general question re dongle

Moderators: Gully, peteru

vladek
On probation

general question re dongle

Post by vladek » Mon Oct 29, 2018 22:02

Hi All,

Does the dongle have the beyonwiz app which allows the tv to watch/stream live tv in the same fashion as the apps for android & IOS? I did see briefly the boyonwiz video showing a boyonwiz app but I cant seem to find it clearly stated???

MrQuade
Uber Wizard

Re: general question re dongle

Post by MrQuade » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:19

I take it you are asking if you can stream LiveTV from a Beyonwiz PVR to a WizTV dongle at another location in the house (presumably lacking a FTA antenna).

A couple of links on the subject:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=12802
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12689&p=170464

It looks like Kodi can be used to stream recordings, but Kodi's VU+ plugin may not be working on the WizTV.
There may be other ways of streaming live TV, from another device but I am not aware of them.
According to the posts I linked to. there is a Kodi plugin that can stream live channels via the Internet, but I am thinking the reliability and quality of that could be variable.

I am not sure if Plex runs on the WizTV dongle, but the Wiz can act as a HD Homerun backend for the PlexDVR functionality.

There might also be a way to run VLC or a similar media player on WizTV and connect directly to the video streams as part of a playlist like I have done on the PC version, but I'm not sure anyone has tried that on Android.
See here for some info on that.
Logitech Harmony Ultimate+Elite RCs
Beyonwiz T2/3/U4/V2, DP-S1 PVRs
Denon AVR-X3400h, LG OLED65C7T TV
QNAP TS-410 NAS, Centos File Server (Hosted under KVM)
Ubiquiti UniFi Managed LAN/WLAN, Draytek Vigor130/Asus RT-AC86U Internet
Pixel 4,5&6, iPad 3 Mobile Devices

prl
Wizard God

Re: general question re dongle

Post by prl » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:46

vladek wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 22:02
in the same fashion as the apps for android & IOS? I did see briefly the boyonwiz video showing a boyonwiz app ...

The dongle runs Android and can download apps from Google Play. I've downloaded other apps for accessing Australian catchup TV that way, and I expect that that's how you get the Beyonwiz app onto the dongle if it's not pre-installed.

?boyonwiz?
Peter
T4 HDMI
U4, T4, T3, T2, V2 test/development machines
Sony BDV-9200W HT system
LG OLED55C9PTA 55" OLED TV

Return to “WIZTV Smart HDMI Dongle”