V2 Observations so far

Moderators: Gully, peteru

beyonbloke
Master

Re: V2 Observations so far

Post by beyonbloke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:50

[quoteRebooting isn't necessary. You just need to be not inside the media player when you run the script (or if you are, exit it and then re-enter).][/quote]

Yes, I just rebooted out of desperation : )
Going to try it on the T4 this morning

beyonbloke

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:07

beyonbloke wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 01:01
Rename the directory to 'ALF_HITCHCOCK' (i.e. no space). Then run the script again.
Just tried that, ran script, rebooted, no difference.
Thanks all. Gotta go.
Will check back tomorrow.

Wait a minute...
Where/how are you renaming these files?
Are you using the Media selection listing to rename (MENU>>Rename or long-RED by default)? If so, that doesn't change the actual file name as it just changes the "media list display" name within the corresponding *.ts.meta file.
If not, can you provide a screenshot of File Commander in the USB 'ALF HITCHCOCK' directory showing the asterisked names.

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:57

Wait a minute...
Are you using the Media selection listing to rename (MENU>>Rename or long-RED by default)? If so, that doesn't change the actual file name as it just changes the "media list display" name within the corresponding *.ts.meta file.
If not, can you provide a screenshot of File Commander in the USB 'ALF HITCHCOCK' directory showing the asterisked names.
It seems to work on some directories and not on others. I assume that even if it removes the asterisk in filenames in "commander", the asterisk can still appear in the filenames in MEDIA. At, least, that appears to be the case, is that so?

beyonbloke

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:20

beyonbloke wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:57
Wait a minute...
It seems to work on some directories and not on others. I assume that even if it removes the asterisk in filenames in "commander", the asterisk can still appear in the filenames in MEDIA. At, least, that appears to be the case, is that so?

beyonbloke

That's why I asked the question that you haven't answered. An informed answer to your latest question depends on you ansering my earlier question.
My guess is that likely you used the Media selection listing to rename. Renaming of *.ts files will alter the display name, as I wrote above. Renaming of an *.mkv or *.mp4 (for example) will alter the actual file name (no *.ts.meta file present).

Instead of altering file names, perhaps implement a different scheme, say creating a 'watched' sub-directory within each directory and just move the watched file to it (moves are instant).

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:41

My guess is that likely you used the Media selection listing to rename. Renaming of *.ts files will alter the display name, as I wrote above. Renaming of an *.mkv or *.mp4 (for example) will alter the actual file name (no *.ts.meta file present).
Yes, initially I added an asterisk to the file names in "media". I guess I should have done that in "commander". I seem to be getting somewhere now. Adding the script to a folder of just mp4 files and running it removed all the asterisk signs in "media" and "commander" which was good and confirms what you said. Thanks for that info.

Tis a steep learning curve and I'm surprised I've got as far as I have for an old fart :) ...
with a lot of help mind you.

beyonbloke

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:50

Curious. When I run remove-star.sh in a directory whose path contains a space, the script gives the error:

Code: Select all

/media/hdd/movie/with space/remove-star.sh: line 2: cd: too many arguments
mv: can't rename '***': No such file or directory
If I fix the "cd" problem with:

dir=$(dirname "$0")
cd "$dir"
Then it works just fine, as the original does if the directory path contains no spaces.

I'd have thought that perhaps beyonbloke was putting the script in the wrong place, but if the script is in a directory that contains no files with "*" in their name, the script gives the error:

So I'm at a bit of a loss about why it's not working for him.

The original script woks just fine if the filenames themselves contain spaces.
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:54

beyonbloke wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:41
Yes, initially I added an asterisk to the file names in "media". I guess I should have done that in "commander". I seem to be getting somewhere now. Adding the script to a folder of just mp4 files and running it removed all the asterisk signs in "media" and "commander" which was good and confirms what you said. Thanks for that info.

You've used the script to rename those non-transport stream files, so Windows isn't going to be upset when you back them up. Job done.

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 13:09

Yes I got that message a couple of times when I ran the script in a directory that had no *'s.
I'm at the stage now where "media" contains a directory called "ALF_HITCHCOCK" with file names containing an asterisk in them, but no asterisks appear in the file names in "ALF_HITCHCOCK" in "file commander", so I'm happy with that.

beyonbloke

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Thu Jul 18, 2019 17:33

Does anyone know of a utility or method whereby I can change Linux filenames in Windows 7. I have a bunch of filenames which I added an * to on the V2, but now can't do anything with them on my windows 7 laptop, eg: copy, shift or rename, as windows regards the * as an invalid character if it is in a filename.
I have now removed all the asterisks and copied the files using windows 7 to a backup usb drive. Thanks to all who helped.

beyonbloke

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Thu Jul 18, 2019 17:38

Great to hear!
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:10

I think using a script on the V2 would be easier than trying to make Windows do it.

