directory but a bitch if you don't!
Denon AVR -X2400H

Jan
Master

Post by Jan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 16:58

Hi All! Just thought I'd update you on my network issues. Well since reserving the IP address, everything has been going well and network is very stable - apart from immediately after the update. However even then, I got the network back straight away. I am also getting BEYONWIZV2 consistently showing in Windows File Explorer under Network. I was also aware during this time that I had an approx five minute internet drop-out, but the V2 connected itself again after that without me doing anything.

So I am a happy little vegemite once again! Thanks to all of you for your help!
Regards
Jan

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Mon Dec 30, 2019 16:36

The networking issues I reported in early December seem to have vanished with that big firmware update that occurred around 10th Dec.
I read the release notes and it didn't seem to address any networking issues. Anyway, all running well and stable for now.

Return to “General Topics V2”