#!/bin/sh
cd $(dirname "$0")
for fn in *\**; do mv "$fn" "${fn/\*}"; done
Save that (as Unix/LF!) in the directory that needs renaming, put it on the box, open MENU>Sources / Files, navigate to it and "Run script". Unfortunately, it won't work with subdirectories, so move/save it to each directory that needs renaming (or wait for someone else to come up with a better method).
Just curious, what would be a .sh script you could put in the root of a drive eg: d:/"script" that would achieve the same results in multiple directories on that drive? Would that be possible?

beyonbloke

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:33

beyonbloke wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:10
Just curious, what would be a .sh script you could put in the root of a drive eg: d:/"script" that would achieve the same results in multiple directories on that drive? Would that be possible?
I was trying to get that to work when you told me there were no subdirectories. Has that changed? My approach involved using find to find the files with a star, passing it to the shell to rename without. I was having trouble making the shell command work, though. Maybe doing it as a pipe would be better - find passes the list to a script, rather than execing the shell itself. Or maybe just use Python...

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:36

beyonbloke wrote:
I think using a script on the V2 would be easier than trying to make Windows do it.

#!/bin/sh
cd $(dirname "$0")
for fn in *\**; do mv "$fn" "${fn/\*}"; done
Save that (as Unix/LF!) in the directory that needs renaming, put it on the box, open MENU>Sources / Files, navigate to it and "Run script". Unfortunately, it won't work with subdirectories, so move/save it to each directory that needs renaming (or wait for someone else to come up with a better method).

beyonbloke

Depends on how you want to run it, and exactly what you want it to do.

If you run the script from the commandline, you could write a script the removes asterisks from all files in the directories you give it as arguments, or even remove the asterisks from filenames in the whole directory subtree under the directory argument.

If you want to run it from FileCommander, it would probably be possible to write a script that removed asterisks from all files in the directory where the script is located and from all directories directly or indirectly under that directory. Then you could put the script in the root directory of a drive and have that rename everywhere. he script would be rather more complicated, though.

If you've fixed all the filenames, why would you want the improved script?
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:41

adoxa wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:33
I was trying to get that to work when you told me there were no subdirectories. Has that changed? My approach involved using find to find the files with a star, passing it to the shell to rename without. I was having trouble making the shell command work, though. Maybe doing it as a pipe would be better - find passes the list to a script, rather than execing the shell itself. Or maybe just use Python...

I'd be inclined to do something like:

find ... | while read fn: do
done
or perhaps:

find ... | sed -e 's/\(.*\)\*\(.*\)/mv "&" "\1\2"/' | sh
Find's -exec probably isn't powerful enough to do this job.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:50

If you've fixed all the filenames, why would you want the improved script?
Please be assured that the script supplied by adoxa worked great and I am more than happy. I have a USB drive with multiple directories on it. Rather than run the script for each directory which i did with success, I just thought if there was just one script in the root of the drive, I need only run it once each time I want to clean up ALL the directories.

I'm just looking for a way to be lazy, so feel free to ignore this post :)

beyonbloke

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:51

beyonbloke wrote:

So you don't like my idea -
Grumpy_Geoff wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:20
Instead of altering file names, perhaps implement a different scheme, say creating a 'watched' sub-directory within each directory and just move the watched file to it (moves are instant).
Simple, no phaffing around with file names :)

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:58

So you don't like my idea -
heh heh, no, it's just that I'm a novice and I'm still trying to keep up with you guys. I was hoping I guess, that like adoxa, someone could provide a script I could download, and then I could implement it in file commander. That at least i think I could do now, having used his previously supplied file.

beyonbloke

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 18:28

beyonbloke wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 22:19
No sub directories involved.
beyonbloke wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 17:50
[...] I have a USB drive with multiple directories on it. [...]
Well, for my purposes, multiple directories in the root still counts as subdirectories. :) But if those have no subdirs themselves, it might be a little simpler. I think you can just change it from fn in *\** to fn in */*\** and run that from the root directory of your drive. You should be able to get away with editing it in Notepad (it'll look like a single line, but will work).

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Fri Jul 19, 2019 19:34

I think you can just change it from fn in *\** to fn in */*\** and run that from the root directory of your drive. You should be able to get away with editing it in Notepad (it'll look like a single line, but will work).
adoxa ... thank you, you've done it again. It works like a charm. I edited it in NOTEPAD++ which seems to handle Linux ok.

Thanks again for your help. I can now be lazy.

beyonbloke

ShadowAD
Apprentice

Post by ShadowAD » Sat Jul 27, 2019 20:55

Hi All, Quick question, how do you cancel "Autotimer". I had one set for the 6PM Nine News and it was recording the 5PM version as well as the 6PM, even though I had the autotimer set for the later time.

I decided to delete the this autotimer and set it again, so I clicked on the Timer Button and deleted all pending recordings of the Nine News.

Not sure if that was the only way to do that or if there's a one click way to cancel the autotimer and delete all pending(s) connected to it at the same time.

Was a bit of a hassle having to go through list deleting each one individually. Thanks.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Jul 27, 2019 21:03

ShadowAD wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 20:55

I decided to delete the this autotimer and set it again, so I clicked on the Timer Button and deleted all pending recordings of the Nine News.

Not sure if that was the only way to do that or if there's a one click way to cancel the autotimer and delete all pending(s) connected to it at the same time.

Was a bit of a hassle having to go through list deleting each one individually. Thanks.
If you delete the Autotimer definition then it will automatically delete all of the timers it created.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sat Jul 27, 2019 23:04

MrQuade wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 21:03
If you delete the Autotimer definition then it will automatically delete all of the timers it created.

I'm pretty sure it will actually ask you.

"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."
Blog.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Jul 27, 2019 23:37

peteru wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 23:04
I'm pretty sure it will actually ask you.
Yes, it prompts first.

ShadowAD
Apprentice

Post by ShadowAD » Sun Jul 28, 2019 20:13

Okay, Blue Button, Got it.

dRdoS7
Wizard

Post by dRdoS7 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 19:50

Hi,

Autotimer won't delete existing timers if you make a change. So it means you have to delete the existing AT, and create a new one. Can an AT be cloned? IE. Modify, and save the clone, then delete the orig AT, and associated timers?

dRdoS7

Grumpy_Geoff
Uber Wizard

Post by Grumpy_Geoff » Mon Jul 29, 2019 20:35

dRdoS7 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 19:50
Can an AT be cloned?

AutoTimer overview list>>{select AutoTimer definition}>>MENU>>8-Clone selected timer

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:06

Received V2 last night. Installed all good. Connected up to the home LAN and had a tricky time getting recognising my various NAS's.
Came down to removing the "vers=2.1" from the mount options code. All good again.

Now I do have an old Wiz DPLite unit hooked up on the LAN as well.
The V2 recognised the DPLite on the Network Browser but when selecting it under >Recordings>Location it comes up with
"Directory '/media/autofs/beyonwizv2_Movie/' does not exist."

Any ideas?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Aug 03, 2019 13:10

greatscott wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:06
Now I do have an old Wiz DPLite unit hooked up on the LAN as well.
The V2 recognised the DPLite on the Network Browser but when selecting it under >Recordings>Location it comes up with
"Directory '/media/autofs/beyonwizv2_Movie/' does not exist."

Any ideas?
I'm not sure what you managed to do there, but none of the T/U/V series can connect to a DP series box to access their recordings.

Your DP-Lite should have no trouble seeing the V2's shared movie folder though.

billyblue
Apprentice

Post by billyblue » Sat Aug 03, 2019 14:28

greatscott wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:06
Received V2 last night. Installed all good. Connected up to the home LAN and had a tricky time getting recognising my various NAS's.
Came down to removing the "vers=2.1" from the mount options code. All good again.
THANKS!!!

This solved my problem accessing a new Synology NAS box. The older QNAP one works with vers=2.1 for some reason.

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Sat Aug 03, 2019 16:06

billyblue wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 14:28
THANKS!!!

This solved my problem accessing a new Synology NAS box. The older QNAP one works with vers=2.1 for some reason.
It must mean that your NAS only supports the older SMB V1 protocol. Maybe look into updating its firmware or turning on support for the note secure version of the protocol if it is available.

Teddles
Master

Post by Teddles » Sat Aug 03, 2019 17:34

MrQuade wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 16:06
billyblue wrote:
THANKS!!!

It must mean that your NAS only supports the older SMB V1 protocol.
More likely it's the setting on the NAS. On my Synology DS118 the SMB protocol is set by default to a version range b/w v1 and v2 which presumably would preclude v2.1. It can be set to a maximum of v3.
Teddles

billyblue
Apprentice

Post by billyblue » Sat Aug 03, 2019 21:36

Teddles wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 17:34
MrQuade wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 16:06
billyblue wrote:
THANKS!!!

It must mean that your NAS only supports the older SMB V1 protocol.
More likely it's the setting on the NAS. On my Synology DS118 the SMB protocol is set by default to a version range b/w v1 and v2 which presumably would preclude v2.1. It can be set to a maximum of v3.
Yep, turns out the Synology defaults to the v1 to 2 range with no option for 2.1, while the default for the Qnap is 1 to 2.1.

Thanks all for the help.

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Sun Aug 04, 2019 16:07

Hi all

A quirk I have noticed on V2 recordings : when playing back the footy, if a second or two of pixelation occurs, it is accompanied by a speeding up of the action, as if going into fast forward for a second or so then returning to normal speed. If I record the same game with the T4, I see the pixelation on the T4 recording at the same moment, but no accompanying speed up of the frames.

Anyone else noticed this, or should I not drink while watching the game?:)

beyonbloke

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sun Aug 04, 2019 16:17

Different hardware/software deals with errors in different ways. The Broadcom codecs have fairly good error concealment and re-timing support. Broadcom have decades of experience, whereas HiSilicon are the new kid on the block. From an application point of view, there's nothing that can be done about this.

Blog.

peteru
Uber Wizard

Post by peteru » Sun Aug 04, 2019 16:18

beyonbloke wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 16:07
should I not drink while watching the game?:)

Maybe you should drink instead of watching the game. :shock:

Blog.

beyonbloke
Master

Post by beyonbloke » Sun Aug 04, 2019 17:04

Maybe you should drink instead of watching the game. :shock:
You may be right. Definitely worth a try :)

beyonbloke

ShadowAD
Apprentice

Post by ShadowAD » Sun Aug 04, 2019 22:16

When Australia changed over to digital TV, the first SD set top box I purchased was a LASER and I remember it using the TS format for recording.

It struggled so much because of the large size of the TS files and lack of onboard memory and being a large file, transfer time took longer than it needed to be. I would in most cases convert the file to AVI to reduce size and make it more user friendly for playback.

Is there any reason why the v2 records in this format, as going by the "time scale" of popular supported formats there's been TS, MOV, WMV, FLV, AVI, MP4 and MKV.

Would it be possible in future for different codecs to be installed so you can set your default recordings output file to any format you prefer.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Sun Aug 04, 2019 22:21

ShadowAD wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 22:16
Is there any reason why the v2 records in this format, as going by the "time scale" of popular supported formats there's been TS, MOV, WMV, FLV, AVI, MP4 and MKV.

The V2 (and in fact all Beyonwiz models, including the DP series) record in MPEG TS format because that's what's broadcast and it's simplest to do. That's probably the same reason why your original PVR recorded in that format.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Mon Aug 05, 2019 08:40

Auto-deleting/ Is there an option for setting timers with "auto-delete"
I cant find one.

My old DP Lite had the option for "Auto-delete" on timers?
I'd record various news programs daily and they delete themselves the following day.

greatscott

Post by greatscott » Mon Aug 05, 2019 09:37

Is there any option for auto-delete when setting up timers?
My old DPLite could record programs (news) and delete them 1-2 days later.
Cant find anything for it in the draft manual.

prl
Wizard God

Post by prl » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15

There is no recording autodelete function for any timer type (normal timers, autotimers or IceTV timers). One workaround for normal timers and autotimers is to create a folder inside the Trash directory and record programs to be autodeleted there. They will then be deleted according to the automatic deletion rules for Trash.

The recording destination can't be set for IceTV timers, so that workaround can't be used by them.
Peter
T4 HDMI
Sony BDV-9200W HT system

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:35

I "acquired" and watched a movie with a DTS-MA soundtrack over the weekend, but encountered about half a dozen audio dropouts during the three hour playback on the V2. Simply pausing for a second and resuming playback was enough to restore audio, so it did appear to be something in the V2. I have the V2 set to pass-through audio, and was happy to see the proper DTS-MA symbol appear on the amp's display though.

I haven't had a chance to have a look at the mediainfo for the file to look for anything suspicious, or to have a re-watch using a different media player (carving out 3 hours with the toddler around was hard enough!!).

I was up-to-date with the last lot of updates that included the new GStreamer. My previous testing of DTS-MA has only been for periods of a few minutes at a time at most.

Barboots
Master

Post by Barboots » Thu Aug 15, 2019 14:26

I'm curious to hear if V2 owners feel it necessary to use IceTV, find it convenient to use IceTV or are successfully using the machine without it.

I find IceTV essential with my old DP units, but an incentive to make the move to a V2... primarily to offset the learning curve... is to save on the monthly fee.

My timers are typically series that I know are coming, but I also jag some random stuff out of the IceTV app program guide and occasionally the weekly email. This is partly because reading the EPG on the DP is a chore due to the format.

How are V2 users finding stuff to schedule? What is the non-IceTV EPG like with regard to browsing?

Cheers, Steve

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Thu Aug 15, 2019 14:49

I've never used IceTV except for the free trial periods. The station EPG has been sufficient for my needs, a quick visual scan of the programs has been OK. If I need further details Google is your friend and IMDB. If you travel a lot then series record via IceTV would definitely be useful.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Thu Aug 15, 2019 14:50

Barboots wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 14:26
I'm curious to hear if V2 owners feel it necessary to use IceTV, find it convenient to use IceTV or are successfully using the machine without it.

I find IceTV essential with my old DP units, but an incentive to make the move to a V2... primarily to offset the learning curve... is to save on the monthly fee.

My timers are typically series that I know are coming, but I also jag some random stuff out of the IceTV app program guide and occasionally the weekly email. This is partly because reading the EPG on the DP is a chore due to the format.

How are V2 users finding stuff to schedule? What is the non-IceTV EPG like with regard to browsing?
The V2's autotimers replace a lot of the functionality of IceTV, but not all of it. Scheduling out repeats is one challenge that can only be partially overcome.

Setting up recordings remotely is also something that is not quite as straightforward as with Ice TV,though it is perfectly possible with a VPN and remote access to the V2's own Web interface.

I was a subscriber to IceTV for a long time after I bought a T3, but eventually cancelled last year. My relatively modest needs are more than covered by Autotimers.

It all depends on how you use your PVR.

The benefit of the V2 is that you can afford to be a little more indiscriminate about scheduling recordings. You have up to four tuners and all recordings can overlap eachother, so you can afford to "accidentally" record some shows you didn't necessarily need.

As for upcoming shows, that's something for someone else to answer. I'm happy to just record things that pop up in promotions on TV, or are mentioned in any number of online news sources. I don't personally actively look for more things to watch as I find there is already more than enough of decent quality, and not enough time. Even if something is missed, then it can usually be caught on streaming catchup after the fact. I don't tend to watch any content that is produced by the networks themselves, so that's something to consider when hearing my opinion :)

Spot
Apprentice

Post by Spot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 09:04

I'm still seeing the time not displaying about once a week when the V2 is shutdown. Has anyone been able to reproduce and diagnose why the V2 does this?

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Post by MrQuade » Mon Aug 19, 2019 09:24

I was actually going to hunt down this thread today, so thanks for the reminder.

I have seen the issue pop up now, but I don't know what triggered it exactly unfortunately.

The unit went to standby, and I had no recordings before or during standby, but no display was shown right after I pressed POWER.

I'll keep hunting, but it seems unrelated to the REC display in any case.

netmask
Wizard

Post by netmask » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:57

After I did the first one only on-line firmware update (not beta) the time was no longer shown during standby to replaced with a purple coloured LED. Actually suits me as I have enough equipment showing the TOD ! Nothing intermittent.
BeyonWiz T3 and V2
LED TV SONY Bravia 75" Local dimming ~ Retired Samsung ES8000 65" ~
Yamaha A1070 amp
Zidoo UHD3000
Qnap TS851-4G
Pioneer Bluray BDP-150-K
Windows 11 Professional
Netgear R7000
Chromecast

adoxa
Wizard

Post by adoxa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:22

I was going to ask if it still occurs with the new drivers (20190808). Here's a patch to test two things: ensure the standby display is on before it goes into standby; change the skin to display a dash for "Nothing". To install: extract it where the V2 can see it (USB, network share), select standby-time within that location (MENU>Sources / Files or ssh/telnet), run setup.sh (repeat to remove). So, if the time remains there would seem to be something wrong with the drivers, I'll submit the workaround; if it changes to a dash, it's a skin converter issue (let me know which side the dash is on); if it still goes blank, no idea.
Attachments
standby-time.zip
(8.32 KiB) Downloaded 47 times

Return to “General Topics V2”